3. 3. Andy Todd

4. 4. Reuben Hazell

5. 5. Ritchie Jones

6. 6. Deane Smalley

7. 7. Warren Feeney

8. 8. Neal Trotman

9. 9. Aidy White

10. 10. Chris Taylor

• Keep (even if it mean using the budget of another player)
    • Sell

Next week the players will know who is going to be kept or released, not sure when we will know.

Anyway, in the style of Hot or Not, who should we keep or release?

Of course, these are the most contentious or most at risk.

Clearly some could be loaned out for simplicity, this is hot or not, so only a few choices.

There is a limit to the number of questions, so not all players are on this thread.

I am thinking of football performances thoughout the season, contribution to the team, the injury record etc. and budget of course.

Edited by singe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't sell Smalley unless we offer him a new contract first. Not necessarily our decision on keeping White and Trotman (but if they were amenable to another loan spell, I wouldn't bother with either).

I'd like to get rid of Feeney but as he's under contract releasing him would be expensive.

I would keep Brill, Morais, Hazell, Smalley, Taylor of that list.

I'd try and get rid of Jones, Feeney. White isn't ours and neither is Trotman and I wouldn't be trying to sign them up.

That said if we get decent bids for any of our players then we have to sell them. It's the only sensible thing to do right now.

Can't sell Smalley unless we offer him a new contract first. Not necessarily our decision on keeping White and Trotman (but if they were amenable to another loan spell, I wouldn't bother with either).

I'd like to get rid of Feeney but as he's under contract releasing him would be expensive.

Someone will come in for Feeney, we won't need to release him.

For us to succeed next season we need to keep Taylor and Morais as both can create things, can score and are our main sources of excitement and threat at the moment so will retain bums on seats.

As our budget will/should reflect the retention of both, I'd dump the fringe players and opt not to offer new contracts so that we bring in players to build around the nucleus of our current strength.

The nucleus should be -

GK

Lee - M'Voto - Tarkowski - Black or Evina

Morais - Furman - CM - Taylor

CF - Brooke

I'd renew Brill if he seriously drops his current wage because he should be back-up. The youth players I'd keep but seek to offload the other contracted players and use the Stephens income to fund along with what remaining budget we have.

Feeney will be our millstone unless we seriously persevere with him with the hope he comes good i.e. play him continuously in the pre-season friendlies to build his confidence and Reid if he remains.

If we can retain Tonk on loan then I think he'll come good even if he's a problem for the opposition up front allowing the partner to score the goals.

Next week the players will know who is going to be kept or released,not sure when we will kmow.

Anyway, in the style of Hot or Not, who shoudl we keep or release?

Of course, these are the most contentious or most at risk.

Clearly some could be loaned out for simplicity this is hot or not, so only a few choices.

There is a limit to the number of questions, so not all players are ont his thread.

I am thinking of football performances thoughout the season, contribution to the team, the injury record etc.

I love your polls.

:blush:

Hmm.

Dean Brill - keep providing he doesn't break the bank

Josh Ollerenshaw - release; not done enough to justify a deal

Paul Gerrard - to retire? otherwise cheap backup

Andy Todd - release; not done enough to justify a deal

Reuben Hazell - release providing we can find a replacement

Kieran Lee - keep

Paul Black - keep

James Tarkowski - keep; been offered a deal

Mathew Carr - keep; been offered a deal

Rod McDonald - release; not done enough to justify a deal

Cedric Evina - keep providing he doesn't break the bank

Carl Winchester - keep and offer a contract

Ritchie Jones - tough one; I'd release if we can find a replacement

Dean Furman - keep

Lewis Alessandra - release; tough one but we need to be ruthless

Chris Taylor - keep if we can

Dale Stephens - probably already gone

Kirk Millar - keep but make it clear he needs to break into the team

Filipe Morais - keep

Phil McGrath - release, unless we're struggling to make up numbers

Connor Hughes - keep; been offered a deal

David Mellor - keep

Ryan Burns - dunno; any takers?

Deane Smalley - release; hasn't proved he can cut it at this level

Reuben Reid - keep providing he doesn't break the bank

Warren Feeney - offload on a free somewhere

Ryan Brooke - keep but make it clear it's his last chance

Djeny Bembo-Leta - keep

ooo, that's handy...

