Who's the striker then?

lol joins a long list of Chris Killen, Sean McCarthy (ok but prolific before playing at latics), Brett Ormerod, David Currie, Daniel Nardiello, Warren Feeney, Michael Ricketts, Alan Smart, Ben Burgess, Darren Byfield, Gerry Crainey, Ray Treacy how many goals between them .... insert random 50 other names who have failed at BP as a striker...or carried the burden of a reputation.

Many of the players mentioned HB weren't 100% fit when at Latics and some others were past it, what we are looking at now is young player on top of his game, If PD signs McDonald or someone similar I will be highly delighted.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol joins a long list of Chris Killen, Sean McCarthy (ok but prolific before playing at latics), Brett Ormerod, David Currie, Daniel Nardiello, Warren Feeney, Michael Ricketts, Alan Smart, Ben Burgess, Darren Byfield, Gerry Crainey, Ray Treacy how many goals between them .... insert random 50 other names who have failed at BP as a striker...or carried the burden of a reputation.

Bit harsh on Nardiello considering he played 1 and a bit games for us!

Edited by deyres42

You missed the prolific Paul Beevers in there.

Chris Killen, Sean McCarthy (ok but prolific before playing at latics), Brett Ormerod, David Currie, Daniel Nardiello, Warren Feeney, Michael Ricketts, Alan Smart, Ben Burgess, Darren Byfield, Gerry Crainey, Ray Treacy how many goals between them .... insert random 50 other names who have failed at BP as a striker...or carried the burden of a reputation.

Didn't the article say that the striker was in the 20's which would strike off some of the players mentioned above

Should go after Barcham as well.

Barcham's a cracking winger, and as entertaining as Phil Morris is, his tricky bollocks didn't conjure up many goals from February onwards. Seen plenty of Barcham, he's quick scores goals and gets crosses in - just what we should be trying to bring in - an out and out winger...

Perhaps Norwich signing several new strikers points in right direction. Cody might fancy working with Dickov? Not likely on cost but you never know perhaps its one of those magic moments. DUE ONE lol.... ANY player with 90+ in 165 is worth looking at.... IF its not a done deal???? well we will never learn?

If as mentioned earlier its a we tried moment? sick.... ARE we using some Stephens money? Is it a Stephens to Norwich moment + cash????

another factor that helps us attract players is the close proximity to Manchester, I'm sure I heard Furman saying the fact that Oldham was close to Manchester was a big reason why he joined us

I can see a massive titanic moment with this story.... Like a bad dream you are not sure if it's happened before, then you wake up and realise Hardy is still the self made marketing mastermind...... What other club posts a message like that unless the deal is done!!! Let's se what happens but I for one won't be holding my breath.

A darkhorse but maybe Shaun Mcdonald from Swansea suppose be available on loan.

If we believed all the transfer rumours we could me moving toward a team of McDonald's - Cody McDonald, Shaun McDonald. Gary McDonald, Clayton (Mc)Donaldson.

All together now.....Old Paul Dickov had a team - Ee-eye-ee-eye Oh! :grin:

Edited by BP1960

I can see a massive titanic moment with this story.... Like a bad dream you are not sure if it's happened before, then you wake up and realise Hardy is still the self made marketing mastermind...... What other club posts a message like that unless the deal is done!!! Let's se what happens but I for one won't be holding my breath.

I hope that we have not jumped the gun with this one - agree that we should wait until the deal is done before releasing any details.

Someone once said of Latics: 'They build you up to knock you down' - let's hope that is not the case with this one... :unsure:

another factor that helps us attract players is the close proximity to Manchester, I'm sure I heard Furman saying the fact that Oldham was close to in Manchester was a big reason why he joined us

FTFY