Hopefully not. Irreplaceable for us. I worry that, like last year, we will struggle to score goals as it is. Without him and I'm suddenly a fully paid up member of prozac's relegation club.

That should fund McDonald or Le Fondre..

Michael McIndoe would be a decent replacement

Chris Taylor has been fantastic player for us for the last few seasons and he's also one of us and he loves the club from top to bottom, however, if he wants to improve and earn the big money he will have to move to a higher division.

I will be sad to see him leave but if we can get a proven goalscorer and a quality midfielder/winger in it could be a blessing in disguise. Taylor has nearly always played in wide positions but he is not a true winger and I believe his best position could be just off the striker or behind a front two.

I think we rely on him far too much and almost everything seems to have to go through him....I would like us to be a little more direct, mix it up a bit and be less predictable. To take advantage of big Matty Smith we need to get to the by-line and whip those crosses over as often as possible, something we have failed to do during the last few seasons.

We got our best spell of success playing with two out and out wingers and there's no reason why we can't do it again if we're bold enough.

Losing Taylor would appear to be a disaster for most fans but I honestly think if we get enough money it could be to our advantage... .....as long as we can get in the right replacements.

An on fire Chris Taylor at this level wins you matches and is the kind of player you like to watch and the kind that get's up the oppo's noses with his dives and fakes. Sometimes that Chris Taylor has periods off but even then you can't question his commitment to the club. Down the years us Latics fans have had to say goodbye to our favourites and best players and we will again. However a new prince will arrive sooner or later. If the money is right and PD is allowed to use it to bring in quality then it makes it a little easier to swallow.

Edited by Lags

I'd much rather have Taylor.

tresor kandol is a free agaent....worth a punt maybe???? i really cant see us getting mcdonald or le fondre...but if we sold our prize assett,i would hope we had something lined up....could kill our season stone dead if he does go.

tresor kandol is a free agaent....worth a punt maybe???? i really cant see us getting mcdonald or le fondre...but if we sold our prize assett,i would hope we had something lined up....could kill our season stone dead if he does go.

Hi is partnering feeney at plymouth