LATICS STAYInG AT BP

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooops Keegan! Sorry Mike!! :blush:

Cue fishal site ranting about allowing information to leak into the public domain? Trouble is it's not one new stand we need, but three…or serious refurbishment on the Chaddy and Main Stands. Encouraging news but this really is end game for Corney's exit strategy….

Ha, not a chance this is happening, I can smell the uproar already.

Uproar or not, the council know this is the cheaper option. The council are :censored:ting themselves over The Lancaster club scheme going tits up, the club have a water-tight case and would be able to make the Vance Millar pay-out look like chicken feed. The council fooked up at every stage….if the NIMBYs and little Oldhamers want to bankrupt the town then protest away. Given that there is already detailed planning permission in place this could happen. As for the extra facilities being suggested, well outline is again in place and would only need tweaking here and there imo….

Edited by oafcprozac

Cue fishal site ranting about allowing information to leak into the public domain? Trouble is it's not one new stand we need, but three…or serious refurbishment on the Chaddy and Main Stands. Encouraging news but this really is end game for Corney's exit strategy….

Exactly. But after this new stand has been up wont the rest pay for it's self?

Found this out right on deadline last night and have updated the website with a bit more this morning. Some scepticism from club, firstly at whether this will go through (maybe understandable given the historical context) and secondly about how long it will take for money to filter through. Doing a follow-up for tomorrow with fans reaction - would appreciate it if anyone who wants to give their views calls me on 211 2056 or emails me including their name, age, occupation and where they're from at: mike.keegan@men-news.co.uk

Cheers

Mike

Let's not get carried away but if true it's great news, however a new South stand would only be the beginning as we are told the Chaddy end needs some serious saftey work and the main stand is beyond help.

It's a distinct possibility that some time in the near future we could yet again end up with a three sided ground!!

Exactly. But after this new stand has been up wont the rest pay for it's self?

You would imagine so. Im pretty sure a real cash generating stand could be built for 5.7mill+ whatever Corney and co would invest (if any). By that report we would also have a 3 year loan off the council, so I would imagine once that 3 year period is up and if the club is making money, then their would be money knocking about for slow redevelopment to the 2 stands.

The thing I've always hated about rebuilding BP where it stands is that the current Main Stand is so damn small and has no room to grow unless the pitch is moved. We will always have a lopsided stadium.

Call me Mr Picky, but that's why a move to a purpose built state of the art stadium has always appealed.

I think (if this is comes to fruition) what we really need is detail on the larger plan here. We have been told previously that the only was to have a sustainable football club is to have a facility that provides revenue streams outside of football. IF we are to build a stand to replace The Lookers, then we need to here what else will be included to provide this extra income in the plan.

The thing I've always hated about rebuilding BP where it stands is that the current Main Stand is so damn small and has no room to grow unless the pitch is moved. We will always have a lopsided stadium.

Call me Mr Picky, but that's why a move to a purpose built state of the art stadium has always appealed.

I've always thought the same.....If the new lookers is built 30/40 metres back from the pitch it would give some extra space for a bigger stand on the current main stand site. A new Chaddy could then be built as required....the only problem would be the RRE as the new stand would encroach it's space. You could always close the small section until such a time it became viable to modify or rebuild.

To me this sounds like awful news. I dont want a new stand I want the club to have a brand new state of the art stadium, I dont even care that much if it is identikit. If we have 1 new stand its going to look like Wrexham and look whats happened to them!!

A fresh start is needed for the whole club. A new stand is a white elephant in my eyes. I have no problem staying at BP but for gods sake bulldoze the whole thing and start again. Not happy at all with this until a proper plan for a redeveloped BP is unveiled for the whole ground.

It would definitely appear that way, The potential lasting legacy of The TTA could be a new council built stand and a car park full of houses.. Maybe new maths have been done and the house sales give them some kind of return that enables them to walk.

I've always wanted to stay at BP but from a long term point of view I don't know what much a new stand is going to change, We're stagnent and need a massive pick me up which the original plans for the development of BP would've given us I reckon.. Just not sure what will change with 1 stand.

Hopefully there is other stuff going on in the background in terms of investment and good news will be around the corner