what a surprise!

Fail!!!

Becoming an annual cock-up this now!

Not really.... this time we have strikers on loan at the club beciase we got them in early doors.

lets face it, it wouldnt have mattered if we had got some one in - is anyone one on this board :censored:in happy anymore

no matter what the club does, this board is full of people putting them down and thelling them they have done it wrong or not done enough or dome too much ....lose lose situation eveytime

if nothing had been posted about a failed attempt then if would have been why didnt we at least try to loan another striker!! club cant win again

this board and the fans alike are becoming annoying and predictable

Not really.... this time we have strikers on loan at the club beciase we got them in early doors.

lets face it, it wouldnt have mattered if we had got some one in - is anyone one on this board :censored:in happy anymore

no matter what the club does, this board is full of people putting them down and thelling them they have done it wrong or not done enough or dome too much ....lose lose situation eveytime

if nothing had been posted about a failed attempt then if would have been why didnt we at least try to loan another striker!! club cant win again

this board and the fans alike are becoming annoying and predictable

I knew we had someone lined up yesterday, the move obviously collapsed again. Even when we were potless under Brierley we managed to bring on Beavers who was instrumental in keeping is up. I just hope young Lowe has as much influence as Mark Innes had in those final few weeks in '99. Of course no ones happy, for many the penny has finally dropped despite mine and others warnings going back as far as 2008. Saint. Simon can do no wrong but he's royally :censored:ed this club up, wages not paid again, players being allowed to leave to save money on instalments and staring relegation in the face. Yes we're 7 points clear but who can honestly see us scoring enough goals to stay up? All confidence and desire has been obliterated by the off-field bollocks….

Edited by oafcprozac

I knew we had someone lined up yesterday, the move obviously collapsed again. Even when we were potless under Brierley we managed to bring on Beavers who was instrumental in keeping is up. I just hope young Lowe has as much influence as Mark Innes had in those final few weeks in '99. Of course no ones happy, for many the penny has finally dropped despite mine and others warnings going back as far as 2008. Saint. Simon can do no wrong but he's royally :censored:ed this club up, wages not paid again, players being allowed to leave to save money on instalments and staring relegation in the face. Yes we're 7 points clear but who can honestly see us scoring enough goals to stay up? All confidence and desire has been obliterated by the off-field bollocks….

if we had someone lined up yesterday then maybe the palyer changed his mind? the clubs fault?

Beavers was rubbish! Tonk, Reid Brooke have been doing waht he did for the last 10 games , working hard - no goals :wink:

how can you :censored: something that was on the edge of oblivion already - havent seen anyone else step forward to do anything

and maybe you have been saying it since 2008 along with others

but... and not a personal dig in anyway but its not :censored:in rocket science that if you cant cover costs, cant pay the bills, cant afford a new stand and maitenance on the stadium, then eventuallt you wont be able to pay the wages of the players and the club will be up :censored: creek without a paddle.

thats not just how our club has been run thats how foorball is being run all over the country

we need new invstors, we have needed them for 5 years - thay havent come so the club has been run as best it could be IMO under the :censored:e circumstances, mistakes have been made i know

but with survival and new ground location neither of which (although they may seem it at the moment) are not a million miles away and it paints a totally differnt picture

starting with a predicted win on Monday

sorry for the spelling, typing as quick as i can while at work :grin:

Edited by palmer1

if we had someone lined up yesterday then maybe the palyer changed his mind? the clubs fault?

Beavers was rubbish! Tonk, Reid Brooke have been doing waht he did for the last 10 games , working hard - no goals :wink:

how can you :censored: something that was on the edge of oblivion already - havent seen anyone else step forward to do anything

and maybe you have been saying it since 2008 along with others

but... and not a personal dig in anyway but its not :censored:in rocket science that if you cant cover costs, cant pay the bills, cant afford a new stand and maitenance on the stadium, then eventuallt you wont be able to pay the wages of the players and the club will be up :censored: creek without a paddle.

thats not just how our club has been run thats how foorball is being run all over the country

we need new invstors, we have needed them for 5 years - thay havent come so the club has been run as best it could be IMO under the :censored:e circumstances, mistakes have been made i know

but with survival and new ground location neither of which (although they may seem it at the moment) are not a million miles away and it paints a totally differnt picture

starting with a predicted win on Monday

sorry for the spelling, typing as quick as i can while at work :grin:

You keep putting your trust in Saint Simon, check behind that poster in his office its all going a bit Shawshank Redemption for me…. my point about the move collapsing yesterday is that this run has gone on for two months - surely they could have acted three or four weeks ago? Not panicking at the last minute like they always do. As for Beavers he was :censored: yes, but played an important part in keeping us up. Lewis Guy was :censored: too, but he helped keep us up.

