Season Defining?

Next couple of games, Franchise Scum away and Peterborough at home. Surely season defining.

Imperative we put an end to our bad mini-run and a chance to propel ourselves back into the heart of the play offs.

A couple of Big games coming up – that as you say; could well shape the end to the season for us.

I’m not sure how well fair against the Mongs – they have been a bit of a bogey side for us recently; and their Milton Keynes SuperBowl ground is a difficult place to go and get result.

Peterborough should be a top game. They score for fun but cant defend for toffee; we give silly goals away and on our day can be nice & bright attacking wise – so it could be 5-5; and P’borough have had a few scorelines like that this season.

Bournemouth away is a tricky one – as i thought they would struggle after Eddie Howe left; but Lee Bradbury has done really well for them in his caretaker role and they’re still up there on merit. If we can go and get a point; i’d be more than happy with that.

9 points on offer – if we realistically want to claim we’re playoff material, then we need all 9 to put us back in the hunt........I can only see us getting 5; and i have that from a win tomorrow night and draws against P’borough & Bournemouth – and i’m not sure that will be enough if other results go against us.

Any roads, we need to bounce back that’s for sure, a worrying little slump this is; hopefully the lads snap out of it tomorrow night.

Next couple of games, Franchise Scum away and Peterborough at home. Surely season defining.

Imperative we put an end to our bad mini-run and a chance to propel ourselves back into the heart of the play offs.

Lose tomorrow night and we're 6 points behind the Mongs, truly season defining imo - if we win we're back above them on goal difference. Looks like the dodgy spell you quite rightly stated we had avoided thus far a few weeks back has arrived. February has tended to be season defining for us over the last few seasons. I can think of four or five seasons just in this league when we've been handily placed at the beginning of February, only to see us shoot ourself in the foot with a crap run which sets us up for a poor run-in….

Dickov played it down when asked that very question on GMR after the game but he'll know it's make or break really. We need 2 wins to give us a realistic chance, anything less than 4 points though I'd say that would be the nail.

As poor has we were against Bristol, on goal scoring chances alone during the match Latics should have won. Now is the time for this side to decide where it goes this season, we need wins now quick and a plenty. The story so far says we wont achieve that however the side that storms into the play off's tends to be the form side in them. We can afford to lose perhaps two/three more matches so long as we win all the others with no draws.

Edited by Lags

I personally felt our chances of a top 6 finish ended on Saturday, but we'll see

I think you're right.

But these youngsters have surprised me before with their ability to bounce back and hopefully they'll surprise me again.

My big concern is that I'm not sure that any degree of changing personnel will actually improve the situation. So basically we're relying on the squad we've got improving their game in a very short period of time.

Still, 9 months ago where were we ...

Our season turned when the dummy was spat out with the leaving B.P.comments , caused a big black cloud and if the Liverpool take over from one multi millionaire to another drastically affected there team performances then its no suprise a team full of of kids making there way have performed poorly since the announcement.imo

I think you're right.

But these youngsters have surprised me before with their ability to bounce back and hopefully they'll surprise me again.

My big concern is that I'm not sure that any degree of changing personnel will actually improve the situation. So basically we're relying on the squad we've got improving their game in a very short period of time.

I beleive that on our day we can beat anyone in this Division (even Southampton), but I'm afraid we're just not consistant enough to be a top 6 team look back to the end of December/early Jan we were 4 points off the play-offs and 4 points off relegation and there were around 10-15 teams in the same position and gradually more teams seem to be falling away

as for the 9 months comment thats what really pissed me off about Saturday, after all the crap we were put through under Penney I felt that Saturday was our chance to put him in his place, instead we miss a hat-full of chances and he gets the points

my three nephews are mascots on Sat.

Which Peterbrough players should I tell them to "cough, cough" nobble in warm up?

Not that I am advocating violence....however if it's for a good cause.....

='1298312733' post='471352']

my three nephews are mascots on Sat.

Which Peterbrough players should I tell them to "cough, cough" nobble in warm up?

Not that I am advocating violence....however if it's for a good cause.....

biggrin.gif

Grant McCan!

Edited by SholverBlue

I think you're right.

That's true to an extent, the only thing thing is we've been that good on occasions that my expectations were raised... It is a credit to the team/manager that I will be disappointed if we don't reach the play offs, I will be disappointed though because we are good enough.

Our season defining games (if there are such things) imo were the two Carlisle games. Snatching a draw from the jaws of victory and totally bottling it on our crowd incentive day will prove irrecoverable (as demonstrated by the ensuing defeat at BR) as far as the promotion push is concerned.

Sorry lads but the bubble has burst - we just need to get back on the road to consolidation before it descends into .......??

I agree - poor results against Walsall, Dag & Red and Bristol are threatening to :censored: us. Not to mention the Exeter debacle and Carlisle away. Or as mattsgrandad says the morale sapping disaster of Carlisle at home. :mad:

Easy to get negative just now but we're still only wobbling - tonight is massive.

Given bad form and 13 games in 7 weeks I think Dicko ought to mix it up tonight...

Amos

Lee

White

Todd

Hazell

Furman

Stephens (?)

Taylor

Jones/Alessandra

Morais

Feeney

:unsure:

It could be that whoever fends off Dale will get 6th - they're really motoring at the mo and perhaps have favourable looking fixtures. Currently unbeaten in 10 - W6 D4