Smalley gone!

aye thats the one, the worst ive ever seen

According to my Dad, who worked in Oxford in the 70s, its very similar to Langley as its a post-war overflow council estate. It was part of my Mum's patch as a trainee GP at the same time, so she might have some tales about how bad it is. But almost everywhere "posh" has a not nice area which is comparable to a lot of stuff around Oldham.

Plus although rumour has it Deane was offered twice more money at Oxford than anywhere else his money won't go twice as far.

According to my Dad, who worked in Oxford in the 70s, its very similar to Langley as its a post-war overflow council estate. It was part of my Mum's patch as a trainee GP at the same time, so she might have some tales about how bad it is. But almost everywhere "posh" has a not nice area which is comparable to a lot of stuff around Oldham.

Plus although rumour has it Deane was offered twice more money at Oxford than anywhere else his money won't go twice as far.

If memory serves, the Blackbird estate is up the Cowley road from the centre of Oxford, the Cowley road is a bit, er, boho even if I hate that term. Tis true that a lot of towns and cities have these sink estates near by that have developed downwards since the planners put them there.

I suspect Dickov's comments were all part of that plan. "Yeah, I don't see him ever starting in this team again, but we don't want to lose out so we'll be offering him a deal," would be honest, but not really playing the game.

Not the choice I'd have made in Smalley's shoes. But I suppose it depends whether money or playing at the highest possible level matters most to you. Good luck to him. At least he won't be coming back to haunt us (this season).

from Twitter

deanesmalley88 Deane Smalley

A massive thank u to the fans, players, staff and everyone involved @ OAFC and @ CFC for the fantastic time I have had @ both clubs.

Fair play to Deane for that especially considering some of the stick he got (especially when he missed an abssolute sitter early on in his latics career).

Fair play to Deane for that especially considering some of the stick he got (especially when he missed an abssolute sitter early on in his latics career).

I bet he'll get boo'd on his return by some plebs though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...