SEASON TICKET AND ADMISSION PRICES ANNOUNCED

Most people are still working at 60 these days. I'd be pretty aggrieved if my dad (who has more money than me) got his ticket for half the price of mine (he's just turned 60). When he's a poor pensioner at 65 however, I won't mind so much.

The pricing should be means tested, Dickov out!

:grin:

Pensioners can make a few bob too it depends on how good their pension is. Perhaps those who have retired early (and therefore are pensioners) could do something like the students have to.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

I read somewhere that they expect the games to be roughly split into a 1/3 in each pricing category - so if you assume 8As, 8Bs and 7Cs, then that would work out at £433 pay on the day vs £460 if this season you attended 23 games at £20. So a slight saving on pay on the day?

On that basis I am a little surprised that the ST prices have gone up slightly if I recall what I paid last year.

Interesting.

I read somewhere that they expect the games to be roughly split into a 1/3 in each pricing category - so if you assume 8As, 8Bs and 7Cs, then that would work out at £433 pay on the day vs £460 if this season you attended 23 games at £20. So a slight saving on pay on the day?

On that basis I am a little surprised that the ST prices have gone up slightly if I recall what I paid last year.

Fairly sure my RRE season ticket is the same price as it was 2 seasons ago - i.e. not increased for VAT. I might be wrong.

Don't forget your example above doesn't take in to account the £2 advance purchase saving that would knock £46 off this season's prices - so it's maybe £433 v £414. I also suspect it will be more like 9-8-6 for A,B,C - but that's just conjecture on my part.

Whichever way, I think it's fair for Latics fans and will bleed a bit more money out of visiting supporters.

Shut yer moaning. With all the money we save you save on £14 entrances to the less appealing fixtures, you can surely spare £2 aye?

Personaly, I think it's a great idea, and to see the likes off PNE and Sheff U at Boundary Park, it'll be worth it.

That's quite depressing when you think about, not exactly the traditional glamour ties.. :disappointed:

Is unfortunately as good as it's going to get.

As a 28 year old going back to Uni that dosn't help me. I will be picking and choosing my games.

I've been struggling for the last 2 seasons, will you be living at Uni? To get to a home match from Sheffield it costs me in the region of £50 for example it was cheaper on Saturday at Notts

at Sheffield United it's £15 for every game if you provide an NUS card at the ticket office at Notts County you just showed it at the turnstyles, but Latics have said they don't trust NUS cards because they can apparantly be forged but what they don't realise is that in order to get a full NUS card you are given a student number and in order to attain this you have to officially enroll at a University

I think we'll find out shortly after the fixture list comes out.

I hope the club also reserves the right to change the catagory of certain games, if it turns out the club could generate extra revenue in doing so.

An unexpected increase in away fans coming to BP for example.

Macca, I can't see this being allowed to be honest. For example, Exeter is the type of side that would be classified as a Cat C game (Colchester/Brighton/Bournemouth would also fall into this bracket) - Now if the clubs are categorized at the start of the season, which they no doubt will be, were due to play one of these at say Easter time, or last game of the season and they are top of the league and flying they may bring an unusually large following up with them. It would be unfair on Latics fans by recategorizing the game to charge more just because more away fans are coming.

No doubt Latics have an expectation of how many fans are due to come from each team and budget accordingly. But a larger following than expected for Cat C would still bring more money in at £15 a ticket than we had anticipated.

Interesting.

Season tickets have been around the 330 mark since 2007/2008.

Last season there was two discount periods rather than just the one, meaning you could get them around 20-30 quid cheaper in the first discount period, with the 2nd discount period offering same prices as now.

Season tickets have been around the 330 mark since 2007/2008.

Last season there was two discount periods rather than just the one, meaning you could get them around 20-30 quid cheaper in the first discount period, with the 2nd discount period offering same prices as now.

They scrapped the first discount period due to the VAT rise that came in from 1 Jan this year. VAT went up to 20% from 17.5% which had not been incorporated into last years season ticket figures.

I would imagine most league games will be band A or B. Only ones which I could see being band C are League/FA Cup early ties, JPT ties or the odd night game in the league. Think Saturday games will almost certainly be band A or B

the bumf on the website refers to 1/3rd of games being £14

I've been struggling for the last 2 seasons, will you be living at Uni? To get to a home match from Sheffield it costs me in the region of £50 for example it was cheaper on Saturday at Notts

at Sheffield United it's £15 for every game if you provide an NUS card at the ticket office at Notts County you just showed it at the turnstyles, but Latics have said they don't trust NUS cards because they can apparantly be forged but what they don't realise is that in order to get a full NUS card you are given a student number and in order to attain this you have to officially enroll at a University

Not to mention the NUS post the card to your institution's Student Union address, pretty much foolproof BUT the aspect of being a student the club are worried about is people passing themselves off as full-time students when they are in fact part-time and working, yet still able to qualify for an NUS. When I emailed Alan, I provided him with a letter from my tutor and other proof such as my acceptance letter from Uni, enrolment details etc...

