Huddersfield - Latics Post Match Thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back- few points

1.) Didn't rate the ref at all- he gave some very soft free kicks but didn't punish some bad challenges well enough. The bloke who went off, Lee I think, went down as if he'd been pole-axed about 4 or 5 times he'd have been lucky to get 1 or 2 free-kicks with some refs. Reid was lucky to stay on, just been booked for a cynical push and then handles it in their area, but some of their players could also have been sent-off on a different day

2.) Taylor is not a central-midfielder, against decent opposition. It took him about 20 minutes to have a meaningful touch. Maybe i'm being a bit harsh but when they had Kevin Kilbane sitting in front of their back 4 he was going to struggle. His injury didn't look good either, could well be doubtful for next Saturday, nevermind Tuesday. Yet, it could be worse as it looked like he thought he might have done something more serious than that as he went off.

3.) 1946 Oldham fans- doubt it that stand holds 3000+ and there weren't 1000 empty seats. Even accounting for the cordoning of of the back 4 or 5 rows- which seemed stupid and this was rightly pointed out by a pair of Latics fans when asked to move by a steward, the cops let them sit on the back row.

4.) Both teams looked quite shaky at the back, think a draw would have been a fair result but overall they were probably the slightly better side. Good point though.

Think our MOM was probably Lee- though some honourable mentions to Furman, White, Morais and Amos. The others had good spells and bad spells, especially our two centre-halfs, there were at least 2 heart-in-mouth moments.

1.) Didn't rate the ref at all- he gave some very soft free kicks but didn't punish some bad challenges well enough. The bloke who went off, Lee I think, went down as if he'd been pole-axed about 4 or 5 times he'd have been lucky to get 1 or 2 free-kicks with some refs. Reid was lucky to stay on, just been booked for a cynical push and then handles it in their area, but some of their players could also have been sent-off on a different day

2.) Taylor is not a central-midfielder, against decent opposition. It took him about 20 minutes to have a meaningful touch. Maybe i'm being a bit harsh but when they had Kevin Kilbane sitting in front of their back 4 he was going to struggle. His injury didn't look good either, could well be doubtful for next Saturday, nevermind Tuesday. Yet, it could be worse as it looked like he thought he might have done something more serious than that as he went off.

3.) 1946 Oldham fans- doubt it that stand holds 3000+ and there weren't 1000 empty seats. Even accounting for the cordoning of of the back 4 or 5 rows- which seemed stupid and this was rightly pointed out by a pair of Latics fans when asked to move by a steward, the cops let them sit on the back row.

4.) Both teams looked quite shaky at the back, think a draw would have been a fair result but overall they were probably the slightly better side. Good point though.

Think our MOM was probably Lee- though some honourable mentions to Furman, White, Morais and Amos. The others had good spells and bad spells, especially our two centre-halfs, there were at least 2 heart-in-mouth moments.

Hate to say it but I think the attendance figure was spot on. I was in one of the exec boxes in their family stand and the stand looked half full. Considering the ridiculous prices though it was a decent turn out.

Slightly disappointed with the performance.

Going to Hudds and getting a point is good; defensively reasonable.

It was our attacking play that irritates. Why have we resorted to hoofing it so much when we've got willing runners and ball players in the side? When we did play it on the floor we looked like scoring - Reid's miss the obvious example.

Ref was :censored: - poor decisions both ways. Their players falling over was embarrassing - Hazell should never have been booked. Some of the tackles on Taylor and Morais that didn't result in yellow cards were a disgrace and I saw their defender scrape his studs down the back of Reid's leg second half when the ball was 50 yards away.

Given that they had most of the possession, I'll take a point.

Kieran Lee MOM by a long way, he was excellent at right-back today. Draw fair result. Referee wanted to be centre of attention, spoilt the game and turned it nasty.

couldnt go today,just finished mights...but a point away from home is deffo a good result.....

we now need to carry this forward as the clubs below us are gaining points and momentum....

well done to the blue barmy army...good away following considering the ridiculous charges..

Slightly disappointed with the performance.

Going to Hudds and getting a point is good; defensively reasonable.

It was our attacking play that irritates. Why have we resorted to hoofing it so much when we've got willing runners and ball players in the side? When we did play it on the floor we looked like scoring - Reid's miss the obvious example.

Ref was :censored: - poor decisions both ways. Their players falling over was embarrassing - Hazell should never have been booked. Some of the tackles on Taylor and Morais that didn't result in yellow cards were a disgrace and I saw their defender scrape his studs down the back of Reid's leg second half when the ball was 50 yards away.

Given that they had most of the possession, I'll take a point.

Spot on although Rubes was lucky to stay on when yanking their forward down 1st half which was about the only time the ref didn't give them a free kick.

When we played it on the ground they looked very vunerable at the back and we created our best chances like that.

What was disappointing was their CH was a very clumsy oaf who had the turning capacity of the QE2 yet we didn't once try to exploit it. They would have struggled with balls down the channels for Reid & Tounkare to chase but

we just kept flinging high balls up front and he stood there all day heading them out thinking it must be my birthday !!

They are a poor side though and just play for corners and free kicks .

Good point but could have done better.

Edited by losesome

Spot on although Rubes was lucky to stay on when yanking their forward down 1st half which was about the only time the ref didn't give them a free kick.

When we played it on the ground they looked very vunerable at the back and we created our best chances like that.

What was disappointing was their CH was a very clumsy oaf who had the turning capacity of the QE2 yet we didn't once try to exploit it. They would have struggled with balls down the channels for Reid & Tounkare to chase but

we just kept flinging high balls up front and he stood there all day heading them out thinking it must be my birthday !!

They are a poor side though and just play for corners and free kicks .

Good point but could have done better.

They haven't lost this year yet. So I'd clas them as one of the league's better sides.

Today was a cracking result for us.

good derby, good atmosphere but i think we could have got a win if we'd attacked a bit more.

huddersfield were average and hoofed it up but we seem to do the same when the other team does which annoys me.

we defended very well and i think maybe with stephens in, he might have bossed the midfield with furman who was MOTM for me which could have won us the game.

the ref was definitely on our side more than theirs but some of the bookings were bad decisions. anyone who makes 15,000 yorkshiremen as wound up as they were today has had a good game

we could have pushed them more but you can't complain with a clean sheet at a place like the gayfarm. two games against them, two good performances, two clean sheets and four points against a rival play-off team. i'll take that.

3 points on tuesday please with the same amount of support

Edited by oafc-latics

the ref was definitely on our side more than theirs but some of the bookings were bad decisions. anyone who makes 15,000 yorkshiremen as wound up as they were today has had a good game

I don't know, i thought he was consistently awful but was conned all afternoon by Huddersfield throwing themselves to the ground like they'd been shot. I guess it shows how terrible he was that even our fans can't agree who benefitted most from his mistakes.

Both side bits were netted off too. At least 1000 seats that were not available to you...