You keep putting your trust in Saint Simon, check behind that poster in his office its all going a bit Shawshank Redemption for me…. my point about the move collapsing yesterday is that this run has gone on for two months - surely they could have acted three or four weeks ago? Not panicking at the last minute like they always do. As for Beavers he was :censored: yes, but played an important part in keeping us up. Lewis Guy was :censored: too, but he helped keep us up.

who else should I put my trust in? he is running my club as I said there in no-one else

its come to the point where we have to take him on his word- "he wont put us in administration"

I see it as things could go one way or the other, all will be decided in the next 10-12 weeks

you have to KEEP THE FAITH or you turn into a bitter Oldham fan and there is enough of them about

Edited by palmer1

its come to the point where we have to take him on his word- "he wont put us in administration"

I think the last thing he said about this was that "administration would be the last resort". That little bit of wiggle room worries me.

I don't trust that Corney will get us out of this mess because I think it could be too big for him (or any of us) to deal with, but I certainly don't blame him for us being where we are. Our current demise hasn't been down to him taking extravagant (sp) gambles it's because this club, as with many others at our level, is unsustainable.

This made me laugh quite a lot :D

Some sensible points made in this thread, i think the reality lies somewhere in the middle.

I think the last thing he said about this was that "administration would be the last resort". That little bit of wiggle room worries me.

I don't trust that Corney will get us out of this mess because I think it could be too big for him (or any of us) to deal with, but I certainly don't blame him for us being where we are. Our current demise hasn't been down to him taking extravagant (sp) gambles it's because this club, as with many others at our level, is unsustainable.

Simon Corney is not to blame. The people of Oldham are to blame. Quite honestly the town does not deserve a football club if only 3 or 4000 can be bothered to support the club in a population well over 200,000.

Simon Corney is not to blame. The people of Oldham are to blame. Quite honestly the town does not deserve a football club if only 3 or 4000 can be bothered to support the club in a population well over 200,000.

When Dickov gave them hope, they ignored it.

How has Simon Corney :censored:ed the club up when it was already :censored:ed when he and the other bought it. He and the other 2 have :censored:ed up numerous promises, opportunities, managerial appointments etc while running the club but the club itself was :censored:ed to begin with when they took over.

Like it or not OAFC is not sustainable at this level without investment. Since TTA have taken over they have provided investment and we have seen a number of very good players come and go. Players we could not and never would have afforded without their investment. I have enjoyed the seasons that TTA have been in charge (apart from Penney) but I knew it wouldnt last for ever unless, we got a new ground which for various reasons isnt/hasnt materialised or a promotion. TTA experiment to create a Championship club which is self sustainable without breaking the budget has failed and again we find ourselves up :censored: creek.

Rather than sniping at the owners why dont we take stock of the real situation? The crumbling stadium, the unhelpful council, the dwindling fanbase, and the cold harsh reality that despite the late 80s and early 90s Oldham Athletic has always been and always will be a small club which has often punched above its weight.

How has Simon Corney :censored:ed the club up when it was already :censored:ed when he and the other bought it. He and the other 2 have :censored:ed up numerous promises, opportunities, managerial appointments etc while running the club but the club itself was :censored:ed to begin with when they took over.

Like it or not OAFC is not sustainable at this level without investment. Since TTA have taken over they have provided investment and we have seen a number of very good players come and go. Players we could not and never would have afforded without their investment. I have enjoyed the seasons that TTA have been in charge (apart from Penney) but I knew it wouldnt last for ever unless, we got a new ground which for various reasons isnt/hasnt materialised or a promotion. TTA experiment to create a Championship club which is self sustainable without breaking the budget has failed and again we find ourselves up :censored: creek.

