Chris Taylor

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Taylor has been playing quite well not so much of an attacking threat but certainly covering a lot of ground defensively. As for people calling for Black to come in for Mellor couldnt see why from the game against Burton.

:shock:

Really?????

Well, football is all about opinions but yours has left me absolutely gobsmacked! Fair play to you though, we are all entitled to our own.

The one positive thing when Taylor plays is that no matter how poor he is playing he always has 2 defenders on him.

Opens up space for the other forwards and i think we would miss him if he was dropped.

The 2 problems Taylor currently has is the one above ,the other is he appears to have lost that yard of pace to go past the fullback.

The one positive thing when Taylor plays is that no matter how poor he is playing he always has 2 defenders on him.

Opens up space for the other forwards and i think we would miss him if he was dropped.

The 2 problems Taylor currently has is the one above ,the other is he appears to have lost that yard of pace to go past the fullback.

I dont reckon he has lost a yard of pace, he would be very young for that to have happened.

It's one of two possibles for me

1) he has become lazy

2) its a confidence thing

I hope its only the latter but I fear he is playing Billy Big Bollocks and cant be arsed.

If he spent as much time running past defenders as he spends running at the ref for decisions it would be a massive improvement.

I think Taylor has been playing quite well not so much of an attacking threat but certainly covering a lot of ground defensively. As for people calling for Black to come in for Mellor couldnt see why from the game against Burton.

I agree that he has played quite well - good tracking back and also his movement off the ball is excellent.

However - he could do so much more - that's the conundrum with Chrissie T - he does spend too much time moaning at the ref - he does not do enough of what he does best... which is running at the defence and creating opportunities.

Still a good player to have in the team purely for the fact that the opposition always double team him.

Just need a little bit more.. please? :unsure:

Strange.

I swear I saw him get past a defender, on the outside, and pull the ball back in to the area at least twice on Saturday.

He's still a starter every game for me. Still a threat, running at teams through the middle or stretching them on the wing. I've no objection to Dickov giving him the hook if it's not happening for him in a particular game, but every time I've seen him this season he's always looked like he can do the opposition damage.

And while I don't like his play-acting, sometimes he does use it to the team's advantage. There was a moment at Carlisle where we'd been more than rattled for a fair few minutes. We couldn't get the ball clear, and if we did, we couldn't keep it. Taylor got it, drew in the foul and stayed down for a couple of minutes receiving treatment. We got back in to the game immediately after the restart.

Funny how Kuqi's digs at the ref aren't commented on. On Saturday he got involved in a fracas that had nothing to do with him, granted he was sticking up for a team mate but many a ref would have booked him for getting involved.

The standard of refereeing in this league is so poor I'm happy for Taylor or any other player to keep chipping away, I don't like it but it is part of the game these days.

He lost his yard of pace after the hip injury that he got preseason under Dave Penney. Great preseason that, 3 players all with hip injuries climbing at Tangle Hills....bravo

Edited by LT_SMASH

Strange.

I swear I saw him get past a defender, on the outside, and pull the ball back in to the area at least twice on Saturday.

He's still a starter every game for me. Still a threat, running at teams through the middle or stretching them on the wing. I've no objection to Dickov giving him the hook if it's not happening for him in a particular game, but every time I've seen him this season he's always looked like he can do the opposition damage.

And while I don't like his play-acting, sometimes he does use it to the team's advantage. There was a moment at Carlisle where we'd been more than rattled for a fair few minutes. We couldn't get the ball clear, and if we did, we couldn't keep it. Taylor got it, drew in the foul and stayed down for a couple of minutes receiving treatment. We got back in to the game immediately after the restart.

Taylor today was the hardest working player on the pitch - he tackled back and closed the play down - not too much of an attacking threat but then we had plenty doing that today - another side to the man - great performance alongside Lee, MVoto, Black and of course Robbie Simpson :wink:

Taylor today was the hardest working player on the pitch - he tackled back and closed the play down - not too much of an attacking threat but then we had plenty doing that today - another side to the man - great performance alongside Lee, MVoto, Black and of course Robbie Simpson :wink:

Aye, good game from the lad, Shez and their players must have had nightmares:

"Watch out for the ginger lad Taylor, if he doesn't get the ball watch for Scapuzzi, while you're at it, pick up Furman and keep an eye on Simpson, obviously close the big fella Kuqi down and the full backs Lee and Black can cause problems...."

Good team performance all round.

He did have an average game. The two goals we conceded came from crosses he didnt stop. Just saying.

Bollocks.

Where does the cross come from for the first? Our left. Taylor was on the right and is in the box when the ball comes in.

Second one, he's maybe a little out of position but never had a hope of blocking off the cross.

But don't let that get the in way of lampooning him.

Just saying.

Bollocks.

Where does the cross come from for the first? Our left. Taylor was on the right and is in the box when the ball comes in.

Second one, he's maybe a little out of position but never had a hope of blocking off the cross.

But don't let that get the in way of lampooning him.

Just saying.

But Stevie - didn't you get the memo, it's cool to slate Taylor.

