Facebook rumour.....

This is a nice happy story.

My other half has just read a snippet out to me.....

'Rumour has it that if Latics get 6 more points, then the club will put them into administration as they would still be safe after the 10 point deduction.'

That's some twisted thinking right there! Jeeeessus!!

Can we go into admin? We only owe money to the owners don't we? We can't wipe that debt so wouldn't we just go bust straight away?

You go into admin and it can help clear some debts but I doubt TTA's are up for writing the money owed to them off unless they sell BP for houses and leave us to rot. Can't see it happening.

Plus when Leeds did it in a calculated way they got a bigger points reduction, cant be sure it would be 10 if they thought we were taking the piss.

So, 6 more points minus 10 points for admin would put us on 4 points less than we're on now, i.e. 42 points.

Given that 42 points would categorically NOT be enough to stay up, I think we can safely discard this rumour as absolute :censored:ing bollocks.

As you were.

:blink:

The Raja Bros? I knew they'd step upto the plate. Class news(agents).

Looked more Thai. Hardly think they would sit in the RRE if they wanted to be impressed.

Unless it's ugly kids they're into.

Thinking about it a million for some of the women in the RRE would be firing ping pongs all over the shop.

'Rumour has it that if Latics get 6 more points, then the club will put them into administration as they would still be safe after the 10 point deduction.'

The same rumour has been going around at Middlesbrough, and Gibson isn't skint!

Wouln't any new (potential) owner be in the directors box? David Eyres was there today, has he come into some money? And looking for his boots so he could play? Could give Stephens some set piece advice..

Apparently they were about to invest £300 billion into the club to make us europe's finest but saw Eyres's in Tesco and have now pulled the plug on any investment as they expected M&S at least!!!!

Don't think so!!!

If this were to happen and we were still in admin at the end of the season, we would most probably incur a points deduction next season as well.

All complete bollocks!

IF we tried to play the system and attempt to navigate around the administration penalty clause, you'll find the FA will clobber us with a much stiffer penalty than a 10-point deduction. Plus it will be the second time in 10 years we have entered admin. The League could order a full audit of the clubs accounts and ascertain if it was a ploy by the club as part of their investigations. The actual penalty could be anything from 11 point+ deduction to guaranteed relegation of however many divisions they see fit for the crime committed!

Dundee also enterred admin for a second time this season and had either a 20 or 25 point deduction imposed!