Will Clarke get back ?

Thought M'voto marginally shaded mom from Reid, Kuqi was tremendous for an hour before tiring, M'voto for me Clarke on the bench but Diamond is still unconvincing IMO, as is Lee defensively....needs competition imo

Good calls but I was also v impressed with Adewimyi and Cisak whose handling was excellent on a wet day.

Edited by LaticsPete

It would be hard to drop either M'Voto or Diamond both made great last ditch talkes and looked solid for the most part, they were one of the best attacks in this league and they were forced into a lot speculative crosses and balls. Thought Lee was ok today would like to see him go forward more but he faced Roberts and Ward who are both Championship quality, Black needs to step his game up now with Diallo looking like a very good left back.

Doesn't feel nice being able to discuus team selection with genuine options? We are looking much stronger now and mid-table should be the aim.

Cisak is a definitely a vast improvement on 'not so' Brill, and young Tom did show flashes of ability. Now we've negotiated our 'tough start' I'm looking forward to seeing us face up to some of the divisions lesser lights over the coming weeks. Dickov has proved me wrong as I thought we'd be scrapping around for points after the first 6 games and although we are far from the finished article, today and at Scunny (I wasn't at the Dake game) we have proved we can compete and that'll do for me....

Must of been watchin a different game cause I thought Mvoto was shocking today (I am a big fan of him as well). Didn't win an header second half and looked out of sorts (looked ill to me). Completely misjudged the ball everytime it came near the man (Novak or Lee) when it came near him. Also did a lunge in the box which could have been a pen if it wasnt for covering.

Personally I would put Clarke back in for him next game.

Edited by Hornbloweroafc

Must of been watchin a different game cause I thought Mvoto was shocking today (I am a big fan of him as well). Didn't win an header second half and looked out of sorts (looked ill to me). Completely misjudged the ball everytime it came near the man (Novak or Lee) when it came near him. Also did a lunge in the box which could have been a pen if it wasnt for covering.

Personally I would put Clarke back in for him next game.

Thank god its not just me. Awful today and has been pretty much all season. Wouldn't just limit it to the 2nd half him not winning headers, was completely misjudging it all game. Very lucky not to give a pen and what was that 5 yard pass to Diamond about...or it should've been a 5 yard pass to Diamond!

I'm a big fan too of MVoto (or at least him last season). On the flip side I thought Reid (who I'm defo not a fan of!) was pretty decent.

good effort and good performance all in all.

Not too sure if a red, looked to be a late tackle and possibly did lead with studs and over the ball - will need to see again on TV.

can't remember them having many clear cut chances, the odd pot shot at goal and a few chances which we did well with defensively getting blocks in etc.

One thing which lets us down is our distribution, M'voto a big cuplrit in this as well in simply booting or passing the ball away to the opposition; our midfield also stood way too deep and allowed them to come at us and zip it around.

We were great first 20 mins getting in their faces and to a point in the 2nd half as well until the red.

When Furman and Parker come back we will have a decent squad, maybe with a good cup run we can get some $ into the club and maybe get another loan or 2 post xmas and you never know we could be up in the top 8 going into the fianl 10 games and have an outside chance of a PO push - IF we are CONSISTENT.

Big praise again for Reid - ran his knackers off again for the team, showed he has a good touch in holding it and flicking off etc - needs to work on shooting as the chance which was saved he should really be burying those kinds of chances, but hey he's got 4 pens already so fair's fair.

Always thought he would come good - i said give him 6 games - those games are now up and i think he has proved what most of us knew in that he has got ability and is now working his arse off at the same time - not overweight, just a big lad.

Cisak

Lee

Mvoto

Diamond

Diallo

Parker

Furman

Wesolowski

Taylor

Morais

Kuqi

Think that would be our strongest team - much prefer Morais off the striker as he can shoot well and zip around the box, less effective for me out wide.

Still, nice to have different options - add to the above: Black, Clarke, Tarky, Winchester, Lund, Mellor, Adeyemi, Reid and Smith - not too bad a squad!

Edited by shefflatic

Thank god its not just me. Awful today and has been pretty much all season. Wouldn't just limit it to the 2nd half him not winning headers, was completely misjudging it all game. Very lucky not to give a pen and what was that 5 yard pass to Diamond about...or it should've been a 5 yard pass to Diamond!

I'm a big fan too of MVoto (or at least him last season). On the flip side I thought Reid (who I'm defo not a fan of!) was pretty decent.

I wasnt the only one around me (bottom tier main stand near rocky rd) who thought Mvoto was bad. I also agree with Reid comment. Thought he was really good today (best game i've seen him play ina blue shirt). Ball to his feet, he did brilliantly today.

jbroyton commented that Diamond was a carthorse early on in the game.

by the end of a game he was still a carthorse but a very effective one.

we've been missing a no nonsense carthorse for a few seasons.

Diamond & Tarkowski for me in central defence once Tarky is fit.

Edited by HarryBosch

Thought M'voto marginally shaded mom from Reid, Kuqi was tremendous for an hour before tiring, M'voto for me Clarke on the bench but Diamond is still unconvincing IMO, as is Lee defensively....needs competition imo

what about Winchester?

Two main chances for them, one was a goal, the other smashed the bar. Both by the man Diamond was 'marking'. We know what Big Jean can do once he is back in form. Down to Clarke or Diamond to partner him for me.

When Furman comes back he will need a run to get into his flow, same with the Mvoto.