Liverpool fixture

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TRAIN - choo choo

It takes an hour to get from Leeds to Manchester Piccadily by train its about an hour on top of that from Manchester to Liverpool.

I've driven from Leeds to Heywood regularly at that time I'd say my average for that journey is about 50 minutes.

I'm chuffed to bits that its a Friday, personally.

I've been rehearsing all day how I was going to tell my 4 year old daughter that Daddy wouldn't be attending her birthday party on the Sunday. Now I don't need to.

Still a strange decision though. Just hope it doesn't affect the gate too much.

Absolute fukcing joke!! - How the feck do Liverpool and Latics expect us to all get to Liverpool on a friday night???

The majority myself included have to work and will find it extremely difficult to get down there.

3k latics fans there max because of this.

Absolutely fuming!! Absolute disgrace!! :ranting: :ranting:

I managed to get from Liverpool to Boundary Park and back last night, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

It's not that far away, you know....

Liverpool have their own TV channel free on Sky...could the match be shown live on that ?

As ITV and ESPN have bought the exclusive rights for all FA cup games then no as it would be breaking the TV contract.

Is Parking round Anfield Liverpool a good idea on a friday night? scouse thieving jokes aside does anyone know how accesible it is by car and if they have adequate parking?

Edited by GlossopLatic

As ITV and ESPN have bought the exclusive rights for all FA cup games then no as it would be breaking the TV contract.

Is Parking round Anfield Liverpool a good idea on a friday night? scouse thieving jokes aside does anyone know how accesible it is by car and if they have adequate parking?

As someone who has experience of driving to Anfield a few times over the last few years, DO NOT I repeat DO NOT street park around Anfield, use any of the Car Parks or use the scallies 'street car parks' where you pay them after you drive off safely, with a car that is intact. Believe me it is like a time warp round there and if you have not parked in a car park or agreed to pay to park in a certain area your car WILL be vandalised. Seen it with my own eyes, they really don't give a :censored: around there and neither do the police.

No, the area around the ground is residents only and being honest i wouldn't advise you to leave it parked on the street further away. The car park behind the Anfield Road end holds 1000, i think Liverpool also have the use of the car parks at Goodison. There's a few places like Hope Valley school on Breck Road and the dockers club on Townsend Lane that have parking on matchdays as well.

btw as much as it's a bit of a pain that the game's been shifted to the Friday, spare a thought for the Newcastle fans who'll be making their way home from Anfield the previous Friday night. 'We know how you feel, because we feel the same'. Do you, Sky. Do you really.

No, the area around the ground is residents only and being honest i wouldn't advise you to leave it parked on the street further away. The car park behind the Anfield Road end holds 1000, i think Liverpool also have the use of the car parks at Goodison. There's a few places like Hope Valley school on Breck Road and the dockers club on Townsend Lane that have parking on matchdays as well.

Is that the one in Stanley Park? After doing a bit of Googling I think that might be full for the season

yeah that's the one. It's not listed on Liverpool's website so it must be for pass holders only.

Spoke to a lad in work today,apparently if you get there early enough & you're prepared to take the chance of leaving your car unattended you might be able to park in Newsham Park (off Rocky Lane/A5049) for free. Apparently it 'should' be safe because it's opposite the police station. Apparently.