Why Friday?

125 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on this?

• Still going.
    • Would have gone either way.
    • Can't go due to the day.
    • Hope to go but because of the date I will be struggling.

agree but what can we do other than go there and party i want to see all u tics wether their for one day or season tickets holders buy a shirt and a scarf and create an atmosphere a euopean side would jump up and down and sing like :censored: at least make them know we were there

oh when the blues

Like that. I hope to go but it could be difficult. Should be okay though.

:zigga:

every cloud has a silver lining.......

.....was worrried that our ticket allocation and Latics usual approach to ticket arrangements might make it difficult for non season ticket holders to get one but the Friday night arrangement should ease that worry.

Only real question is whether to go on official coach or drive.

Thank Sky for changing football.

There once was a time when all of these FA cup games would have been on the Saturday afternoon, the odd one may have been moved on the advice of the police but those days have long gone. Once that door was kicked open we get decisions like this.

Can we have an option for no I'm not going as its all a lurid conspiracy theory to stop us all going.

Look its the luck of the draw we managed to pull Liverpool out of the hat at Anfield but in the same draw Everton were drawn at home and there was the manc derby. Merseyside Police will not allow everton and Liverpool to play at home on the same day as they are uber close and Everton already bagsied saturday. Greater Manchester Police will not want a few thousand Oldham fans going to Liverpool via Manchester Victoria and Piccadilly on the day of the derby they will have enough to deal with that day as it is. Then again we could have pulled out MK Dons away and we would be cursing our luck at having a crap draw.

On another note I wonder if Liverpool are planning on selling the rights of this game to a foreign Tv channel what with them having global support and all that?

Edited by GlossopLatic

Nothing to do with Sky. Merseyside police dont want both The Toffee and Liverpool on the same day. Apparently it was 'Evertons' turn for when this happened to get the choice.

What I think bt is saying is that it may have been changed to Sunday in the 'good old days' before sky made Friday night matches ten a penny.

I wasn't blaming sky for this change. Sky have created a culture where games are moved willy nilly, if Everton are at home and get the choice they go for Saturday, fine, we should be Sunday, logical. But the poor, poor liverpool players will have another game in a few days and need a resty westy before this other game as the professional athletes can't do the running around thing too many times in a few days so we shift a 3rd round FA Cup to Friday.

I wasn't blaming sky for this change. Sky have created a culture where games are moved willy nilly, if Everton are at home and get the choice they go for Saturday, fine, we should be Sunday, logical. But the poor, poor liverpool players will have another game in a few days and need a resty westy before this other game as the professional athletes can't do the running around thing too many times in a few days so we shift a 3rd round FA Cup to Friday.

Liverpool forums are saying its cos Latics are in the paintpot that week (presumably the game will have been moved forward due to a potential fa cup replay date)

*This is from Red and white kop.

Not impressed at all with this Friday night tripe, not one bit! I can still go 'cos i'm on a 7-5 early that day but i'm gonna have to drive and go straight from work to make kick off!

Sunday was all sorted.....beer, train, more beer, match, more beer, train, more beer......you get the idea!

What a crock of :censored:e.....

I'm assuming Corney has come to some sort of deal with Liverpool re cash handout to agree to the game being on a Friday night. A mate of mine at work is a Southend season ticket holder and he said the game was agreed for Sunday with them. As there is no way would be able to make an evening kick off after work. If they could play Southend on a Sunday, they could play us on a Sunday, so something doesn't add up. At a guess i'd say the crowd will be 10k less on the Friday than Sunday afternoon.

Rant over..... Will be the best half days holiday I'll probably ever take!!

Edited by Slash

I'm assuming Corney has come to some sort of deal with Liverpool re cash handout to agree to the game being on a Friday night. A mate of mine at work is a Southend season ticket holder and he said the game was agreed for Sunday with them. As there is no way would be able to make an evening kick off after work. If they could play Southend on a Sunday, they could play us on a Sunday, so something doesn't add up. At a guess i'd say the crowd will be 10k less on the Friday than Sunday afternoon.

Rant over..... Will be the best half days holiday I'll probably ever take!!

My only concern is that the crowd will be smaller on the Friday evening than it would be on the Sunday afternoon, resulting in fewer £££s for Latics!

We'll just have ease off at Anfield, settle for a draw and bring them back to BP!

I'm sure my kind bosses will let me have the Friday afternoon off though!

Friday...f it.With heavy heart this is one glory hunter not now jumping on the bandwagon.I hope Corney has agreed to a date with less receipts & a stronger opposition because of some kind of reparation....cash,loan players etc. If not then he's an utter dick.

Ah well,I'll live with missing it & there's always the next round.plus with a bit of luck it'll be on foreign tv

Unable to vote on the pole because one question missing 'Couldn't go if the game had been at the weekend, but able to go now it's on the Friday?' I am on call over the weekend. Seems sensible to me and the only real option for both clubs. Couldn't be Saturday because Everton at home and many floating Latic's fans in the area have either City or United as their first choice team and may have been discouraged against going with the the derby being on the Sunday at 1pm.

Edited by meat pie sausage roll