Summer 'Transfer Watch' 2011

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's old as hell, but I guess if he wants to get into coaching we could give him a player/coaching role, which might help save on the wages too.

Interestingly; he was watching our Youth team play Sheffield Wednesday Youths in the cup the season just gone. Was with another lad; who looked a similar age to him; and sat the row in front of Furman, Morais & Paul Black.....so I put 2 + 2 together and guessed he watching the son of one of his mates play? But, might have been sussing us out with a view to moving into coaching the youth side??

At 39 i’d worry about fitness for an outfield player; but his experience and leadership wouldn’t go amiss would it? A plausible link / target i’d say.....

Interestingly; he was watching our Youth team play Sheffield Wednesday Youths in the cup the season just gone. Was with another lad; who looked a similar age to him; and sat the row in front of Furman, Morais & Paul Black.....so I put 2 + 2 together and guessed he watching the son of one of his mates play? But, might have been sussing us out with a view to moving into coaching the youth side??

At 39 i'd worry about fitness for an outfield player; but his experience and leadership wouldn't go amiss would it? A plausible link / target i'd say.....

36 appearances in the Championship last season says that his fitness shouldn't be an issue on the whole. Obviously he would be more at risk to a season ending injury but you can insure against that financially.

Bolton strongly linked with a move for ‘Boro’s Seb Hines!! :shock:

TBH i’d have him on a top ten list of poorest loanees during the time I’ve watched us – I thought he was that bad a player. Looked lightweight, nervous, poor with the ball at his feet, indecisive, didn’t know where to put himself / position himself.............from what I saw; a swift drop down the leagues & out the back door beckoned – and now he’s being linked with a move to the Prem!! Ha; shows what i know eh? :wink:

Edited by slystallone

Sounds like it , the County fan at work says its all very dodgy and no one knows where the moneys coming from or whos in charge

i understand the guy who's bought them has close links with the guy who ruined chester city and has a history of failed businesses

+ frankly, Brighton are as big a club as Leicester

Three league one championships and an FA Cup runners up position

v

One prem, six championship, one league one, four FA Cup runners up positions, three league cups

Nah!

what, just like last season? and the season before that? and the one before that?

I don't think so - Rhodes, Ward and Mcdermott are good players, the rest just your average league one - Kay, Mcombe, Lee, Roberts.

I love all the hype they as a club and their fans give them every year and oh how great a side they were last year that we took 4 points off them and in reality never looked like losing against them in either game; we gave as good as we got in the away match and smashed them to bits football-wise at BP

At the end of the day did their 6mill a year budget get them up? NO it didn't

BRING EM ON!!

Edited by shefflatic

what, just like last season? and the season before that? and the one before that?

I don't think so - Rhodes, Ward and Mcdermott are good players, the rest just your average league one - Kay, Mcombe, Lee, Roberts.

I love all the hype they as a club and their fans give them every year and oh how great a side they were last year that we took 4 points off them and in reality never looked like losing against them in either game; we gave as good as we got in the away match and smashed them to bits football-wise at BP

At the end of the day did their 6mill a year budget get them up? NO it didn't

BRING EM ON!!

/\ This

I’m always interested in just how they are going to ‘piss this league’. Yes they spent a huge amount last season; and have already spent again this pre-season BUT – look where it go them last season? They didn’t go up did they; and they certainly didn’t piss the league. Reaching the play-offs should be seen as an achievement for most sides; but should it be that for a side who went out and bought 2 players for £500K each; signed Gudjonsson & Bennett on mega-wage deals; got loan players in from Prem clubs, pushed the boats out big time for outright promotion and failed to do that? I’d say no.

I’ll put something out there – after last season’s failure to go up; after spending huge amounts of money last season & this one; Lee Clark will be out of a job in Jan if they aren’t top 2 and already have a decent gap to 3rd place.....their chairman can bleet all he wants about loyalty etc; but its a results driven business and if his manager still cant get them out of the division even after massive investment; said manager will be gone IMO.

For the record; I don’t think they’ll go up this season either..........and that will be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet wont it?

Throwing money at it at this level rarely works. How long did it take wigan, bristol city, sheff wednesday(twice now) and leeds etc to buy their way out of this league?

But surely the fact they got out of the league (Wednesday currently excepted) is proof that the strategy is generally successful?

Anyway in other news Parker didn't make the grade at PNE - life's full of surprises, that's not one of them.