Smalley gone!

Nver realised his potential here, never really wanted it - good luck to him found his level I think

Signs for Oxford

Telling that Shez didn't move Heaven and Earth despite his 12 in 24...

good luck Dean ,

Agree with your sentiments though he looks happy just to settle for league 2

Plus Oxford is a much nicer player than Oldham..

Best of luck to the lad, like you said, he found his level.

too many fans here automatically thought he was the answer to all our striking problems just because he banged in a few in league 2, as they did with ogrady.

dont want to open up the whole O Grady can of worms but that situation was totally different

O Grady barely got a chance to prove himself at Latics then moved on and bangs in 30 in 2 seasons

Smalley has had plenty of chances but never quite reached the mark but did ok at another club

Not a surprise to see him go elsewhere and not a great disappointment either.

He's shown this season that League 2 is probably his level.

/\ This

I felt right away that the offer to DS from us wasa token one; merely (& sensibly) to make sure we recieved compo for him - it would have been quite interesting to see what would have happened if he'd have called the clubs bluff and signed on again for us!

Fair play to the lad; from the other thread on him; its a pretty obvious choice to make for the lad - chance to shine again in the lower league; with the added bonus of a 2 year deal on higher wages - not a hard decision to make really. A tad surprised its not Chesterfield he's off to; but he'll most likely do pretty well for Oxford next year; at a level he's already shown appears to be the level he's fit for.

I wish him no ills; and all the best. Had talent; never fulfilled on it for us - a shame but thats football sometimes isnt it?

all the best DeanE (!!)

Edited by slystallone

Smalley not spireite

Chesterfield fans not happy :grin:

they obviously didnt offer him enough or long enough then...

glad he has got fixed up and found his level...never really pushed on in the last 3 years,happy to just plod along,maybe his doing well out on loan has made him realise he can do it and now wants to be at it again,but starting off at the bottom again and building up...

good luck Dean ,

Agree with your sentiments though he looks happy just to settle for league 2

Plus Oxford is a much nicer player than Oldham..

the worst housing estate ive ever been on was in Oxford, and ive been up and down the country with work many times

but good luck Deane

Edited by creepy

Good luck Deane.

But after 119 games and 11 goals (or 77 starts and 10 goals) a good spell in a lower division was never going to convince me you could still cut it at Boundary Park. Wish him all the best at his new club.

Edited by Crusoe

What will we be getting in the way of Compo? Can't be that much but it all adds up...

Oh, and good luck Deane. I reckon if Oxford carry on making ambitious signings they could be joining us next Season, and we won't have the only three sided :censored: tip in the League! (There ground is quite nice actually, It'd be a nice away game).

We won't get that much in the way of compo. 50k?

Sure he scored, but he scored whilst cast out on loan, the tribunal look at things like that. They'll look into his situation, find out he was a reject and give us compensation based on what he was worth to us. Which was very little by way of the fact Dickov didn't seem to rate him.

I wouldn't have minded him having a last chance in our team, as a striker but I'm not bothered that he's gone either. Has he found his level? I don't usually go in for those excuses but we'll see. He's suffered from a fair few injuries whilst he was here too. At the end of the day we're getting a bit of money for a guy who was a reject in January, let's put that to securing Morais' signature and all will be well with the world. :wink:

Doubt even that. Maybe five or ten grand tops. Out of contract, clearly not a first choice player, it'll reflect compensation for his training costs and that's about it.

What will we be getting in the way of Compo? Can't be that much but it all adds up...

Oh, and good luck Deane. I reckon if Oxford carry on making ambitious signings they could be joining us next Season, and we won't have the only three sided :censored: tip in the League! (There ground is quite nice actually, It'd be a nice away game).

Decent ground, but in the arse-end of nowhere (see Chester/Wycombe).

Then again, I think I'm the only person who thought Swindon was a great awayday.

Sure he scored, but he scored whilst cast out on loan, the tribunal look at things like that. They'll look into his situation, find out he was a reject and give us compensation based on what he was worth to us. Which was very little by way of the fact Dickov didn't seem to rate him.

I wouldn't have minded him having a last chance in our team, as a striker but I'm not bothered that he's gone either. Has he found his level? I don't usually go in for those excuses but we'll see. He's suffered from a fair few injuries whilst he was here too. At the end of the day we're getting a bit of money for a guy who was a reject in January, let's put that to securing Morais' signature and all will be well with the world. :wink:

Don't know if I read it right but I thought we had agreed a fee with Oxford so that it won't come down to a tribunal. I'd have guessed £30K and 20% of any future fee and i'd be happy with that. on another point the Chesterfield fans site seems to be saying Davies has gone which if he has I've missed. Anyone know where he has gone to?