What were your thoughts on his performance last night. I thought he chased down the defenders on the ball well and was really putting a decent shift in until he took a knock in the 1st half. Now there was a dispicable group of people sat behind me and my mates who all game just wanted to vent abuse at whoever made a slight mistake. Kieran Lee was getting abuse after just 4 mins which was atrocious but for Reid it was a 90 minute job (even after he was subbed they were still slagging him off). Whats the point in going to support the club when all they want to do is slate the players? Not helping.... Please tell me that im not on my own when i think Reid is getting better and trying harder.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What were your thoughts on his performance last night. I thought he chased down the defenders on the ball well and was really putting a decent shift in until he took a knock in the 1st half. Now there was a dispicable group of people sat behind me and my mates who all game just wanted to vent abuse at whoever made a slight mistake. Kieran Lee was getting abuse after just 4 mins which was atrocious but for Reid it was a 90 minute job (even after he was subbed they were still slagging him off). Whats the point in going to support the club when all they want to do is slate the players? Not helping.... Please tell me that im not on my own when i think Reid is getting better and trying harder.

He put in a hell of a shift at Yeovil too, lots of pace and close control. The lad's getting it together alright.

You're not on your own mate lol. Some people don't deserve a club to support. The criticism for Reid would be justified if he had played like he did against Sheff United. However, he seems to have taken advice on board and is at least putting effort in. That's all I ask. Some fans only breathe in order to vent abuse, it makes them feel better about themselves. Every team has its fair share of morons. I am not a 100 percent happy clapper but last night was a cause for celebration not more doom and gloom.

While I agree that nobody should get on the backs of players and dont myself, we all have very different opinions on players. Anyone who pays to watch the team are totally within reason to voice their opinions however they feel fit.

Nobody is the same and if they were it would be fooking boring.

If they didn't want the best from their team they wouldn't be at Scunny on a Tuesday night!

He did well last night especially in the first half with his off the ball runs across the line.

He's not a player who's style of play of the ball lends itself to the obvious, tactically naive football fan.

Unfortunately we have a few of those.

He did well last night especially in the first half with his off the ball runs across the line.

He's not a player who's style of play of the ball lends itself to the obvious, tactically naive football fan.

Unfortunately we have a few of those.

Unfortunately we have a LOT of those. Give hime 3 or 4 games and regardless of his football ability, they will slag him off and decide he's not good enough - buffoons!!! They've done it to many a player in the past and no doubt will always be there!

Clueless :censored:wits.

dont care if its 2 pens hes our leading goalscorer so far, and if he knocks in 15 goals this year whilst being the laziest player in the world I wouldnt care less. Porter bagged 20+, Warne bagged 10, one of them was lazy, one worked hard, I know which one Id rather have though given the choice.

However I think reid offers a bit more in his hold up play, showed some good strength to bring the ball down from gk kicks a few times, and still think hes only half the player he could be. Give him 5 more games to sharpen up some more and I think he will become a very key player for us scoring efforts like the one he missed on tuesday from Lees cross

dont care if its 2 pens hes our leading goalscorer so far, and if he knocks in 15 goals this year whilst being the laziest player in the world I wouldnt care less. Porter bagged 20+, Warne bagged 10, one of them was lazy, one worked hard, I know which one Id rather have though given the choice.

However I think reid offers a bit more in his hold up play, showed some good strength to bring the ball down from gk kicks a few times, and still think hes only half the player he could be. Give him 5 more games to sharpen up some more and I think he will become a very key player for us scoring efforts like the one he missed on tuesday from Lees cross

Porter, lazy? Don't talk soft.

Reid is one of those players the majority of Latics fans will abuse as he doesn't run around like a headless chicken, chasing down defenders for 90 minutes and winning the odd throw-in in the opppositions half. A-la Paul Warne- who was loved by the majority, yet I think is one of the most "over rated" players in a Oldham shirt i've ever seen.

Reid is a technically good player, and will bag given a good run in the team- something which he hasnt had for a while in his career. Never mind at Oldham.

Reid is one of those players the majority of Latics fans will abuse as he doesn't run around like a headless chicken, chasing down defenders for 90 minutes and winning the odd throw-in in the opppositions half. A-la Paul Warne- who was loved by the majority, yet I think is one of the most "over rated" players in a Oldham shirt i've ever seen.

Reid is a technically good player, and will bag given a good run in the team- something which he hasnt had for a while in his career. Never mind at Oldham.

Abso bloody lutely

Unfortunately we have a LOT of those. Give hime 3 or 4 games and regardless of his football ability, they will slag him off and decide he's not good enough - buffoons!!! They've done it to many a player in the past and no doubt will always be there!

Clueless :censored:wits.

I would suggest that most people were brought up watching teams play a rigid 4-4-2, with two wingers who would cross from the bye-line, two yard dogs in midfield, a strike partnership where the headless chicken would chase the big mans flick ons and the ball is never played backwards. So you do hear a lot of crap from the average English terrace due to a lack of understanding

Abso bloody lutely

I get where you are going with this now so let me get it right.

There are a handful or so on here who think that Reid is suddenly the dogs bollocks, and some who dont yet see it (although I am still making my mind up and want him to be a great striker, I really do). After all he has scored twice in 4 games (all being both from penalties). I would suggest though a sizeable percentage of the crowd are very like me and are still waiting for him to make the great impact!

Then we have Paul Warne who a fair few thousand Latics fans chanted his name week in week out for his die hard, never give up attitude (no he wasn't a great and never will be but worked his bollocks off every game and thats why people loved him)!

And the rest of us know :censored: all? :laught16::laught16::laught16:

I get where you are going with this now so let me get it right.

There are a handful or so on here who think that Reid is suddenly the dogs bollocks, and some who dont yet see it (although I am still making my mind up and want him to be a great striker, I really do). After all he has scored twice in 4 games (all being both from penalties). I would suggest though a sizeable percentage of the crowd are very like me and are still waiting for him to make the great impact!

Then we have Paul Warne who a fair few thousand Latics fans chanted his name week in week out for his die hard, never give up attitude (no he wasn't a great and never will be but worked his bollocks off every game and thats why people loved him)!

And the rest of us know :censored: all? :laught16::laught16::laught16:

Re-Read my 1st post please.

The highlighted quote was never stated?

Neither was 'Reid is suddenly the dogs bollocks!'

As for people 'waiting for him to make a 'great impact' after 4 games!!! precisely makes my point again - thanks for that.

If people choose to write a player off after 4 games, then my statement still applies.

One of, if not the best player on the pitch for me today. Fantastic touch and vision. Never going to be a goalscorer, and because he doesn't run about like a man possessed, never going to be accepted by a lot of fans either. But some of the through balls he played today were genuinally class, particularly the one to Morais that took two defenders out of the game. He's won me over today, definitely.

He was OK today, still completely out of shape though.

Let's not forget we were a man up so Reid had a lot more space and time than he normally would. But that goes for the rest of the team aswell. 11 v 11 and I think we'd have been talking about a completely different game. Still well below par.