Dean Brill - release

Josh Ollerenshaw - release

Paul Gerrard - backup

Andy Todd - release; past it

Reuben Hazell - keep, providing wages are reasonable

Kieran Lee - sell

Paul Black - keep

James Tarkowski - keep

Mathew Carr - keep

Rod McDonald - release

Cedric Evina - keep, providing wages are our youngster level rather than Arsenal's

Carl Winchester - keep

Ritchie Jones - release

Dean Furman - sell

Lewis Alessandra - release

Chris Taylor - sell

Dale Stephens - sold

Kirk Millar - keep

Filipe Morais - keep

Phil McGrath - keep

Connor Hughes - keep

David Mellor - keep (him off radio 5?)

Ryan Burns - dunno

Deane Smalley - release

Reuben Reid - release

Warren Feeney - no option but to keep

Ryan Brooke - keep

Djeny Bembo-Leta - keep

Dean Brill - Keep, if he's cheap, if not i'd release, needs another good keeper for competition

Josh Ollerenshaw - Release, I believe he has already been told he's going due to the Facebook comments?

Paul Gerrard - Keep as Coach, good back-up for injuries

Andy Todd - Past it, no need to keep him with new defenders coming through, coaching role may be an option

Reuben Hazell - Keep, seems to be able to lead the defense and help any player settle, although he does f*ck up alot

Kieran Lee - Keep in an ideal world, will be alot of interest from elsewhere though, if the price is right and it can be re-invested into the team, sell

Paul Black - Keep, can provide good back-up providing Evina is still here, good competion for Left-Back

James Tarkowski - Keep, first games in the first team have been telling and he's going to be a star in the coming years

Mathew Carr - Keep, can't see youth being released anyway, will feature in pre-season heavily

Rod McDonald - Release, no point in keeping players who are just going to end up on loan

Cedric Evina - Keep, sounds like the lad enjoys his time here, should be easy to pursuade

Carl Winchester - Keep, after todays performance he shows ALOT of talent, pre-season will be critical in determining if he will be first team next season

Ritchie Jones - Release, too much of a trouble causer it seems, don't need that influence on the lads coming through

Dean Furman - Keep, I think its vital we keep Furman, the main midfield man and next years captain

Lewis Alessandra - Keep, I like Lewi, he's a good talent but has never been given a proper chance, if he goes i think we can expect him at Chesterfield

Chris Taylor - Keep, hope Taylor stays with us, will lead our Team next season, him or Furman for captain!

Dale Stephens - Sell/Sold, not desperate to keep him in my eyes, not missed him THAT much

Kirk Millar - Keep, not seen much of Kirk this season which is a shame, if Taylor is sold he could take his place I think

Filipe Morais - Keep, shows real talent, I think he wants to stay aswell according to Twitter so defiantly get him signed up!

Phil McGrath - Keep, not seen him, suppost to be a talent?

Connor Hughes - Keep, again not seen him

David Mellor - Keep, but never even heard of him..

Ryan Burns - Keep, young talent

Deane Smalley - Release but hold out for as much compensation as we can

Reuben Reid - Release, i'm sure theres better talent out there

Warren Feeney - Sell, offer him to clubs, won't be too disappointed if he was to stay for another year though

Ryan Brooke - Keep, if Royle is right, this boy has a future

Djeny Bembo-Leta - Keep, looked good at the start of the season, was unlucky to get a training ground injury

Hmm.

Kieran Lee - keep

Paul Black - keep

Dean Furman - keep

Filipe Morais - keep

David Mellor - keep

Djeny Bembo-Leta - keep

You call for ruthlessness but decide to keep Brill

:lol:

Dean Brill - keep, and sign a young prem/championship loanee. Yes I know Amos didn't really work out.