Not to mention the NUS post the card to your institution's Student Union address, pretty much foolproof BUT the aspect of being a student the club are worried about is people passing themselves off as full-time students when they are in fact part-time and working, yet still able to qualify for an NUS. When I emailed Alan, I provided him with a letter from my tutor and other proof such as my acceptance letter from Uni, enrolment details etc...

Last time I was at uni, I had a full-time student nus card. I was classed as a full time student, but was paid a not negligible wage by the nhs.

Looks better if you ask me they've removed the £2 surcharge for tickets bought on the day of the game and now there will be one price for each match.

The benifit of this is that the Club will no longer have to send an allocation of tickets for sale by the visiting club, and save the commission that is currently paid for selling them.

I have always said an offcial student card should be provided by the Football League itself, which is valid at every football league club to gain cheaper admission, atleast that way there is no excuse for the club not knowing the difference between a fake one. Maybe use the rule tickets have to be pre bought.

I just checked my bank statement for last year when I bought an adult and senior ticket for the Chaddy and it was cheaper that this year - but now I realise that is due to the VAT increase and the removal of the 1st discount period. Thanks for the responses.

Still not a bad deal I suppose - will take the 3 month interest free option as well if possible.

Macca, I can't see this being allowed to be honest. For example, Exeter is the type of side that would be classified as a Cat C game (Colchester/Brighton/Bournemouth would also fall into this bracket) - Now if the clubs are categorized at the start of the season, which they no doubt will be, were due to play one of these at say Easter time, or last game of the season and they are top of the league and flying they may bring an unusually large following up with them. It would be unfair on Latics fans by recategorizing the game to charge more just because more away fans are coming.

No doubt Latics have an expectation of how many fans are due to come from each team and budget accordingly. But a larger following than expected for Cat C would still bring more money in at £15 a ticket than we had anticipated.

Unfair or advantageous? It's near the end of April, we have a Cat C game coming up against a side looking for a win to clinch promotion. £15 please. Silly.

Goes the other way, we're looking to boost attendances but we have a Cat A game, could we not bring it down a level to encourage more fans to come?

I'm sure fans would be outraged if prices went up for a game but we're losing a lot of money, we need to maximise every opportunity to bring more funds in.

Last time I was at uni, I had a full-time student nus card. I was classed as a full time student, but was paid a not negligible wage by the nhs.

Quite a few people on my current course are probably paid in a similar way. Its not uncommon for fully qualified doctors or allied health care professionals to do a masters and be a F/T student but be getting a decent wage from the NHS.

However, I'm unclear about how much the student thing is about the money or if people doing a P/T degree (or other further qualification) is the reason why Latics have the student membership scheme they have. If it was about the money then what's stopping those over 65 from working, not to mention those earning a decent wage from their pension?

I don't agree with Latics' policy on student membership, just like some don't agree on their policy for OAPs, however, I can see why they do it.

Unfair or advantageous? It's near the end of April, we have a Cat C game coming up against a side looking for a win to clinch promotion. £15 please. Silly.

Goes the other way, we're looking to boost attendances but we have a Cat A game, could we not bring it down a level to encourage more fans to come?

I'm sure fans would be outraged if prices went up for a game but we're losing a lot of money, we need to maximise every opportunity to bring more funds in.

it does say catagories are subject to change

I have always said an offcial student card should be provided by the Football League itself, which is valid at every football league club to gain cheaper admission, at least that way there is no excuse for the club not knowing the difference between a fake one. Maybe use the rule tickets have to be pre bought.

my point before being that to have an official University NUS card you are given a student number and the University logo on when you officially enroll so they are much more difficult to forge than what they used to be

But most clubs that do official student admission (NUS Card) tend to be in towns/cities which have or are close to Universities i.e Sheff Utd, Notts County, Stockport and Huddersfield

back onto the topic of categorising I agree that Category C games will be JPT and League Cup games, Latics could also introduce Category A* if say we draw a big team in the FA Cup, like what Papa Smurf did when Leeds were at home to Arsenal this season

I miss too many home games (around 5 or 6 per season) so the ST price at £303 isn't great value for me, so I just pay on the day.

But I am glad to see the category games approach. I don't mind to pay £22 when we're playing good, local opposition which usually comes with a more enjoyable atmosphere. Paying around £20 to see us take on the likes of Brentford [again], Swindon [again], Bristol Rovers [again], Colchester [again] etc etc is the only think I grumble at to be honest. Paying £14 against those sort of teams is completely fine by me, I welcome it.

I think the club have done what they can, and actually thought of the fans where ST's are concerned. £13.77 per game is decent value, something I'd definitely buy if I'd only miss one or two games maximum.

Not really, as I was at Newcastle uni and that was nearly 5 years ago!

still use my NUS and its double figures in its age!!!!

might be the only thing ive ever looked after!

'this is an old NUS'

'cant be that old look at its condition'

'im sure you said that to me four years ago?'

'i did'

'haha in you go grandad'