Ince sacked - Martin allen appointed as Notts C Manager

Dear Latics, thank you once again for interrupting a terrible run of form on my birthday weekend. Of all the fantastic presents i've got today, making a total show of my family by jumping up in one of Liverpool's more touristy pubs and shouting "YES!" in response to the news that we got this little turd the sack has probably been the nicest.

Didn't he say when he took the Notts County job on that this was probably his last chance? So his managerial career might actually be over? :grin:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1000000

They were going on about introducing the equivalent of a rule they have in the NFL- so teams must interview someone from a minority group (if one applies).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9441854.stm

If your good enough, your good enough, no matter what bleeding colour, weight, eye sight, alien or whatever you are,

We really are seen as "and we even lost to Oldham" last straw aren;t we!

There must be some sort of record we have!

Prozac's the man for this, but what are the ocaisions our defeats has been the final straw?

I'll start this to com[pile a list, cannot remeber the details!

Paul Groves Grimbsy 04

Paul Ince Notts Co Apr 11

Prozac's the man for this, but what are the ocaisions our defeats has been the final straw?

Paul Groves Grimbsy 04

Paul Ince Notts Co Apr 11

Billy McEwen Sheff utd jan 1988 beat them 5-0 away

Prozac's the man for this, but what are the occaisions our defeats has been the final straw?

Paul Groves Grimbsy 04 Paul Ince Notts Co Apr 11

Paul Groves Grimbsy 04 Groves after 6-0 drubbing ion the free game

Paul Ince Notts Co Apr 11 Ince "Mutual consent"

Gary Megson Notts Forst 16 Feb 06 Megson sacked

Kenny Jacket Swansea Feb 07 Jackett's Swan's Off

If it's Feb and you lose to Oldham, I'd make a call to the PFA!

Edited by singe

Martin Allen has stunned Barnet after leaving for a job he said he could not refuse with Notts County - just three games after agreeing a contract until the end of the season.

The 37-year-old Allen, who led the Bees to seven points out of nine in his 19 days in charge, telephoned chairman Tony Kleanthous at 11.30 p.m. last night to tell him of his opportunity to join League 1 County. The pair met at midnight and talked until 3.30 a.m., with the chairman trying to persuade Allen to stay.

They met again this morning - "his mind was made up", said the chairman--and Allen spoke to the players before leaving. The chairman, too, spoke to players and coaching staff and it was agreed that no-one wanted more change.

Giuliano Grazioli,who gave up his job as Barnet's development officer to become Allen's assistant, was confirmed as caretaker manager, with help from Anwar Uddin as his assistant and the rest of the backroom staff, who are all committed to finishing the job at hand, namely Barnet FCs League 2 survival.

The chairman, who did all he could to persuade Allen to stay, refused to criticise him. He said: "Martin felt that he could keep Notts County in League 1 and that would then offer him the opportunity to challenge for Championship football next season. This is something I obviously could not match but I am disappointed by Notts County's behaviour in this regard, which is in contravention of football regulations, and we will seek advice as how to best deal with that."

Martin Allen has stunned Barnet after leaving for a job he said he could not refuse with Notts County - just three games after agreeing a contract until the end of the season.

The 37-year-old Allen, who led the Bees to seven points out of nine in his 19 days in charge, telephoned chairman Tony Kleanthous at 11.30 p.m. last night to tell him of his opportunity to join League 1 County. The pair met at midnight and talked until 3.30 a.m., with the chairman trying to persuade Allen to stay.

They met again this morning - "his mind was made up", said the chairman--and Allen spoke to the players before leaving. The chairman, too, spoke to players and coaching staff and it was agreed that no-one wanted more change.

Giuliano Grazioli,who gave up his job as Barnet's development officer to become Allen's assistant, was confirmed as caretaker manager, with help from Anwar Uddin as his assistant and the rest of the backroom staff, who are all committed to finishing the job at hand, namely Barnet FCs League 2 survival.

The chairman, who did all he could to persuade Allen to stay, refused to criticise him. He said: "Martin felt that he could keep Notts County in League 1 and that would then offer him the opportunity to challenge for Championship football next season. This is something I obviously could not match but I am disappointed by Notts County's behaviour in this regard, which is in contravention of football regulations, and we will seek advice as how to best deal with that."

LEts hope Barnet survive, the siege mentality sets in, and Notts County are relegated then.

Edited by singe

This may be the good news Burton Albion need, or maybe not. :unsure:

If your good enough, your good enough, no matter what bleeding colour, weight, eye sight, alien or whatever you are,

Absolutely. Clubs should be interviewing the best people for the job. It would be unlikely but what if we'd interviewed Ince at the expense of Dickov?

From the BBC article:

"Ince said it was "really hard to comprehend" that would-be managers could lose out on jobs because of their colour."

If he's speaking from experience he's deluded. He's losing out on jobs because he's useless.

I imagine it's the same type of interview he gave on talkSPORT, can't blame the guy at all for taking the security of an 18 month contract.

Yep. Hasn't workled for 8 months bar the odd five minutes on the radio. Trying to put one son through univeristy, other son just been released by Brentford. Bills to pay... Offered spectacular money and 18 month as opposed to one month on much less.

Who'd do differently?

Yep. Hasn't workled for 8 months bar the odd five minutes on the radio. Trying to put one son through univeristy, other son just been released by Brentford. Bills to pay... Offered spectacular money and 18 month as opposed to one month on much less.

Who'd do differently?

Can't blame him at all for taking the job but this is probably what has upset Barnet fans. They've given him a chance when no-one else would touch him with a bargepole, and from their point of view he's repaid them by leaving for a better offer before the ink's dried on his contract. Can't argue with his decision but you can understand Barnet thinking "you'd be trying to pay the bills without a job if it wasn't for us".

And the idea of going to Notts County for job security is a bit of an odd one.