Josh Ollerenshaw - bye bye

Paul Gerrard - coach only

Andy Todd - thank you, goodnoght

Reuben Hazell - offer 1 year on reeuced wages

Kieran Lee - keep, though be willing to accept £250,000 +

Paul Black - keep

James Tarkowski - keep

Mathew Carr - don't know enough about him

Rod McDonald - release

Cedric Evina - keep

Carl Winchester - keep

Ritchie Jones - great promise, but has been a let down, release

Dean Furman - keep, though be willing to accept £350,000 +

Lewis Alessandra - release -what a shame, has showed great promise, but never delivered consistently

Chris Taylor - keep, though be willing to accept £350,000 +

Dale Stephens - reinvest some of the money

Kirk Millar - keep

Filipe Morais - keep

Phil McGrath - don't know enough about him

Connor Hughes - don't know enough about him

David Mellor - don't know enough about him

Ryan Burns - don't know enough about him

Deane Smalley - keep

Reuben Reid - offer him a 6 month contract, time to prove himself. he looks good in glimpses, be worth keeping and giving him a chance IMO

Warren Feeney - what a complete let down, please sell him, loan him,pay him off or by him a one way ticket to Belfast.He'll probably be one of those who comes back to haunt us though, with at least one goal.

Ryan Brooke - keep

Djeny Bembo-Leta - keep

Loanees

Aidy White - get hiom back til Christmas, he'll come good.

Jason Lowe - try and get him on a full season loan

Tonks - sadly, no, tries his heart out, but won't make a pro IMO, but I sadi that about Calvin Zola, similar type of player, and he's still playing 6 or 7 years on.

M'Voto - yes please, more people to sign up to playershare, to help to pay his and Cedric's wages.

Pretty sure that Philip Morris, who I do love, is gone at the end of the year. Which doesn't surprise because he's shown flashes of "x factor" that would make scouts sit up and take note.

Also I am under the impression that Taylor may go too.

On the plus side, I think Alessandra has done enough to warrant a deal; I like the balance we have when he plays because he holds the ball up and allows those around him to run off their markers. Massive improvement on previous years too, which should be rewarded.

Pretty sure that Philip Morris, who I do love, is gone at the end of the year. Which doesn't surprise because he's shown flashes of "x factor" that would make scouts sit up and take note.

Also I am under the impression that Taylor may go too.

On the plus side, I think Alessandra has done enough to warrant a deal; I like the balance we have when he plays because he holds the ball up and allows those around him to run off their markers. Massive improvement on previous years too, which should be rewarded.

Morais confirmed his wish to stay with us on Twitter, so its over to the club to get in and offer him a deal

Hmm.

Kieran Lee - keep

Paul Black - keep

Dean Furman - keep

Filipe Morais - keep

David Mellor - keep

Djeny Bembo-Leta - keep

ryan brooke is toss get rid with lewis,take a chance with some lower young player some new blood,they have had there chance for to long

Of those players in the poll, I'd only keep Morais and Taylor, given a choice, unfortunately our current finances and minimal budget for next season will be the dictating factors.

Anybody worth selling may have to be sold to be replaced with cheap bargain basement replacements who are just scrapeing round for a club any club.

it defies belief that people are suggesting releasing lewi and having brooke leading the line. i more than most have backed brookey up b/c i saw something at youth level and was very unlucky with the pre-season injury but its clear everytime the lad comes on that he will struggle to cut it at this level, barring his 2 goals over a 2yr period i can't remember an impact he has made on me. it is a shame as saw his stunner at st james' park in the youth cup and thought we had a star. lewis is our potential star but has been very badly managed. he was key to the quality of football both in the first 15games under shezza alongside hughes and this season in the unfamiliar left side midfield role, yet on both occassions the lad has been replaced by loanees that have over time helped to ruin a promising season. just look back to our goal of the season and watch how key lewis' (and bembos) movement and passing was. i still believe he will be a key man if given a real run in the team.

As I posted earlier Lewi has talent but we are now on several managers who overlook him regularly. Begs the question why? Rumours re poor training may or may not be correct but he is hardly rolled up sleeves and made a big impact. Brooke according to Joe who I trust more than us lot is the best natural finisher. His injury worse than many and confidence fitness only just returning. Its a tough one re Lewi....

Yep, he's not getting in the team. He could be Pele and it wouldn't matter if all he's doing is warming the bench.

The problem with Alice is he's very skillful, but he doesn't fit anywhere on the pitch. Too small for a striker, too slow for a winger, doesn't put himself about enough for a central midfielder (the only position I think he could do a job at all). Maybe he could start a travelling halftime ball juggling show?

It is the hardest of all the decisions, but I think we all know in our heart of hearts what the answer is.