Just saying

Some of you might get your wish sooner rather than later.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15822761.stm

It's a worry that as soon as the Jan window opens, the likes of Taylor, Furman, Lee, Diamond, Cisak, Wes, Kuqi…..heck - most of the squad bar M'Voto will be able to talk to other clubs and sign pre-contract agreements. For Lee, Furman et all; we'll be due a small amount of compensation; but for others like Taylor, Diamond et all, we wont be.

This squad needs to kept together, alongside this management group. Deals need to be sorted ASAP - otherwise we'll be losing most of them.

I hope the dark Lord & Corney are working away behind the scenes on this, I really do.

I don't get the criticism of Taylor he is one of the best players we've had in years. Top scorer last season. Probably not too far off being top assist maker.

He is one of us too.

Every player in League one would be playing at a higher level if they didn't have a flaw be it lack of pace, lack of vision, fitness etc. Taylor's only flaw is that he is a Latics fan.

It's a worry that as soon as the Jan window opens, the likes of Taylor, Furman, Lee, Diamond, Cisak, Wes, Kuqi…..heck - most of the squad bar M'Voto will be able to talk to other clubs and sign pre-contract agreements. For Lee, Furman et all; we'll be due a small amount of compensation; but for others like Taylor, Diamond et all, we wont be.

This squad needs to kept together, alongside this management group. Deals need to be sorted ASAP - otherwise we'll be losing most of them.

I hope the dark Lord & Corney are working away behind the scenes on this, I really do.

Agreed. It is quite a worry that we could finish the season and have no squad left.

Okay he wasnt at fault for the first one (I got him mistaken for Simpson) so my bad there, but he should of stopped the cross coming in for the second, its his job as a winger to support the full back and he didnt therefore resulting in a goal.

Yes i can slate Taylor all i want, ive missed one game all season, paying good money and he has had about one good game all season (MK Dons). He has been gash all season and how he wasnt dropped earlier i dont know. Fair enough yes he was one of our better players last season, but this is this season. I dont buy into all this he is one of us? So what that stops him from being criticised?

Every time he gets the ball hes so predictible, when he has it i sit there and say, hes guna run with it and cut inside and either lose it or play a sideways or backwards pass.

latics fan or not, Taylor has been crap so far this season - has the look of a guy who is trying but not at the level he could do if he really pushed himself in games like Simmo does - i.e coasting.

He NEVER gets dropped from the start or substituted despite being sub-standard most games - why?? I hope PD hasn't bought into this 'i'd better not upset the fans by taking their prodigal son off'.

He is casual when defending - always trots over to be seen to be getting near to closing his man down to stop a cross but in actual fact never gets there and his man has loads of time to run/pass and move without even a tackle from him.

I could accept having him in the team were he to actually give us something positive when attacking/be able to pull something out of the bag in a flash, but his attacking play is so easy to read its laughable - when on the left just stand in front of him when he cuts in and you will block him off; or on the right (because he has lost all sense of his rightful position having been moved by Shez 5 years ago) where he hasn't ever consistently (even on the left for that matter) beat a man and whipped a cross over - when does he EVER burst past his defender and cross/create a goal?

I can only think of once this season for Wesolowski v Wycombe (and he needs to do more of the same).

Do I want him to stay? - wouldn't say no in that he does still have more than average pace to at least run and cause a few problems.

Would i cry if he left? - No I wouldn't purely for his performances becoming few and far between in doing his job (providing crosses/assists) and for the fact that he just looks average at best.

There is a reason why those clubs ala Leeds, Blackpool, Sheff Utd who knew our asking price decided not to pay it - No consistent end product.

When you look at the contribution of your Simpson's and even Scapuzzi in his short time, Taylor is nowhere near (and Simpson is 2 years older - you think the opposite looking at their displays). His display and general demeanour on saturday looked like someone still feeling the effects from the night before and I wouldn't bet against having heard reports of his busy social life.

Last season was decent, prior to that he has been in the most part crap - his 1 real season was in the Shez playoff year where he was outstanding.

Stay or go Chris, not fussed either way.

Just my view as honestly as i see it. Average league one player, never be good enough for the championship in my eyes.

Prove me WRONG!

Edited by shefflatic

Diamond said he wants to stay for longer on a latics player interview.

latics fan or not, Taylor has been crap so far this season -

<snip snip - Taylor bashing>

He is casual when defending - always trots over to be seen to be getting near to closing his man down to stop a cross but in actual fact never gets there and his man has loads of time to run/pass and move without even a tackle from him.

<Snip Snip - more Taylor bashing>

And there we massively disagree, massively so in fact.

I think the one element that Chris has been outstanding in this season, more than any other one, has been his tracking back, covering, pressing, tackling & defending.

He has worked so hard in certain games; you can quite clearly see he has been dead on his feet come the final whistle.

The protection he was giving our out of position very young; very raw stand-in LB was top-notch, and smacked of a player who at 24 and 250+ games has learned a lot in a short time, and was assuming a senior role in protecting & covering a young teammate at the expense of his own individual attacking performance.

But hey, guess I should assume the position in the ranks - Taylor's :censored: & should be dropped. I hope he leave tomorrow the ginger :censored:-bag