Sponsors Lounge

Hello!

Yes the hospitality needs a bit of a revamp but these things do not happen overnight. It was a last minute decision to open the sponsors suite as a bar purely because we thought it was a shame to see it going empty yet again for such a big match. The team tried hard to get sponsors in the suite but being so early in the season, a lot of people were still on holiday. Having not seen or dealt with hospitality at the club before, I agree that the Sheffield game was fairly poor and which is why I am working hard to get it sorted. Improvements are being made every day. The club are aware that things are in need or redevelopemnt which is why I have been brought on board. This is my fourth week in this role and we are slowly getting things sorted. I welcome 'constructive' critiscism and always want to know what the fans think and what can be improved. Having a your say on here might get you heard (I do check this daily) but contacting myself directly to discuss your ideas would be a much preferable solution. I am available to talk to anyone who wants to see improvements for the good of the club. Like I said - give me time! - we need your support! My number is 0161 785 5152 and my email is jenny.warburton@oldhamathletic.co.uk

The bar will not be open for the Huddersfield match as we do have a full sponsors suite. If we chose to do this in future we will give the fans ample notice so that they can take advantage of it.

Thanks for the comments!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

Yes the hospitality needs a bit of a revamp but these things do not happen overnight. It was a last minute decision to open the sponsors suite as a bar purely because we thought it was a shame to see it going empty yet again for such a big match. The team tried hard to get sponsors in the suite but being so early in the season, a lot of people were still on holiday. Having not seen or dealt with hospitality at the club before, I agree that the Sheffield game was fairly poor and which is why I am working hard to get it sorted. Improvements are being made every day. The club are aware that things are in need or redevelopemnt which is why I have been brought on board. This is my fourth week in this role and we are slowly getting things sorted. I welcome 'constructive' critiscism and always want to know what the fans think and what can be improved. Having a your say on here might get you heard (I do check this daily) but contacting myself directly to discuss your ideas would be a much preferable solution. I am available to talk to anyone who wants to see improvements for the good of the club. Like I said - give me time! - we need your support! My number is 0161 785 5152 and my email is jenny.warburton@oldhamathletic.co.uk

The bar will not be open for the Huddersfield match as we do have a full sponsors suite. If we chose to do this in future we will give the fans ample notice so that they can take advantage of it.

Thanks for the comments!

Welcome to OWTB and good on yer for being so approachable. Good luck blowing the cob webs off everything in the club's commercial dept - no doubt a monumental job.

It was a last minute decision to open the sponsors suite as a bar purely because we thought it was a shame to see it going empty yet again for such a big match.

We - as in OWTB and Ric Atwood specifically - suggested this over a year ago, more perhaps... it's good to see that it's finally being considered and we're still willing to discuss the ideas we had back then.

I'm sure you know of Ric and I'd suggest talking to him about it.

Oh, and take it from someone who knows - being open and approachable on OWTB will probably come back to bite you on the backside - I'd instead suggest keeping the relationship with the fans to phone/email.

We - as in OWTB and Ric Atwood specifically - suggested this over a year ago, more perhaps... it's good to see that it's finally being considered and we're still willing to discuss the ideas we had back then.

Oh, and take it from someone who knows - being open and approachable on OWTB will probably come back to bite you on the backside - I'd instead suggest keeping the relationship with the fans to phone/email.

Knight in shining armour! :blahblah: :blahblah: :bobby:

That feeling of "oh noooooo" when I saw Jenny had posted on the same thread as my "laddish humour" is ... well I'm sure you can imagine.

My apologies madam. :wink:

:D

Although I think you are digging deeper calling poor Jenny a madam, I thinky you might mean mademoiselle

:wink:

I think you might be a bit battle scared there Ackey. But I don't think overall I have seen much public criticism, I cannot comment what you personally received

I think yourself adn Sean Jarvis overall got it about right]

Defend where defence is needed, explain when it is possible and ignore most of it!

I think you might be a bit battle scared there Ackey. But I don't think overall I have seen much public criticism, I cannot comment what you personally received

I think yourself adn Sean Jarvis overall got it about right]

Defend where defence is needed, explain when it is possible and ignore most of it!

Don't get me wrong, I love OWTB. It's allowed me to make some great friends, who I hold very dear to me.

But it was also used as a tool to berrate me, not just on OWTB but as a 'look what they're saying' mechanism.

The problem with that, as we all know, is that OWTB has a mass of contradicting opinion and so it was always possible to find a comment which said something was wrong.

The commercial department gets slated and at times is a letdown. But then you get what you pay for and having people do 2 or 3 people's jobs at once means the quality is always going to suffer.

I did almost all the graphic design for Latics whilst there for example. I'm not a designer. I know people who are and they would spend hours on one item. I had an hour to do it between a video edit and a video record (as an example).

Quality will therefore suffer - just as Jenny will sadly learn. I don't blame her for a second. It's the system, the organisational structure.

In terms of the pay bar in the sponsors lounge.

A poster above the turnstyles and on the stairs as you go up them should get people in on the day. An annoucement on the website and in the chron in the days before a match would sort you out a few more punters too.

Edited by Roger Ritchie

I struggle to understand how the sponsors lounge can be empty anyway, especially for a Saturday game.

If there have been no bookings, why wouldn't we advertise the availability on the website, at discounted prices. Even if it has to be sold at cost, people turning up, having a good afternoon and an enjoyable experience in general could possibly lead to future bookings at more favourable rates.

I struggle to understand how the sponsors lounge can be empty anyway, especially for a Saturday game.

If there have been no bookings, why wouldn't we advertise the availability on the website, at discounted prices. Even if it has to be sold at cost, people turning up, having a good afternoon and an enjoyable experience in general could possibly lead to future bookings at more favourable rates.

Sponsors Lounge available this Saturday £40 per person.

PIE AND PEA SUPPER INCLUDED IN PRICE.

Pay bar open. (Breakers for sale)

Blue Peter Badge winners get in free