Lewis Alessandra

Been in talks with us (Hereford) according to our vice chairman. What do you lot think of him? Could he do a job in League 2? I like the sound of him but its easy to get excited about a young player signing from a bigger club when they haven't ever really played much first team football.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he puts a shift in training and matchday wise could a an awesome player at that level. He is a skillfull player, who does seem to posses a good level of technical skill. I always felt he could dwell on the ball too long and seemed to lack the instinct of a good striker but stick him on the wing like Dickov did here or just off a 20 goal a season man and could do a good job.

he showed how good he could be when he got a hattrick against scunthorpe at BP in the season they won the league, and he's pretty skillful. never really got a proper run in the team here even though he did well when he did play. would have thought he'd end up higher than hereford (no offence) so he'd be good if you can get him going

Been in talks with us (Hereford) according to our vice chairman. What do you lot think of him? Could he do a job in League 2? I like the sound of him but its easy to get excited about a young player signing from a bigger club when they haven't ever really played much first team football.

Talented lad who needs to grow up and knuckle down or face a career outside of football.

Intelligent footballer. Creates space for others to exploit. Holds possession well.

Doesn't seem to have impressed 4 managers (Sheridan, Royle, Penney, Dickov) enough to become a regular - rumoured to be lazy on the training ground.

Best position is probably alongside / in behind a proven goalscorer, but most appearances last season were on the left of midfield where he seemed very tidy.

In 2008/9 and 2010/11 the team's form has dropped significantly when he's been left out for an extended period.

My gut feeling is that having featured a fair bit for you over the past few seasons (more than I had realised, anyway) and having read various views on him on here from when he was released, its slightly surprising that another league one club, or a bigger league two club than ourselves havent taken a punt on him already. Hoping he signs for us, pretty confident he would turn out to be a positive addition. We currently don't have a left sided midfielder, so it strikes me that this is the position he is being lined up for.

My gut feeling is that having featured a fair bit for you over the past few seasons (more than I had realised, anyway) and having read various views on him on here from when he was released, its slightly surprising that another league one club, or a bigger league two club than ourselves havent taken a punt on him already. Hoping he signs for us, pretty confident he would turn out to be a positive addition. We currently don't have a left sided midfielder, so it strikes me that this is the position he is being lined up for.

He's signed for Morecambe

Both better than League Two imo, but Lewi has to prove it by putting it in. I think it speaks volumes for Smalley too that he has stayed in League Two. I reckon that's where Captain Calamity will end up too….

You really have a chip on your shoulder about rubes don't you...... :/

Did you know Oldham rejects is an anagram of Morecambe

Funny but i've never seen anyone whose played for my home town club as a 'Reject' and still lookout for them whatever team they play for now, I think both Lewi and Macca are the type of players Morecambe have been lacking and to get them onboard is seen as a major coup.

Shame Smalley didn't Join the Clique and complete the package :lol: