Simon Corney has stark news for Latics Fans!

I am already going to cancel Sky Sports if ratboy gets Andy Grays spot......sure as hell do not want him anywhere near Latics

If Gary Neville said "Here's £10m, lets start to get this club back where it used to be" he'd be my favourite ratboy.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Corney on the official site = "extremely unhappy, will have to think long and hard about what to do next"

Corney in the Chron = "end of the world, no more OAFC"

I can't decide who's the lower form of life - journalists or councillors?

Experience involving Latics has shown that Oldham journalists are wrong rarely, Oldham Councillors and officials are wrong.

Since Scholesy hasn't decided whether to sign a new 1yr deal at Manure yet, if he was to call it a day with them, he could be the face of any campaign we can muster up to help get this :censored:ty mess sorted out - model pro, oldham fan an all...

...i know, its a long shot...possible even a daft suggestion...but its times like this when suggestions of any kind are welcome!!

How about we bulldoze/pull down/blow up Oldham council buildings. Clear the remnants and level it off. Build a brand new ground for Latics on the land left behind, with all of the Council minutes rejecting everything we have ever asked for being buried under the new Centre Circle! Take over the car park at the side and hey presto new ground, town location, parking alongside and a new Metro link coming to Oldham as well. Radical but as the Tories are shutting everything down and laying off all staff the current building will become an empty landmark and it would be poetic justice if we took it over and redeveloped it!

Now I’m not sticking up for OMBC here but all this talk about they don’t care about Latics is bollocks. They’ve been behind Failsworth from the off, but what this has shown is their total ineptitude. They’ve tried to railroad it through without going through the proper procedures so that basically we could get on with it, but it has come back to bite them on the arse.

As Corney says, they want a new stadium; they just don’t seem capable of helping Latics to deliver one.

And as for moving out of town, unless is something we’re forced into, then that’s me out of it. If we take the decision to move out of Oldham and build a new stadium elsewhere, then it’s Jeff Stelling or Oldham Borough on a Saturday afternoon for me.

Ashton is further from the center of Oldham than Failsworth is.

Jussaying. Doesn't bother me.

True. Doesn't bother me either! Out of interest I wonder which is nearer to most of the Latics fanbase. I would think there would they are fairly sparse in Failsworth but not sure about Ashton. Closeish to Mossley and Saddleworth where there are a few. There are obviously lots towards Royton and Rochdale who would be further away with a move to either site. I'm wondering if Ashton would cause much combined extra travel problems compared to Failsworth for the fans?

Now I’m not sticking up for OMBC here but all this talk about they don’t care about Latics is bollocks. They’ve been behind Failsworth from the off, but what this has shown is their total ineptitude. They’ve tried to railroad it through without going through the proper procedures so that basically we could get on with it, but it has come back to bite them on the arse.

As Corney says, they want a new stadium; they just don’t seem capable of helping Latics to deliver one.

And as for moving out of town, unless is something we’re forced into, then that’s me out of it. If we take the decision to move out of Oldham and build a new stadium elsewhere, then it’s Jeff Stelling or Oldham Borough on a Saturday afternoon for me.

Its a fair point and one shared by Corney going off his comments... I still hate the council for be fecking balloons and letting down the tow for at least the last 17 years... Retards...

Edited by oafc0000

We pretty much are!

I got out (you'd say I was never in! :wink:) when I was 18 and I've never once missed it.

I got out at 18. I then spent 9 years trying to get back and finally did.

The council have :censored:ed us over big time.

Slagging off the town.......which offends/alienates people like me and Dave Ragg who actually still live here and quite like it - and without the existence of which there'd never have been a football club which is supposed to be the thing we're uniting over.......... is not helpful.

This is very true... Other than a couple of embarrassing headlines the plight of the club is not a big deal to the council.

Will you come down for one home game this season, to help the club? As it's obvious you still follow the club by posting etc on here..