So do I. But i specifically said 'for a team that was in't champ not so long ago'. We weren't....our championship days are a very distant memory

They were only averagin 5k in the championship and a couple of years before that were always getting the 2800 ish crowds.

The worrying thing for them is the new ground didnt have the lasting positive effect on crowds that it has with many other teams

Still not a great believer of the 'build it and they will come' philosophy. Although you may get an initial slight increase, any continual raise is due to teams that build new stadiums generally being well run and on the up anyway. If you're not you end up with desperate failing half arsed attempts more often than not.

Aren't Colchester getting near to being officially at the 'in the :censored:' status?

Still not a great believer of the 'build it and they will come' philosophy. Although you may get an initial slight increase, any continual raise is due to teams that build new stadiums generally being well run and on the up anyway. If you're not you end up with desperate failing half arsed attempts more often than not.

Aren't Colchester getting near to being officially at the 'in the :censored:' status?

What do you mean? Like unable to pay their wages.

Tell that to Chesterfield..................... 10k+ on Friday night!

They were only averagin 5k in the championship and a couple of years before that were always getting the 2800 ish crowds.

The worrying thing for them is the new ground didnt have the lasting positive effect on crowds that it has with many other teams

I don't think the Colchester ground is as bad as some seem to think but the location is awful - last year the nearest I could park was half an hour's walk away with no obvious, practical public transport alternative. I know they run shuttles from the town centre but it woudl be pointless for me to go there.

That made me making it 2893 impossible despite the fact that it is the nearest ground to home.

Should Latics ever build a new ground it will almost certainly have the advantage of being in a built up area which at least means there is a natural, local audience.

Colchester have never been really good supported, in the Championship look at there crowds work out how much of that was brought from larger supporting away sides. Personally i think a Tuesday night game, against a side on a poor run of form, they themselves not playing well also always gonna be a low number. Although no live Champions League football is no excuse.

read what he said again

Okay, perhaps now you are off your high horse I have read it 3 times and it doesnt contradict anything I said. If you mean the bit where it says initial increase in support, they have been getting double their former crowd all season...... 6k+ instead of 3k..... its all about having a proper plan with the RIGHT place in mind and to see it through rather than change your mind or venue half a dozen times!

If its the bit where it says an increase in support because of short term success, we had that earlier this season in terms of results and performances and our crowds dropped drastically. Now if you want to comment please come back with something more substantial than "read what he said again"! :wink:

I went on Col U on a Tuesday night 10 years ago, we were playing :censored: but still took 250ish.

How many went last night?

I went to that too, was impressed with how many were there that night.

I heard there was 82 last night - that must be one of our worst followings ever