Referee versus Bury

Or what???

Not normally one for getting involved in the referee debate, but todays has to be one of the worst I have ever witnessed. Its not the sending off, because it probably was. We had 3 great shouts at 2-0 down for penalties and we got very little from him. He also gave us a free kick 2nd half for Taylor being chopped down when he dived like he had been shot and for me, it was a definate booking for TAYLOR :shock: ....... one of the most blatant dives I have ever seen??????

I don't think it helps when Dickov tries telling the officials how to do their jobs. He was moments from being sent to the stand in the second half. Swore at the 4th Official and it looked like he just about to take action.

The ref made so many wrong calls today though.

Or what???

Not normally one for getting involved in the referee debate, but todays has to be one of the worst I have ever witnessed. Its not the sending off, because it probably was. We had 3 great shouts at 2-0 down for penalties and we got very little from him. He also gave us a free kick 2nd half for Taylor being chopped down when he dived like he had been shot and for me, it was a definate booking for TAYLOR :shock: ....... one of the most blatant dives I have ever seen??????

You obviously didn't go to Preston then !!!!!!!!

I don't think it helps when Dickov tries telling the officials how to do their jobs. He was moments from being sent to the stand in the second half. Swore at the 4th Official and it looked like he just about to take action.

The ref made so many wrong calls today though.

I sit not far from the halfway line and the 4th official never said a thing in his defence. The ref took it upon himself to come over and "have a chat".

It smacked of "its all about me" with the referee today........ he was awful.

One particular penalty appeal was I think Diamond jumping for a header and the Bury defender blatantly pulled him 2 yards back by the neck of his shirt literally 5 yards from the ref who waved play on :shock: yet when Taylor blatantly dived for a free kick on the edge of the area, he awarded a free kick and for me the ref should have given it the other way and Taylor a yellow card :ranting:

I sit not far from the halfway line and the 4th official never said a thing in his defence. The ref took it upon himself to come over and "have a chat".

It smacked of "its all about me" with the referee today........ he was awful.

One particular penalty appeal was I think Diamond jumping for a header and the Bury defender blatantly pulled him 2 yards back by the neck of his shirt literally 5 yards from the ref who waved play on :shock: yet when Taylor blatantly dived for a free kick on the edge of the area, he awarded a free kick and for me the ref should have given it the other way and Taylor a yellow card :ranting:

It did, all full of self-importance.

You obviously didn't go to Preston then !!!!!!!!

I did and I thought he was bad actually, but today was another level for me. Funny how we all see it different but like HarryBosch says, the elbow incident was a piss take and then Taylor is ordered to kick it back to them from the drop ball........... so we should have a free kick with them getting a card and we get feck all and have to give them the ball back......... fecking useless Sunday league :censored: today that referee.

I thought the referee was the worst one we've had in many years today. He didn't get a thing right all game except sending off of their forward. The freekick he gave for Chris Taylors dive was just an absolute disgrace, it was embarrassing.

And I'm sorry but am I the only one who thinks that it was not even a penalty let alone a red card. I've just watched it several times on the football league show, and Bishop just dives over Cisak. The ref was 50 yards away from the action, how the hell could he see that from where he was???

He should never work again. Arsehole.....

And I'm sorry but am I the only one who thinks that it was not even a penalty let alone a red card. I've just watched it several times on the football league show, and Bishop just dives over Cisak. The ref was 50 yards away from the action, how the hell could he see that from where he was???

He should never work again. Arsehole.....

Borderline. Ref and lino gave it at exactly the same moment. Bishop's played for it because the contact appears to be with Cisak's knee. From 100 yards away I thought it was a pen. From seeing it on telly I'd have expected a pen if it had been Latics attacking. It's a soft one though.

Initial reaction was that it was a pen but that the ref was absolutely miles away so how could he have a clear view of it? Watching it on the football league like others have said it does looked extremely soft. Cisak was in a crouching position rather than sprawling at the feet of Bishop. But it seems like Clarke could have got it clear and Cisak could have come out earlier, and then it would have been avoided.

