Could the club regotiate the Micah Richards money now ?

Micah Richards was reportedly subject to a £20 million deadline day bid, which would have netted £4 million for the Latics.

Would it be a good idea for the Latics to renegotiate with City now and and settle for £2 million on the basis a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ?

Edited by BP1960

Micah Richards was reportedly subject to a £20 million deadline day bid, which would have netted £4 million for the Latics.

Would it be a good idea for the Latics to renegotiate with City now and and settle for £2 million on the basis a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ?

Rumours were a couple of years ago they offered a couple of hundred grand. Unfortunately, they hold all of the cards.

Rumours were a couple of years ago they offered a couple of hundred grand. Unfortunately, they hold all of the cards.

A £2 million saving for City might sound attractive to them, especially if there's a possibility he will go at the end of the season for maybe more than £20 million.

It could keep the club going a bit longer maybe.

Not got a problem with the owners themselves. I do think they have had the best interests of the club at heart but it's got too big for them. They're entitled to their money back but they need to sell to new people and if £2 million Micah money was to help with that then so be it.

• 1 month later...

its so gay one of the ritchest owners in the world spends £30 million on each player etc and there holding out for a couple of million

The present owners of City were not their when they made the offer. Richards now seems to be a regular in the 1st team and therefore there is no chance he will be sold unless he demands a move. If he's playing he will be happy, as long as his earnings are brought up to the level of the newcomers. Lets face it City don't need the money any more, but they will still hold out for the best deal they can negotiate, which would probably be £500,000. Should we accept that?

It would be a really bad bit of business by City to negotiate a buyout of the clause if they have no intentions of selling him. The only reason they would buyout the clause is because either they do want to sell him (so the better deal for us would be to wait - assuming we are still in business), or they can get the clause for a song (in which case Oldham would be looking at a very small amount).

</!OLD RUMOUR ALERT!> I have heard that this clause is partially securing the directors loan, so the money would not be seen by the club in the event of a buyout or activation of the clause. I cannot vouch for this personally as I don't have any direct contacts on the board. Maybe someone on the board could confirm or deny this........ not mentioning any names :p

If you are City you just wait a couple of seasons (or weeks). Hey presto! No club left to take the 20%.

They'd be mad to make any offer beyond a few buttons and a peice of string.

Exactly what I thought, just wait for us to go out of business, sell on clause ceases to exist.

That'll cost em nothing, thay don't need the money and he is playing regularly and has no desire to leave.

We'll be lucky to ever see a penny.

Exactly what I thought, just wait for us to go out of business, sell on clause ceases to exist.

That'll cost em nothing, thay don't need the money and he is playing regularly and has no desire to leave.

We'll be lucky to ever see a penny.

Times change quickly in football, its not long ago he looked to have no future at City, who is to say it won't happen again ?

We just need to survive long enough for City's comedy rollercoaster to reach another trough, Sheikh Loadsamoney to leave, and Richards to be sold to Tottenham for a "cut price" £10M.

The only reason City would settle on an agreement to buy out the clause now would be pure altruism. I wouldn't completely rule that out if the Sheikh was negotiated with directly, but any involvement of Garry C®ook would end any hope completely.

We just need to survive long enough for City's comedy rollercoaster to reach another trough, Sheikh Loadsamoney to leave, and Richards to be sold to Tottenham for a "cut price" £10M.

The only reason City would settle on an agreement to buy out the clause now would be pure altruism. I wouldn't completely rule that out if the Sheikh was negotiated with directly, but any involvement of Garry C®ook would end any hope completely.

I'm not sure you have been involved in many negotiations with Arabs...

<!--quoteo(post=465121:date=Feb 4 2011, 19:08 PM:name=BP1960)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BP1960 @ Feb 4 2011, 19:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=465121"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It could keep the club going a bit longer maybe.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not got a problem with the owners themselves. I do think they have had the best interests of the club at heart but it's got too big for them. They're entitled to their money back but they need to sell to new people and if £2 million Micah money was to help with that then so be it.

No they're not, they're entitled to try and make it back. It was a business venture, they go tits up all the time.... Some you win, some you lose. Are they entitled to their money back if it is at the expense of Oldham Athletic?

I relaise they've ivested alot and genuinely hope they get some return but they're not entitled to it.

Haha, true, true. It just crossed my mind he's so ridiculously wealthy he might just think "what the hell" and write a cheque.

No? :unsure::grin:

If I had to take my last fiver down to Ladbrookes and place a bet on whether or not HH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan had ever heard of Oldham Athletic, I would put it on No :wink: . If rumour be true you might have a better chance asking his oldest brother when he is :censored:faced :shock: