Barry explains why its a Friday

The fact that he feels the need to explain the situation suggests there has been more calls of complaint than in support of the Friday.

Oh well i am going! And at least those liverpool fans that were torn on supporting their team or watching man united on the telly will be happy now.

Our biggest match for years, and its on a Friday to keep the Liverpool fans happy! Thanks Barry!

I don't think its to keep liverpool fans happy, why would they be put off going to see there own team by the manc derby. However day tripping fans coming from Oldham may have been put off.

Our biggest match for years, and its on a Friday to keep the Liverpool fans happy! Thanks Barry!

If everyone who turns up at the game gets to vote for which day it is and Liverpool vote Friday it will be Friday. Democracy innit.

I think the home team will always have the sway in these matters.

Friday, Sunday, Tuesday? Who cares? We are playing Liverpool at Anfield for the first time since 93-94 season.

It's down to how much you want to go. I do, so I'll take Friday afternoon off work. If it was Sunday, there'd still be people moaning about it not being on Saturday at 3pm.

Quite ridiculous how some are taking a pop at Barry Owen about this.

Liverpool say that there'll be a bigger gate on the Friday - yet there are some on here who apparently know better.

And anyone who has read this site will know that there are some people who can make it easier on the Friday than Sunday. that's all he said.

So let's criticise him for explaining things.

I don't think its to keep liverpool fans happy, why would they be put off going to see there own team by the manc derby. However day tripping fans coming from Oldham may have been put off.

this is the first reason I've seen that makes sense

quite a few Utd & City from round here went to Everton in 08

look at it this way and Friday is better for us attendance/gate receipt/money wise

Face facts, the club will never tell us the truth. Barry will be in the dark as well. It may be that the game suits Liverpool to be on Friday and we benefit in some way.. say the loan of a player in the New Year? Or a bit of a benefit elsewhewre. Friday is mega naff for those who work. OK for kids. OK for those who are retired.

this is the first reason I've seen that makes sense

quite a few Utd & City from round here went to Everton in 08

look at it this way and Friday is better for us attendance/gate receipt/money wise

Working in Failswoth I must admit that I have been suprised by the number of other Clubs fans (City, United and Rochdale) that have expressed interest in the match at Anfield and claim that they would like to go

Edited by another fan