Dale Stephens

That's the attitude the club have. The make do and get shafted mentality :censored:s the club over year after year. Whether Stephens wanted to be here or not it was tough :censored:! Other clubs stick to their guns and get decent fees. There was a lot of interest in Stephens, other clubs were monitoring the situation. I know this for a fact!

maybe you should have applied for the managers job when it was available seeing as you know so much.....get over yaself with the self pity n woe is me card ffs....were a selling club,always have been always will be,we havent got a pot to piss in.....what would you have said if the club had gone down the undisclosed route???? they have been honest and accepted what they believe is a decent fee for a player who doesnt want to be here.....i really wonder lately why you bother supporting latics sometimes...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, would people be happy if Cody McDonald joins on a permanent transfer this week?

I'd only hope a deal has been put in place to bring him in for a set fee, and the sale of Stephens at this price covers it. If not, it's a pretty shoddy piece of business.

Who's going to take our Free Kicks and Corners? :shock:

Worth more than £375,000 though... "Only as much as someone's willing to pay".. Can't afford to turn it down" etc etc..

Bottom line for me is that a 21 year old who hits double figures in effectively his first full season usually goes for more than that...

Thought we might get £650,000 - £700,000 for Stephens.. Think he'll go on to have a decent career

Edited by longtimeblue

Worth more than £375,000 though... "Only as much as someone's willing to pay".. Can't afford to turn it down" etc etc..

Bottom line for me is that a 21 year old who hits double figures in effectively his first full season usually goes for more than that...

Thought we might get £650,00 - £700,00 for Stephens.. Think he'll go on to have a decent career

Spot on

That's the attitude the club have. The make do and get shafted mentality :censored:s the club over year after year. Whether Stephens wanted to be here or not it was tough :censored:! Other clubs stick to their guns and get decent fees. There was a lot of interest in Stephens, other clubs were monitoring the situation. I know this for a fact!

A player is only worth what another team is willing to pay...simple. Stevens was good on his day but didn't have enough of them....he was anonymous for plenty of games I saw him play in last season. If we had just paid £375,000 for his services I would be well pissed off!!

The club have pleged any incoming money for Dickov's budget and I think Dickov will have had a big say in the decision to let Stevens go......Furman is more than capable of playing the Stevens role and is potentially a better prospect.

If we can get that 25 goal striker we all crave....we will have forgotten all about Stevens by August!!

Thought we might get £650,000 - £700,000 for Stephens.. Think he'll go on to have a decent career

Absolutely spot on

Would have thought bidding would have started around the 400k mark and gone up from there.

I doubt we will get much of the money if any for spending certainly not players with fees the £375k won't even cover the losses of the 1st half of the season but we will make a few free signings when players contracts officially expire at the end of this week. We will then get a few prem loans just before the season starts as the prem teams will spend the next month looking at their kids and making decisions on them to who goes on loan.

Stephens I think will go onto make a decent career and will establish himself eventually as a championship midfielder very much like wellens who made the step up to the championship at 26 Dales is still 22

Out of interest, would people be happy if Cody McDonald joins on a permanent transfer this week?

I'd only hope a deal has been put in place to bring him in for a set fee, and the sale of Stephens at this price covers it. If not, it's a pretty shoddy piece of business.

as long as the money is well spent, and we find a replacement, im not bothered how much he goes for really

A player is only worth what another team is willing to pay...simple. Stevens was good on his day but didn't have enough of them....he was anonymous for plenty of games I saw him play in last season. If we had just paid £375,000 for his services I would be well pissed off!!

The club have pleged any incoming money for Dickov's budget and I think Dickov will have had a big say in the decision to let Stevens go......Furman is more than capable of playing the Stevens role and is potentially a better prospect.

If we can get that 25 goal striker we all crave....we will have forgotten all about Stevens by August!!

like the whole of the team last season, he was worth the 600-700k people are saying before christmas, after that, i'd take 375k anyday. i know he was on loan for part of that but after christmas there were at least five or six games where he'd look half the player he was before.

if we've got a sell-on-percentage, we spend the money well and it lets us get someone like cody mcdonald or allows us to pay more wages or on time, it's a good deal.

Who's going to take our Free Kicks and Corners?

That's got to be a piss take.....He took a decent enough free kick but his corners were bloody woeful!!!!!

All well and good having the strikers ie McDonald but if there aint a defence to stop goals and a midfield to create goals then theyre useless!!!!

looking at the gaps in the squad id say we need

2 GK

1 LB

2 CB

2 CM

2 ST (Got smith, feeney (is a nothing player not going to give us anything and needs binning fast so we are effectively a man down up front already), reid, brooke, bembo

get to work PD!

Edited by shefflatic

As a Charlton fan "We signed a 21 year old goalscoring midfielder who hit double figures in his first full season and missed a large part of the business end through injury for less than half a Million who other teamshad been snifing around"

I'd be pretty happy

All well and good having the strikers ie McDonald but if there aint a defence to stop goals and a midfield to create goals then theyre useless!!!!

looking at the gaps in the squad id say we need

2 GK

1 LB

2 CB

2 CM

2 ST (Got smith, feeney (is a nothing player not going to give us anything and needs binning fast so we are effectively a man down up front already), reid, brooke, bembo

get to work PD!

I don't think our budget can extend to two strikers, not with Reid signed on. Even if he is on pennies. Maybe we'll see more of Taylor in CM and Reid out wide? Too early to say, players to arrive soon though I'm sure.

Any solid bids, apart from Saints?

The supporters of most teams could probably moan about how they undersell players, but all clubs are trying to do is survive. I don't know much about Peltier or Dawson who you've mentioned previously, but they must have something fairly special about them if clubs paid as much as you said. If Stephens has similar kind of abilities, he should be going to a better team than Charlton.

Edited by JoeP

Goal scoring midfielder on a long contract and we sell for 375k?

Don't blame our financial situation on attendances Corney, blame the board's lack of ambition. Eardley's fee was a pisstake, but he was on the last year on his deal and we were probably whoring him out all over the show. But this, this I don't understand.....we got 500k for Trotman for fúck sake.