• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on the lad, they may be penalties but he's putting em away

Keep it up reidy!!!

...and from the half time rport "Reid burst into the box and was brought down..." so if he's creating the penalties then so much the better!

Sounds like Colchester could have had six though and PD had to make tactical changes early on

He is challenging for the ball110% more he seems to hold the ball up but i think that the introdution of parker against shef utd was incredible he lit the game up and matty smith needs to be given time i think he is an impact player :/'

I can see a few of the Reid haters out in force after today's game. He didn't have the best of games, but neither did anyone else. Typical of the "Reid can do sod all right" brigade was the grey haired plank in the stupid orange trousers and brown / orange striped shirt.

He gave Reid dog's abuse from the first whistle to the last. He bollocked him for not making a header that was 10 feet above him, not chasing a ball down the right wing when he was down the centre 30 yards away from it, not making a tackle in the centre circle when he was on the edge of the oppo box. And so it went on and on for the entire game.

The only time he mentioned another player's name was when he was shouting encouragement to "Josh". "Josh" Diallo, that is. :lol:

Reid has improved 100% from last season and was simply part of a very poor performance by the entire team today. I still think he's going to do OK for us, genuinely. As long as people get off his back and stop using him as a scapegoat for other's mistakes.

As for the bloke in the orange trousers, would you like me to send you the squad list so you can give abuse to everyone else? :ranting:

I can see a few of the Reid haters out in force after today's game. He didn't have the best of games, but neither did anyone else. Typical of the "Reid can do sod all right" brigade was the grey haired plank in the stupid orange trousers and brown / orange striped shirt.

He gave Reid dog's abuse from the first whistle to the last. He bollocked him for not making a header that was 10 feet above him, not chasing a ball down the right wing when he was down the centre 30 yards away from it, not making a tackle in the centre circle when he was on the edge of the oppo box. And so it went on and on for the entire game.

The only time he mentioned another player's name was when he was shouting encouragement to "Josh". "Josh" Diallo, that is. :lol:

Reid has improved 100% from last season and was simply part of a very poor performance by the entire team today. I still think he's going to do OK for us, genuinely. As long as people get off his back and stop using him as a scapegoat for other's mistakes.

As for the bloke in the orange trousers, would you like me to send you the squad list so you can give abuse to everyone else? :ranting:

Did you have a word with him? Did anyone else? :(

Oh dear. It's just embarrassing isn't it.

Wonder if it was the same bloke who was sat behind me at the Rochdale game - he was constantly slagging Reid off throughout the game, having a go at him for not running at their defenders and taking them on, because "he hasn't got the pace and he knows it". Surely if he knows he hasn't got the pace then taking on their defenders in a race he knows he can't win would be exactly the wrong option? He's looked like he might be starting to fulfil his potential this season. He might not be the fastest player in the world or be a 30-goal-a-season striker but i doubt he'd be playing for us if he was.

Did you have a word with him? Did anyone else? :(

He was two rows in front of me and, at one point, I shouted to him, "Do you know the names of the other 10?" No response, he just kept hurling abuse at Reid. The classic was "You'll never get the ball if you don't look for it Reid". Said ball was at the other end of the pitch. In Cisak's hands. <_<

• 3 weeks later...