• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Smith/new striker and Reid will start the season as the front two, and with Feeney already set to miss the cup game. That can only harm his career here, if he was somehow the first choice come Sheff United (due to injury) then PD could well leave him out just because he will miss Carlisle game.

PD realised from November onwards he wasn't cutting it and to say he'd put trotman up top rather than bring him on says a lot.

He is slow, looks about 60 in his demeanour and general ability and hinders our attacks every time.

Just watching Smith and even Reid on saturday, then watching him when he came on said it all regards the gulf in ability between himself and those 2.

Smith controlled the ball with his chest stone dead, Feeney chests it and the ball goes 3 feet away from him and he is the 'experienced' 'international' striker.

He is a waste of a player and by his drink drive charge in December last year, sounds like his all-round attitude as a person is that he doesn't really care, happy to coast along.

Someone tweeted him about NI caps - As I have said, for someone who before he joined hadnt played games or scored in 2 years (now 3, in the league) he should have said to the NI manager he owed it to himself and club to concentrate on that fully for a season (NI are shocking and he would get straigt back in their team the fact he can start games now with his record says there's no competition), play games and score goals, then maybe this season he could've been excused a call-up having actually doen something for us - his answer 'understand your point but never know when you will play your last game for your country need as many caps as i can get'.

He will be out of the game come May. Sadly PD wants to shift him but quite rightly no takers.

Waste of a signing, worse than Puride who i believe at least had some ability and didn't play through no fault of his own; unlike this guy who has done as much as Purdie but in 20 ganes i.e. F ALL.

SOD OFF WARREN BACK TO NI GO AND PLAY FOR LINFIELD YOU WASTER!

Edited by shefflatic

PD realised from November onwards he wasn't cutting it and to say he'd put trotman up top rather than bring him on says a lot.

He is slow, looks about 60 in his demeanour and general ability and hinders our attacks every time.

Just watching Smith and even Reid on saturday, then watching him when he came on said it all regards the gulf in ability between himself and those 2.

Smith controlled the ball with his chest stone dead, Feeney chests it and the ball goes 3 feet away from him and he is the 'experienced' 'international' striker.

He is a waste of a player and by his drink drive charge in December last year, sounds like his all-round attitude as a person is that he doesn't really care, happy to coast along.

Someone tweeted him about NI caps - As I have said, for someone who before he joined hadnt played games or scored in 2 years (now 3, in the league) he should have said to the NI manager he owed it to himself and club to concentrate on that fully for a season (NI are shocking and he would get straigt back in their team the fact he can start games now with his record says there's no competition), play games and score goals, then maybe this season he could've been excused a call-up having actually doen something for us - his answer 'understand your point but never know when you will play your last game for your country need as many caps as i can get'.

He will be out of the game come May. Sadly PD wants to shift him but quite rightly no takers.

Waste of a signing, worse than Puride who i believe at least had some ability and didn't play through no fault of his own; unlike this guy who has done as much as Purdie but in 20 ganes i.e. F ALL.

SOD OFF WARREN BACK TO NI GO AND PLAY FOR LINFIELD YOU WASTER!

I dont want to agree but I cant help but nod at every point

You do have to wonder why he doesn't emphasise his commitment by retiring from international football to concentrate on getting a permanent start for his club.

However, do you reckon the club's not standing in his way i.e. he scores on international duty and secures a move away.

Also, if he got injured on international duty then could we claim his wages from the NI FA whilst he can't play for us? Cynical, moi?!

It's really hard to warm to this guy, the fitness into pre-season sounded like a step in the right direction, but get him on a football field he's got the look of a man going through the motions. The performance against Blackpool was stellar compared to the one against Salford. The international games on the back of this send out a strong statement that we are back to square one.

He ain't scored an league goal in english football since 2007. He should say to NI manager 'look am going to miss the next few international games as i need to secure a starting spot at my club and start scoring'. No one's going to want him next summer. Which manager will go for a striker who hasn't scored a league goal in England since 2007 and sods off for every international game?

Also, wasn't he well known for a putting a shift in every game? Reid's put more of a shift in than he has. Great that he's got fitter over the summer, but he needs to realise that hardly any manager will want to get him next summer with the way he is atm..

I cant help but feel that he will take the wages this season and actually will play for linfield or an other plus NI next. I'm against the twitter goading and similar chaviness but i do feel this guy needs to show some reasons for us to back him to succeed as i would like to do.

1 step forward (fitness & loss of weight) and 4 steps back (once again sodding off with NI)

Actions speak louder than words Warren; it's all very well saying all you need is a run of games......then don't bloody pee-off at the 1st available opportunity and in doing so; affect your chances of getting that run.

Quite frankly; we need shot now - to anyone stupid enough to have him.

1 step forward (fitness & loss of weight) and 4 steps back (once again sodding off with NI)

Actions speak louder than words Warren; it's all very well saying all you need is a run of games......then don't bloody pee-off at the 1st available opportunity and in doing so; affect your chances of getting that run.

Quite frankly; we need shot now - to anyone stupid enough to have him.

I don think anyone is stupid enough Sly

The talk about his fitness is giving him too much credit, yes it showed hunger. We don't know which team he is hungry for, I would think NI, but it also showed stupidity. To lose 2 stones in such a short time as an athlete is just plain bad, he will have to adjust his whole playing style. He has lost strength, and will have a slow start. Look at the short time he was on against Blackpool, he looked weak.