Watch Sale sharks on sat .................. na

Why are we encouraging supporters to go to a rugby game in stockport on Sat?

Go to a non-league game instead. Ill be at my local Bacup Borough but Latics fans might want a look at Scott Spencer who is tearing it up for Hyde FC. They are at home to Nuneaton Borough in the Blue Square Bet North.

Oldham Borough are also at home to Holker Old Boys.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to a non-league game instead. Ill be at my local Bacup Borough but Latics fans might want a look at Scott Spencer who is tearing it up for Hyde FC. They are at home to Nuneaton Borough in the Blue Square Bet North.

Off to the Budweiser Bowl to watch proper Rugby…rather than a mixture of all pile on and Kabbadi…..

I'd have probably gone to a lcoal non league game if i wern't getting pissed in the day in manc and then off to the red sox stadium!

I Do not see what the harm is in promoting this game with there gonna promote us or pay us revenue at the end of the day.

Do see the point about people going to watch a Non League game but suppose its down to peoples interest Sale Sharks more high profile.

I Do not see what the harm is in promoting this game with there gonna promote us or pay us revenue at the end of the day.

Do see the point about people going to watch a Non League game but suppose its down to peoples interest Sale Sharks more high profile.

Wouldn't go on principle, seeing as their move to Stockport has in effect killed the football club…and stolen the ground by stealth

Why does it matter to the club whether Latics promote Sale or a non-league club?! It's not going to affect our revenue. Obviously Sale have asked us to do them a favour, it doesn't do harm to build good relationships with other sporting clubs. If they reciprocate in kind further down the line when they're not playing and County aren't at home then surely it's a good piece of work from the marketing woman.

Edited by jsslatic

Its no different to how we promoted Bury's similar concept not that long ago, or how we ran a similar concept 2 year ago. No Premiership/Championship fixtures so the local clubs try and get fans of other teams in to their ground by offering discounts for season ticket holder.

It won't be helped by the fact its Sale reserves v. Gloucester reserves due to the world cup in NZ.

Off to the Budweiser Bowl to watch proper Rugby…rather than a mixture of all pile on and Kabbadi…..

As opposed to a game of glorified British Bulldogs where everyone just blindly runs into each other??? Not for me. Union every time. Can't wait for Saturday morning.......... :Wales:

As opposed to a game of glorified British Bulldogs where everyone just blindly runs into each other??? Not for me. Union every time. Can't wait for Saturday morning.......... :Wales:

If you've ever played Rugby League you'll know that's bollocks and have the scars to prove it….yes Union's more brutal but you only have to look at people like Steve Thompson who play Hooker in RU then compare him to someone like James Roby, Danny Buderus or Michael McIlorum to know that one game relies on boot and brawn and the other skill, guile, power and pace.

Edited by oafcprozac

Don't mean to open a can of worms, but anyone think the Roughyeds might be a little pee'd off with this?

Regardless of whether you love or hate them, or like many Latics fans don't give a shiny :censored: about them, how would we feel if they were advertising a Rochdale or a Bury game?

If you've ever played Rugby League you'll know that's bollocks and have the scars to prove it….yes Union's more brutal but you only have to look at people like Steve Thompson who play Hooker in RU then compare him to someone like James Roby, Danny Buderus or Michael McIlorum to know that one game relies on boot and brawn and the other skill, guile, power and pace.

So Union players don't possess skill, guile, power and pace??

I was going to laugh at your original post, but I would probably agree that RU has becoming dominated by brawn.

Don't mean to open a can of worms, but anyone think the Roughyeds might be a little pee'd off with this?

Regardless of whether you love or hate them, or like many Latics fans don't give a shiny :censored: about them, how would we feel if they were advertising a Rochdale or a Bury game?

I would imagine them being pissed off if it was during their season, but forgive me if I'm wrong but haven't they finished until New Year?

I would imagine them being pissed off if it was during their season, but forgive me if I'm wrong but haven't they finished until New Year?

Ok fair point, but nevertheless, I cannot remember at anytime supporting latics as long as we have had an active official site anything like this being done for the roughyeds

In fairness Union is boring as :censored:e. Occasionally you get a decent game but the majority is just penalties and the fullbacks kicking it to each other. That's if it gets that exciting and they don't just lie on top of each other for a bit.

Then you get someone like Chris Ashton who is declared 'amazing' because he scores tries. I wonder where he learnt that?

In fairness Union is boring as :censored:e. Occasionally you get a decent game but the majority is just penalties and the fullbacks kicking it to each other. That's if it gets that exciting and they don't just lie on top of each other for a bit.

Then you get someone like Chris Ashton who is declared 'amazing' because he scores tries. I wonder where he learnt that?

Thats what I have found when I have tried to watch it. Unless there is a noticable difference in class, the majority of points are scored as penalties, wheras with League there is alot more tries.

To add to this when Wigan & Bath were dominating their respective leagues in League & Union in the 90's a two legged match was arranged whereby the two sides played each other,one game with League rules,the other with Union rules.Wigan slaughtered Bath at League & Bath didn't win by anywhere near the same margin in the Union game.Proof that League is better!

To add to this when Wigan & Bath were dominating their respective leagues in League & Union in the 90's a two legged match was arranged whereby the two sides played each other,one game with League rules,the other with Union rules.Wigan slaughtered Bath at League & Bath didn't win by anywhere near the same margin in the Union game.Proof that League is better!

And Wigan (spit) regularly entered a team into the Rugby Sevens RU tournament and won that a couple of times too! If I remember rightly wasn't one of the games you refer to played at Maine Road?