When Simpson goes back

What do we do? Stick with the same formation and stick Parker on the wing and Taylor in behind Kuqi? Go back to 442 with Reid up top? Stick Morais on the wing and Scapuzzi in behing Kuqi?

We will have plenty of options but we will certainly miss Simpson. Tough decisions for Dickov to make in next few weeks!

I think the 4-4-2 we play is more like a 4-2-2-2 with the wingers switching and one of the Strikers dropping back occasionally, if Simpson does go then Parker seems the natural replacement in the dropping back role. But I think Dickov likes to build a team around the backbone of Ciask, M'Voto, Furman and Kuqi (a bit like Brain Clough)

What do we do? Stick with the same formation and stick Parker on the wing and Taylor in behind Kuqi? Go back to 442 with Reid up top? Stick Morais on the wing and Scapuzzi in behing Kuqi?

We will have plenty of options but we will certainly miss Simpson. Tough decisions for Dickov to make in next few weeks!

Scapuzzi behind Kuqi for me

you could have a midfield attack of:

scapuzzi..furman..wes..mellor

..........taylor

.........kuqi

parker..furman..wes..taylor

.........scapuzzi

.........kuqi

morais..furman..wes..taylor

.......reid..kuqi

scapuzzi..furman..wes..taylor

...........reid..kuqi

scapuzzi..furman..wes..taylor

.........parker

.........kuqi

taylor..furman..wes..scapuzzi

.........morais

.........kuqi

that's assuming kuqi, wes and furman are all starters which they are and even woth those options there's rotation of the wingers.

lots of choice, and i still think we'd miss simpson

I haven't been as keen for a loan player to sign as Simpson since the superb Neil Adams was on loan from Everton.

I have little doubt we will look very one dimensional without him , in this free role has (credit to Wes , Adeyemi & Furman that he can undertake it) he is causing havoc & he is banging in more assists than anyone I can recall since Ricky Holden.

Only trobule is we are not exactly in a strong position to be negotiating with Hudders!

They must know we need him!

Nice to be in that positon rather than just desperate

I reckon they just want him off the wage bill!

They obviously dont want him, thats why they let him play in the FA Cup!

I reckon they just want him off the wage bill!

They obviously dont want him, thats why they let him play in the FA Cup!

I don't think they are desperate to get him off the wage bill. They are not short of cash and may even turn down offers for Jordan Rhodes, but if another club comes in for Simpson offering cash then that may put the cat among the pigeons.

Worry thing is Simpson has now started to draw attention off other clubs and money talks and unless we have some agreement offering us the chance to sign him permently we could end up losing out on him. Hopefully not personally i think Adeyemi, Clarke and Scapuzzi have all been great loan signings compared to others in the past. I do not see how Josh Parker and mentioned earlier how Rueben Reid will get back into to the team. But as we know injuries and suspensions will end up happening.

At the end of the day, even if hudds are offered money and accept - what is to stop simpson turning down the move? He knows he can move to oldham for free in the summer if he's that keen on us (which it seems he is) it's better financially for hudds just to let him go in jan and save 6 months of wages.

Reid will be a definite starter when he's fit

For me too

We have lots of options as soon as Parker & Reid are up to speed fitness wise, but the obvious one is that Reid comes back in. Before his thigh injury; he was our best player up to that point I'd say; and a big thing is that now with Kuqi who can (& is) do the farthest forward role; Reid will be able to operate in the slightly withdrawn role Robbie Simpson has excelled in.

I think Reid will do well in that role - he looks to me to be at his best when he was 5 yards of space to start from; can get the ball down and run at the defence. He was a threat whenever he did that - the one that stands out to me was Yeovil away when he did the only thing of merit from one of our players with his run at pace before feeding Parker a through ball for the late penalty.

Strangely when you consider his build, he didn't ever look to me to be a target man, the furthest forward striker or the focal point to play back to goal - it wasn't what he was about, and the more he gained fitness & confidence; the more we saw what he is actually about, namely a ball at feet; run at the defence from deeper attacker - and in the role that Simpson has enjoyed; I think Reid will enjoy lots of joy too.

Keep Scapuzzi on the right, Taylor on the left, but let them interchange as they have been doing; and go with Reid in the position that Simpson has played. Less messing about with other players swapping positions and Reid needs to come back in, so that's it for me.

I could be wrong, but aren't Scapuzzi & Mancini only here on one month loan deals?

Mancini 1 month

Scapuzzi 2 month

I think if Scapuzzi settles then he could stay longer , not sure if Mancini is needed for translations but Saturday suggested to me Mancini wont be used by Dickov , he will definately not be needed when Parker and Reid are back.

Only other thing I can see is City may have a Championship loan lined up for Scapuzzi

Mancini 1 month

Scapuzzi 2 month

I think if Scapuzzi settles then he could stay longer , not sure if Mancini is needed for translations but Saturday suggested to me Mancini wont be used by Dickov , he will definately not be needed when Parker and Reid are back.

Only other thing I can see is City may have a Championship loan lined up for Scapuzzi

A Ryan Bertrand situation then? I can unfortunately see that too.........