LATICS STAYInG AT BP

I fail to see how you can get planning permission and then move the building 50 yards further away. These things are fairly specific.

Look at todays Chron in regards to mosques being built over the planned specs.

do you not think its more a case of the council saying...look we know we dropped you in the :censored: with failsworth,if we give you this cash please dont sue us...

and yes,there are plenty of other places available to build on in oldham...

so if were going down the community route,in reality what could they put in to the build????? as i see it if its going to have a hotel and conferencing facilities,there wont be any room for community things...we cant put a cinema into it,there building one in hollinwood,and possible a bowling alley....so i really dont see this new stand being a community project,money will be made from hotel group and conferencing,which makes a mint...

Possible we could take a % of the income like a mafia boss offering protection but in our case as a way to stop us sueing the council?

I've had an energy saving/supplying idea for ages that I want to look into properly. alas I'm short on time and qualifications, the blueprints are drawn on beer mats B)

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few things have been mentioned by Mike Keegan which sounds worrying

Work to start hopefully in a year

Rest of ground hopefully redeveloped within the decade

I know we've got to be realistic but with the 60% wage cap coming in next season we need to be increasing our revenue streams ASAP

sorry but from what I've read it's not good news today, sorry for not being a "happy clapper" and bearing in mind the business realisations rather than sentiment but we need to build ASAP. With the 60% wage cap coming in we'll really struggle next season because to have a team that can compete in the Football League (nevermind League 1) in the mordern game you need to be making money 7 days a week to pay the players wages like plenty of other clubs are doing, look no further than who we played on Saturday 10 years ago they were in the North-West Counties Division Two, now they're only 2 Divisions below us and looking to progress further thanks to the facilities they have at the ground. I hope I'm proved wrong but I'm worried about todays news

sorry but from what I've read it's not good news today, sorry for not being a "happy clapper" and bearing in mind the business realisations rather than sentiment but we need to build ASAP. With the 60% wage cap coming in we'll really struggle next season because to have a team that can compete in the Football League (nevermind League 1) in the mordern game you need to be making money 7 days a week to pay the players wages like plenty of other clubs are doing, look no further than who we played on Saturday 10 years ago they were in the North-West Counties Division Two, now they're only 2 Divisions below us and looking to progress further thanks to the facilities they have at the ground. I hope I'm proved wrong but I'm worried about todays news

the fact we've gone from starting work on who knows where, who knows when to starting work within a year worries you?

It seems they have swept us under the carpet give them a new stand then wait 10 years and see if we can be arsed to carry on

they never said they'll wait 10 years? they said that rest of ground will hopefully be re-developed within the decade.. Its up to the club to find the finance for the rest of development.

if we start building the monday after the carlisle game (giving us until MAY to plan, design and appoint builders) then we could see the stand take shape by the beginning of the next season?

How long does it take to build one stand 6 months? We could have it mid way through the season I'd reckon...

The hazy info on the rest of the stadium will be because this is a council meeting right? They can't announce stuff that they will have no part in, so don't panic. We also don't know how much redeveloping they are doing it could take 2 years to rebuild stand another 2 for Chaddy and another 2 for Main Stand, well thats 6 years enough time to RRE in that time as well.

How long does it take to build one stand 6 months? We could have it mid way through the season I'd reckon...

Building details, ordering the needed supplies etc, then waiting for needed supplies to be delivered etc.. I'd be happy to see work on building the stand in April..

In context, what have we operated at in recent seasons and part of seasons.

i am sure i read we have operated at 50%.

I know we have lost money, it's alll about which pot of course

Building details, ordering the needed supplies etc, then waiting for needed supplies to be delivered etc.. I'd be happy to see work on building the stand in April..

is outline planning permission still in date from previous plans???? do we actually need full planning consent considering the stand used to be there,the footprint is still there....do we actually know how far down the road we are with talks?????....designs could already exist for all we know....the council have announced it,now upto the club topull its finger out and get it going....breaking ground this side of christmas would be a bonus....

steelwork and precast terracing wouldnt take long to sort by an experienced company...no reason why it cant be completed in 6 months from breaking ground...

is outline planning permission still in date from previous plans???? do we actually need full planning consent considering the stand used to be there,the footprint is still there....do we actually know how far down the road we are with talks?????....designs could already exist for all we know....the council have announced it,now upto the club topull its finger out and get it going....breaking ground this side of christmas would be a bonus....

steelwork and precast terracing wouldnt take long to sort by an experienced company...no reason why it cant be completed in 6 months from breaking ground...

Under the original Oldham Arena plans it was estimated that it would take 16 months to complete the new Broadway Stand. I remember thinking at the time that this was a long time!

:shock:

Under the original Oldham Arena plans it was estimated that it would take 16 months to complete the new Broadway Stand. I remember thinking at the time that this was a long time!

:shock:

Wolves have got half their stand up in 4 months, but that also includes the demolition of the old one, which we have already half done!

Breaking ground this side of christmas would be a bonus considering the last few winters it will be frozen..

Also, thats the main point about club pulling it's finger out and get going.. It may not be possible yet as they made need investors to come back..

Ir could be done in 6 months.. But it may depend on materials being used, what the designs are for inside which could take longer to build than 6 months.. suppose we'll have to wait until club come out and tell us what the designs are etc (if not changed from Oldham Arena)

• 5 weeks later...