The thing that really p1ssed me off though was earlier on when Cisak was blatantly clattered into as he punched the ball away, and the ref gave nothing. Although we started badly even with 11 v 11, that set the tone in terms of the ref's performance.

Does anyone else think Schumacher was lucky to stay on the field- he folded Furman not long after the 2nd goal and gets booked and there were quite a few occasions after that where a yellow card wouldn't have been unjust. I also think he should have booked their goalie for time wasting especially after a substitution as the ball wasn't ready to be kicked during the substitution which was pointed out to him by several Latics players, Diamond and Clarke especially, but he let him carry on wasting time once the substitution had been made.

I'd like to see the Taylor "dive" at the end as it looked as much of a dive as the penalty to me (but I was a long way off) and Taylor had been fouled just prior to that anyway. Its not the ref's fault that he gives the penalty and sends Cisak off as according to the rules both decisions are correct, but Cisak doesn't foul Bishop he goes over his leg and I'm not convinced it was that much of a goal scoring chance, the penalty was a better one, as although Bishop lands on the ball when he goes over I don't think he would have gotten much on it before it would have required a good finish to score. It's one of my pet peeves about football that an opportunity which results in a better goal scoring chance (i.e. a penalty) get punished the same as one which is a worse opportunity, i.e. a free kick. the rules need changing IMHO.

I agree, it looked like a pen when I was there but looking again on the highlights it looks like Bishop played for it and just caught Cisak's knee. Whatever it was it's obvious Cisak didn't blatantly take him out. I've just watched the football league highlights and the Preston keeper did exactly the same thing and he didn't even get booked! I'm not being some one-eyed Oldham fan either, if it happened the other way round I would have been disappointed to see their keeper sent off.

The Preston keeper was worse, he lunged in with his foot with studs showing! Inconsistency with refs is unbelievable!

not giving a free kick for an arm/elbow on our player then signalling a head injury when he stayed down was the icing on the cake

I'm glad you said that, there's been no mention of it in any of the match reports or on the OS so i was starting to think i'd imagined it. Disgraceful decision. I've got no arguments with the pen - Cisak didn't have much choice but to bring Bishop down after the mix-up between him and Clarke, the referee had no choice but to give a pen and send him off. Bury got away with murder, though, especially 2nd half. As laughable as Taylor's dive at the end was, i don't blame him, considering some of the fouls Bury were getting away with.

Not seen the highlights yet, however at the time, i thought that Clarke was level/almost behind Cisak and Bishop was going away from goal? Penalty yes, but i thought the red card was harsh, but i haven't seen the incident again yet though. Ref was shocking throughout, and if the club say anything then they will get fined by the FA. Respect the Refs? Give us one who knows the rules. He only gave one yellow card for dissent, yet there should of been at least 5 or 6 yellow cards for dissent yesterday (including Kuqi). Basic rules that they can't even get right.

He made a few mistakes but overall, he didn't stand out for me as being particularly bad. I was in the RRE though so can't really comment on potential pens in the 2nd half.

Bury had two other penalty appeals in the first half, one a stonewaller…he couldn't wait to send Cisak off then shirked every other decision…another legend in his own time.

I think that highlights how poor our midfield was, especially in the first half, at interfering with their flow.

When you're being outplayed, get your foot in and, if necessary, kick one or two of them!

hehehe.....TBH aren't we usually labelled the dirty ones???....if you can get away with elbowing like they did possible we should have give em a good kicking

Or a friendly shaking of the neck a la Gregan.....

The Preston keeper was worse, he lunged in with his foot with studs showing! Inconsistency with refs is unbelievable!

Spot on mate.

I can understand the penalty in some respects. I've not seen it back on telly yet, but Bishop was already spotting the ball in his head way before Cisak made any contact. He went down like a sack of :censored:. The ref also missed the 2 pen appeals for fouls on Diamond, and the ignoring of the elbow on Tayls was outrageous.

I said on another thread that Bishop led with his elbow all afternoon - he was an absolute disgrace. Schumacher was also VERY fortunate not to get his marching orders as well.