Who's the striker then?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so porter wasnt a finiser ?

Sorry, forgot him. Hughes was more recent and I have fond memories of the Beckett period...probably more to do with that decent Carlotti shirt for our anniversary.

My memory isn't as good as it used to be!

If it is McDonald then I hope we haven't screwed up again by announcing this early.

This lad looks superb - pace, control, finishing. Can he be the one to break the curse of Oldham Athletic being the striker's graveyard? We've been crying out for a finisher since Hughes and before him Beckett.

Gravy

For someone small and quick he scores an impressive amount of headers.

Would love it if the OS was spot on about this but somehow I don't see us being his best option. :(

If Dickov is due back off his jollies any time soon, they could simply be waiting for a photo opportunity. They may already have his signature. If not a box of Wet Ones could be useful for the egg on their faces, or for the apprentice Colombo’s on here, who have, by and large, done a decent job. Colombo always nailed his man, didn’t he???

Im confused. The link to the Norwich messageboard said Bournemouth were hoping ot get him for £200,000, to which the Norwich fans replied saying it was a bit low. I read somewhere Charlton had offered £500,000 for him. We havn't been able to pay the players/staff the last few months. How the hell are we going to afford him? :blink:

Im confused. The link to the Norwich messageboard said Bournemouth were hoping ot get him for £200,000, to which the Norwich fans replied saying it was a bit low. I read somewhere Charlton had offered £500,000 for him. We havn't been able to pay the players/staff the last few months. How the hell are we going to afford him? :blink:

Bournemouth haven't made an offer, that was just a rumour made up by some of their fans. I dunno how much Charlton bid but it's clear Norwich fans still rate Cody so if by some miracle we do get him it'll most likely be a loan deal I reckons.

Perhaps Norwich signing several new strikers points in right direction. Cody might fancy working with Dickov? Not likely on cost but you never know perhaps its one of those magic moments. DUE ONE lol.... ANY player with 90+ in 165 is worth looking at.... IF its not a done deal???? well we will never learn?

If as mentioned earlier its a we tried moment? sick.... ARE we using some Stephens money? Is it a Stephens to Norwich moment + cash????

Hopefully not a Paul Moulden look! :D

Perhaps Norwich signing several new strikers points in right direction. Cody might fancy working with Dickov? Not likely on cost but you never know perhaps its one of those magic moments. DUE ONE lol.... ANY player with 90+ in 165 is worth looking at.... IF its not a done deal???? well we will never learn?

If as mentioned earlier its a we tried moment? sick.... ARE we using some Stephens money? Is it a Stephens to Norwich moment + cash????

It's amazing with such a strike rate this guy never played higher;

http://www.welsh-premier.com/player_detail_solo.php?player_id=458

Edited by BP1960

It's amazing with such a strike rate this guy never played higher;

http://www.welsh-pre...p?player_id=458

Not necessarily. There are lots of superb non-league strikers who never made it in the league, for many reasons. I remember a striker called Chris Boothe - about ten years ago - who was utterly unstoppable. Never played above Conference level. Maybe through choice (he had a job with the BBC), maybe through clubs not thinking he could step up.

I would be fascinated to hear how many top non-league players actually want to go pro.