So, centre mid now Stephens has gone....

Furman & Morais?

Stick Taylor there?

Can any of the kids play there?

Or do we desperately need a replacement?

Taylor CM? No, he puts the effort in, but he isn't a central midfielder. Lee & Winchester can play there, but ideally look to sign someone perm contract, then a loan from another club e.g. lowe

Furman & Morais?

Stick Taylor there?

Can any of the kids play there?

Or do we desperately need a replacement?

I don't think that'd work.

Can't we get Lowe back on loan? A half decent L1 player and he won't be jumping into Bastard Rover's First Team anytime soon.

id play lee there personally

Lee is a right back and a decent one at that, don't know where this idea comes from that he should play central midfield.

Winchester too slow and lightweight to be playing in there IMO, we need someone with some height and stamina to go alongside Furman.

Lee is a right back and a decent one at that, don't know where this idea comes from that he should play central midfield.

Winchester too slow and lightweight to be playing in there IMO, we need someone with some height and stamina to go alongside Furman.

he played centre mid for united

lee is a midfielder playing at rb,i would play him cm if we dont sign anyone but hopefully we will

Winchester is not slow by any means and he can tough it with the best.

we need:

2 GK

2 CB

1 LB

2 CM

1 ST and bin feeney

I worry when PD states '3-4' players - if that is the case then we are well and truly down next season.

I agree we need to replace players who've left, but assuming relegation already seems a bit overly pessimistic.

I agree we need to replace players who've left, but assuming relegation already seems a bit overly pessimistic.

Crusoe is right, there are many clubs in this division in the same boat as Latics, some even worse off.

he played centre mid for united

Might well have played some games there for Man Ure reserves, but how long ago was that?

Just think we've got enough problems at the moment without moving one of our best remaining players from the position where he's been settled and playing in.

Hopefully PD already has a list of targets - most likely young loanees. More worrying is the lack of signings in other areas especially CHs and strikers with a proven scoring record at a decent level. Perhaps the fee for Stephens will allow bigger wages for the right 'free' transfers.

Hopefully PD already has a list of targets - most likely young loanees. More worrying is the lack of signings in other areas especially CHs and strikers with a proven scoring record at a decent level. Perhaps the fee for Stephens will allow bigger wages for the right 'free' transfers.

why is it worrying??? season doesnt start until august ffs..

just look how many people have been slaggin the club off recently over lack of signings and any news latics related....mvoto was in the bag weeks ago,and i fully expect this to be the case with the other 3 players he said he wanted....then i fully expect a few friendlies with trialists to look at and maybe 3 seasonlong loans....just because it isnt announced doesnt mean he is just sat there praying...