PFA Transfer list

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would only have Kingson as a back up (world cup quarter final appearance, played most of the second half of the last premier league season) but would happily take Coid, a man who makes Rob Purdie look durable?

Ok.

I'll accept that the office coffee may have affected my grey matter somewhat with Coid, but I still think he's worth a punt. As already said, I just happen to rate Rachubka higher than Kingson. He may have Prem experience, but it doesn't mean he's top drawer. Gomes? Enkelmen (or however you spell it) when he was at Villa?

Opinions. Makes a message board what it is.

I'll accept that the office coffee may have affected my grey matter somewhat with Coid, but I still think he's worth a punt. As already said, I just happen to rate Rachubka higher than Kingson. He may have Prem experience, but it doesn't mean he's top drawer. Gomes? Enkelmen (or however you spell it) when he was at Villa?

Opinions. Makes a message board what it is.

so you wouldnt have Champions League Quarter finalist Gomes in a Latics shirt ?

Good to see you've given Spongebob another season in charge.

Relegation this season. :wink:

His ‘Late Kick-off’ appearance was one of the worst media appearances I have ever seen.

I’m sure he’s a lovely guy, but OMG; he was shocking in his sound-bites, opinions & voicing his thoughts on the weeks action. He inspired 0% confidence in me in terms of him having the motivation abilities & man management to lead a U-9’s team let alone a League 1 team.

If i was a Tramps fan – as nice a bloke as he may be; I’d want him nowhere near the dugout in any form of management role.

As for the Richard Kingston as back-up – well; aside from the fact he wouldn’t come to L1 as back-up & he did pretty darn well in the Prem in a large number of starts whilst Gilks was out injured so I think its safe to say he’ll be playing higher than our level, we’d never in a month of Sundays be able to afford his wages anyway.

1 from that list that jumps out at me is Rob Edwards. Cracking CB; and if we could a.) afford him & b.) convince him to drop to L1; he’d be a stellar signing for us. Shame we’ll be able to do neither of the previous. If most of those don’t get fixed up with Championship sides at the least i’ll be amazed.

Towards the end of last season Akins started to show what he can do. His first goal against Exeter was the best of his career, maybe you can get a sense of how good it was. But yeah if it wasnt for Parry, he would probably be playing for a non league side like Solihul Moors. Cant be much good if your playing for them can you.

As for Parry, he go what he deserved. A one year contract is hardly a sign from the chairman that he believes in him, just that he cant be arsed getting off his fat arse to find someone else. Im sure he will have us playing depressing football once again, but finish comfortbaly above the relegation places, meaning that the seasonw as a success.

Towards the end of last season Akins started to show what he can do. His first goal against Exeter was the best of his career, maybe you can get a sense of how good it was. But yeah if it wasnt for Parry, he would probably be playing for a non league side like Solihul Moors. Cant be much good if your playing for them can you.As for Parry, he go what he deserved. A one year contract is hardly a sign from the chairman that he believes in him, just that he cant be arsed getting off his fat arse to find someone else. Im sure he will have us playing depressing football once again, but finish comfortbaly above the relegation places, meaning that the seasonw as a success.

what a delightful new addition to our board you are. welcome :wink:

Edited by slystallone

Towards the end of last season Akins started to show what he can do. His first goal against Exeter was the best of his career, maybe you can get a sense of how good it was. But yeah if it wasnt for Parry, he would probably be playing for a non league side like Solihul Moors. Cant be much good if your playing for them can you.

As for Parry, he go what he deserved. A one year contract is hardly a sign from the chairman that he believes in him, just that he cant be arsed getting off his fat arse to find someone else. Im sure he will have us playing depressing football once again, but finish comfortbaly above the relegation places, meaning that the seasonw as a success.

Cue ex Solihull striker now at Latics to score a hat trick at Tranmere next season :grin:

Cue ex Solihull striker now at Latics to score a hat trick at Tranmere next season :grin:

wouldnt that be nice eh?

had a look through the PFA list; stopped at "O" to be honest; but amazed at just how many there are on there - if PD & the club a savvy with the limited budget; we could pick 3 or 4 quality additions that would really add to the current side.

Just picked out these as ones that caught my eye on my way from “A” to “O”......

From the ‘seasoned pro’ bracket:

Andy Frampton

Shane Higgs

Richard Naylor

Lee Carley

Martin Devaney

Rob Edwards

Young(ish) mid age bracket:

Jeff Hughes

Jonathan Douglas

Gareth Evans

Leon McSweeney

Ashley Grimes

Chris Hogg

Andy Barcham

Jason Brown

Owain Fon Williams

Fair few youngsters released from Prem clubs too:

Heard these lads mentioned over the last few seasons in the ‘got a chance / next one to break through’ type stuff; without seeing them do so; potential clearly there – so an extended pre-season trial to try & earn a contract?

Harry Forrester

Thomas Cruise

Gerard Kinsella

Troy Brown (Championship side; not Prem for him albeit)

There’s loads of players out there – guess we’ll see over the coming weeks who PD has on his radar & what our budget will allow us to do eh?

so you wouldnt have Champions League Quarter finalist Gomes in a Latics shirt ?

That's not what I'm saying, Razza. Of course, I'd take just about any Prem keeper in a Latics shirt. What I'm getting at is that playing in the Prem, for however long or short a time, doesn't necessarily mean you're world class. How many other (Prem) clubs would want to fall over themselves to drag Almunia or Fabianski away from Arsenal as an example?

Maybe I can make my point clearer this way. If we were able to have both Rachubka and Kingson on our books (hypothetical, I know, we're in fantacy land here), I'd pick Rachubka ahead of Kingson.

Like Mr Stallone says, there's some real quality out there, in all positions, looking for a club. I'll have a look at P-Z later, if no-one beats me to it.

The problem is we are after a goalscorer and they are like gold dust and everyone wants them, we know we are going to get at least 1 keeper, hopefully M'voto, a midfielder if Dale leaves and 1 more striker

I think a lot will depend on who signs deals out of those who have been offered them

I wouldn't mind Shane Higgs perhaps as the keeper, Jeff Hughes would be a great signing as well, i think we will go down the youngster route though due to wage restrictions and i would expect 5/6 players and no more than that at most, its key not to upset the balance of the side and build a strong nucleus and get the right personality not just the right player, adding a few winners would be a start people who have been there and done it on this league and know what it takes to get out of it, consolidate in it

KTF

Edited by laticdickovarmy