Rather than sniping at the owners why dont we take stock of the real situation? The crumbling stadium, the unhelpful council, the dwindling fanbase, and the cold harsh reality that despite the late 80s and early 90s Oldham Athletic has always been and always will be a small club which has often punched above its weight.

Hurrah. Someone gets it.

Hurrah. Someone gets it.

I disagree. If we just went tits up, Simon Corney went on his way and that was that they would be no different from countless others who fancied running a football club, realised it's a non sustainable business model and then things went seriously awry. However, that is not going to be the case if all does go down the pan. They will end up with Boundary Park being built on - either by themselves or people they have sold the land to. It's their little compensation plan but where does that leave us? Nobody should be allowed to do what they are going to do. When we are out of business and Boundary Park is completely covered in a new housing estate will people still think "fair play" to SC and his two friends? If every club that has gone into administration over the last few years then had it's ground built on as some kind of pay back to the failed owners how many teams would be left going? I would think that all of those teams fans would have risen up in a fury. That wont happen with Latics, any such fury was knocked out or seeped out long ago. What I find most maddening is that this current situation has been written in the stars for a few years now but nobody knows/cares/realises.

Bleurgggh, I feel sick.

I disagree. If we just went tits up, Simon Corney went on his way and that was that they would be no different from countless others who fancied running a football club, realised it's a non sustainable business model and then things went seriously awry. However, that is not going to be the case if all does go down the pan. They will end up with Boundary Park being built on - either by themselves or people they have sold the land to. It's their little compensation plan but where does that leave us? Nobody should be allowed to do what they are going to do. When we are out of business and Boundary Park is completely covered in a new housing estate will people still think "fair play" to SC and his two friends? If every club that has gone into administration over the last few years then had it's ground built on as some kind of pay back to the failed owners how many teams would be left going? I would think that all of those teams fans would have risen up in a fury. That wont happen with Latics, any such fury was knocked out or seeped out long ago. What I find most maddening is that this current situation has been written in the stars for a few years now but nobody knows/cares/realises.

Bleurgggh, I feel sick.

What are tonights lottery numbers?

Hurrah. Someone gets it.

I see it differently. Here's what I reckon...

I don't think those three knew exactly what they were getting themselves into, they talked the talk and for a time & created the impression that we were going to be a club that could go places. We mustn't look at the fans (or lack of) as a factor in the clubs apparent demise. The dwindling fanbase is a by-product only.

Our benefactors bank-rolled the club for a limited time until it found its own success. Season upon season we have had none on the pitch, year on year for heaven knows how long; we have not even achieved mild Paint Pot Trophy success. Nothing. Zip. Nada. How long could the money keep being poured into a club that could neither create it's own fortune on the pitch, or in its commerce. Let's face it, there have been some questionable player/management decisions that could only have been made a chairman level. So who is to blame, ultimately?

The Chairman. The buck stops there.

He makes the decisions, he closes the deals, he either personally negotiates the clubs affairs or at least has a final say in the outcome.

I disagree. If we just went tits up, Simon Corney went on his way and that was that they would be no different from countless others who fancied running a football club, realised it's a non sustainable business model and then things went seriously awry. However, that is not going to be the case if all does go down the pan. They will end up with Boundary Park being built on - either by themselves or people they have sold the land to. It's their little compensation plan but where does that leave us?

Nobody should be allowed to do what they are going to do.

When we are out of business and Boundary Park is completely covered in a new housing estate will people still think "fair play" to SC and his two friends? If every club that has gone into administration over the last few years then had it's ground built on as some kind of pay back to the failed owners how many teams would be left going? I would think that all of those teams fans would have risen up in a fury.

That wont happen with Latics, any such fury was knocked out or seeped out long ago.

What I find most maddening is that this current situation has been written in the stars for a few years now but nobody knows/cares/realises.

Bleurgggh, I feel sick.

Spot on Shiny.

Derek.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

What a great post!

Hope we can hold on and stay up but maybe that's just delaying the obvious