Does Tonight Change Your Opinion?

I've never been to a match in this competition, I don't consider it a first team tournament.

I'm no more interested in it today than I ever have been.

our participation in it is merely a reminder of how :censored: we are & frankly I don't need that.

i'm glad some people are getting enjoyment from it & for that reason i hope you get what you want out of it. no harm done.

Lol before this season we couldnt buy a win in a cup game, i echo lot of lads thoughts, 240miles round trip on a tuesday i dont do for pretty obvious reason im probably the only gutted person in country who wishes we could play southern teams away in the competition, i only have 1 day left off this year and the semi i will make that day be it home or away, couldnt care less who we play would prefer chesterfield at home out all them even bradford as sheridan fact add a bit of spice and whitaker and few others coming back

We can win this keep the faith come on oldham us loyal fans are getting paid back and well done to those who went tuesday u are the real fans who desreved that preformance

I have ever so slightly found a chink of light in favour of the competition. It uses up suspensions for goalkeepers.

Other than that, it's still :censored: and we should just get out of it ASAP. Hammer in a hundred own goals to make the point as well.

Now that isn't a bad point. Plus it has shown that Gerrard is able to do the backup keeper role.

Winning games breeds a winning mentality , It breeds confidence throughout the team , if we beat Burton and take this mentality into the League it can only help us in the long run.

But if Kuqi breaks his leg in the Semis then I will go back to it being a :censored: competition

Am I the only one that would want Preston in this round? Two legged games, the "better sides" generally go through. I'm not saying we couldn't do them over 2 legs, but I am saying I think Chesterfield and Bradford are not as good as Preston.

Am I the only one that would want Preston in this round? Two legged games, the "better sides" generally go through. I'm not saying we couldn't do them over 2 legs, but I am saying I think Chesterfield and Bradford are not as good as Preston.

It would be a good time to play PNE coz theyre sh1t at the moment, they'll still have a shaky defence later on in the comp (Area Final) BUT will have Mellor and Hume firing them in, thats why they had good results at the start of the season.

For me Bradford at home would be the ideal draw, am not having all this they beat Hudds and Sheff U so they'll be a tough nut to crack, both those teams didnt take it seriously and Bratford would have upped their game to beat their bigger local rivals, anyone that follows L2 level will know Bratford are cr@p and we'd beat them at a canter.

Never thought of that. Good thinking, bring on the preston (at home please).

Is it really a tin pot trophy? Because only League 1 & 2 clubs take part, some fans will, and do, think so. But it's OUR cup competition because we're not going to win the FA or Carling Cups any time soon. Lower League clubs, in some cases, get their bit of glory with a giant-killing act.

Latics v Citeh and Everton obviously spring to mind. Results like Hereford v the Toon, Colchester v Dirty Leeds, York v Arsenal etc get the football world talking each season and there will be more this and every season afterwards. But those giantkillers won't win the thing, whereas Latics have a great chance of going all the way in the JPT.

Each game that we win, whether it's in the League, FA Cup or JPT gets us on a roll, increases confidence and gets the entire squad battling for a place in the starting line up because they will all want a piece of the action when it comes to the final stages of every competition.

I honestly don't understand those who won't go to a JPT game (I accept that finances will have an impact), but 25,000 or so will crawl out of the woodwork on Final day, decked out in blue and white chanting "We love you Oldham, we do". Brentford took 30,000 last seasom, 6 times their usual home gate. And afterwards? Back to whatever they usually do on a Saturday in the vast majority of cases.

But that's OK. They've had their moment of glory.

A bit like the Man Ure fans who only watch from their armchairs or check the train times back to London after a home game. I wish I could have been there on Tuesday night shouting the lads on, but a near 400 mile round trip (plus other, more personal, things that some know about) made it impossible.

It's all about opinions, innit? And whether you actually want the team to do well in whatever competition they happen to be playing in.

*Gets ready for loads of minuses*