Right, just to clarify the rumours

...especially as the stands won't need a roof... although building foundations on shifting sands are never a good idea - the TTA have been trying to do that since they arrived and look where that's got them.

Could be opposed by the Chad Residents Action Party!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Simon, you nearly gave it all away on Manchester Radio tonight, just stopped short of letting it all out!!!

Tell it as it is, give us all a lift after tonight's result :D

So he had a great chance to boost the masses. Nearly let it out..

“ It’s really very very difficult, but there are one or two alternatives for us to check out”

We've practically got the keys... Ahem

Edited by singe

So he had a great chance to boost the masses. Nearly let it out..

“ It’s really very very difficult, but there are one or two alternatives for us to check out”

We've practically got the keys... Ahem

Ha ha, Simon knows ya know :wink:

I'll give you a little clue!!

There are two sites on offer, both have been offered previously!!

Now would OMBC allow themselves to be dragged through the courts or go out of their way to 'assist' OAFC in keeping the club in the borough's confines?

You know you know :grin:

ye i have been told about the new site by a very reliable source aswel. aparantly we will be chuffed that we didnt go to failsworth when this site is revieled

I hope this new site will allow us to build a 16,000 seat stadium with room for expansion, rather than the previous 12,000 with mo expansion likely to be allowed.

:petesake:

you got a headache garcon.lol

i did hear that the likehood is its the gas works...not just the land where the tower is but the old depot as well which runs from oldham road down near mersey road north....and its supposed to be the whole shebang...but just have to be patient and wait i spose.lol

Hold on...But I thought there was nowhere else in Oldham left to go :blush:

Is the smoke finally clearing and the mirrors being taken down?

PS Also heard similar info from a decent source who would know. Not on location, but that a location is being considered and it will suit all. I did the old guessing game but I'm no Jack Bauer thus I didn't get a location. If it comes off, it's a shame the club had to be split down the middle first for it to happen.

Well their exact words were 'there is no other suitable 30 acre site in Oldham'.

My guess is that the new sites offered arent 30 acres.

I suppose that opens up the prospect of "stadium and hotel at site Z (or whatever we're up to now) and cinema, bowling, 5-a-side at Failsworth non-charitable land".

Whatever - 3 years minimum for the stadium. Hopefully they can get the leisure side set up sooner and start earning a rental income from that (assuming that's the plan and I've not totally misunderstood the concept).

I suppose that opens up the prospect of "stadium and hotel at site Z (or whatever we're up to now) and cinema, bowling, 5-a-side at Failsworth non-charitable land".

Whatever - 3 years minimum for the stadium. Hopefully they can get the leisure side set up sooner and start earning a rental income from that (assuming that's the plan and I've not totally misunderstood the concept).

I suppose it does, however I think it wold still be better if it was on site, as I think it would increase the exposure of the club.

IF the facilities arent on site, people will go there to use them and that will be the end of it, they wont associate it with Latics. Whereas if the stadium is on site, people will associate the facilities with Latics.

I suppose it does, however I think it wold still be better if it was on site, as I think it would increase the exposure of the club.

IF the facilities arent on site, people will go there to use them and that will be the end of it, they wont associate it with Latics. Whereas if the stadium is on site, people will associate the facilities with Latics.

Agreed.

you got a headache garcon.lol

i did hear that the likehood is its the gas works...not just the land where the tower is but the old depot as well which runs from oldham road down near mersey road north....and its supposed to be the whole shebang...but just have to be patient and wait i spose.lol

So are we talking this patch?

capture2de.png

So are we talking this patch?

capture2de.png

No. Definately not.

The Gas Works are currently improving their site at a cost of millions, Victoria Mill has recently been renovated at a cost of millions,and houses several businesses, Relocation of Ferguson Polycom was costed at £5.8m four years ago, the Waggon and Horses has recently been acquired (By a Latics fan) and granted permission to change to an upmarket restaurant at a cost of c. £400k, which still leaves relocation of around eleven other businesses.

The only land available is the land on the other side of Albert St, which would mean removal of a Networked storage gasometer, costing upward of £1.5m.

I hope this new site will allow us to build a 16,000 seat stadium with room for expansion, rather than the previous 12,000 with mo expansion likely to be allowed.

what would eb the point of that when we cant even fill what we have at the moment?

I wouldnt even be surprised if the capacity was just over 10k, but given our average gate in this division I would much rather build an expandable stadium of a 10,000 capacity (expandable to 16k) and put money into making the stadium look nice and stand out, rather than put the money into empty seats which will only be used once in a blue moon*

If we are playing in the championship then by all means, build it for 16k, but whilst we are in this division 10k is more than enough.

what would eb the point of that when we cant even fill what we have at the moment?

I wouldnt even be surprised if the capacity was just over 10k, but given our average gate in this division I would much rather build an expandable stadium of a 10,000 capacity (expandable to 16k) and put money into making the stadium look nice and stand out, rather than put the money into empty seats which will only be used once in a blue moon*

If we are playing in the championship then by all means, build it for 16k, but whilst we are in this division 10k is more than enough.

You have forgot, we are going up this season so will need the 16k seater stadium doh........

No. Definately not.

The Gas Works are currently improving their site at a cost of millions, Victoria Mill has recently been renovated at a cost of millions,and houses several businesses, Relocation of Ferguson Polycom was costed at £5.8m four years ago, the Waggon and Horses has recently been acquired (By a Latics fan) and granted permission to change to an upmarket restaurant at a cost of c. £400k, which still leaves relocation of around eleven other businesses.

The only land available is the land on the other side of Albert St, which would mean removal of a Networked storage gasometer, costing upward of £1.5m.

anyone would think you worked near there... B)

Stick a massive Latics badge on the buildings? :wink:

Agreed.

What difference does it make if the profits still go to Latics? There may be people out there that wouldn't use the facilities if they thought they were owned by Latics.... All those bitter Oldham city and united fans jealous of our success....