Liverpool Tickets

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly cant remember a game I looked forward to so much.

I just hope nobody is stupid enough to sit in seats that don't belong to them especially given the fact people stood in the rain for so long to get them etc.

I hope nobody tries this with mine but I am on row 4 block 123 so doubt it I dont care if its Mohammed I am Hard bruce Lee that sh*t will not be happening to me ITS MY SEAT!!! lol. :angry:

There is a rumour going round that United fans are taking a big 19 flag to anfield. Just going to an ambarassment to us

Lets hope it is just that a 'rumour'. Doubt they would have the gall to do it. If not though these United fans will be in for a bit of a shock!

Heard a lot of moaning in the queue and again on here and I don't really get what the club has done that's so wrong? Season ticket holders got first dibs, vouchers next, then open sale to the hardy souls willing to brave the weather and queue up. What's wrong with that? Having been out in that weather for nearly 5 hours I would have been well pissed off to be told that we'd sold out on the internet or over the phones. Plus phone/internet sales are much more open to abuse and touts leaving even more real fans without tickets. If you're willing to queue up for hours in that :censored: then you've earned a ticket in my view.

In hindsight maybe they could have limited the open sale to 2 per person from the start, then open phone sales tomorrow if there were any left, but not many people expected us to sell out so quickly - plenty of people on here were saying how there'll be loads of tickets available.

And the talk of how proper fans may miss out because of part timers, what are the club supposed to do about that? Make everyone pass a Latics loyalty test to get tickets?

We all know the crack, we're a small club with a :censored: old ground that isn't equipped to handle something like this. I think the club did about as well as it could do in the circumstances.

Edited by nzlatic

Heard a lot of moaning in the queue and again on here and I don't really get what the club has done that's so wrong? Season ticket holders got first dibs, vouchers next, then open sale to the hardy souls willing to brave the weather and queue up. What's wrong with that? Having been out in that weather for nearly 5 hours I would have been well pissed off to be told that we'd sold out on the internet or over the phones. Plus phone/internet sales are much more open to abuse and touts leaving even more real fans without tickets. If you're willing to queue up for hours in that :censored: then you've earned a ticket in my view.

In hindsight maybe they could have limited the open sale to 2 per person from the start, then open phone sales tomorrow if there were any left, but not many people expected us to sell out so quickly - plenty of people on here were saying how there'll be loads of tickets available.

And the talk of how proper fans may miss out because of part timers, what are the club supposed to do about that? Make everyone pass a Latics loyalty test to get tickets?

We all know the crack, we're a small club with a :censored: old ground that isn't equipped to handle something like this. I think the club did about as well as it could do in the circumstances.

simple case of people spitting their dummy out.

club did what they dreamed of doing. shifting every ticket they had to make money. it matters no odds to anyone at the club who gets one after the season ticket holders have been sorted

Indeed- not to mention the likelihood of the computer system crashing as roughly 2500 Oldham fans try to get tickets at once at 9am. The Olympic system must have crashed on me about 4 times in the hour I spent trying to get tickets for the GB football, for which there are tickets still available, that was using a multi-million pound computer system how bad would it have been with our two-bob one (unless Razza could sort us out). It does seem a bit silly that we had fans queuing in the rain when we have stadium full of empty seats for them to use- but then again I can remember the chaos it was for Blackpool home tickets where the queue was in the RRE and because it wasn't organised turned into a bit of a scrum as people realised how to jump the queue.

Absolutely gutted about missing Anfield. Live 200 miles away so no chance to get to BP today, tried for several hours to get through by phone but no joy. Supported the club for over 40 years and although I can only get to maybe ten games a year I feel like more of a true fan than the thousands who don't bother to go to home games despite living in Oldham

I'm praying the club take an extra allocation (surely there is some kind of contingency plan if sales went as well as they have?)

Realistically, and knowing Latics, I guess there is little chance.

Not really a moan and I wish the "day trippers" well but please can you bother to turn up a little more often, maybe I'll even see you away at Dagenham on a rainy February day when we're 17th in the league !

Absolutely gutted about missing Anfield. Live 200 miles away so no chance to get to BP today, tried for several hours to get through by phone but no joy. Supported the club for over 40 years and although I can only get to maybe ten games a year I feel like more of a true fan than the thousands who don't bother to go to home games despite living in Oldham

I'm praying the club take an extra allocation (surely there is some kind of contingency plan if sales went as well as they have?)

Not really a moan and I wish the "day trippers" well but please can you bother to turn up a little more often, maybe I'll even see you away at Dagenham on a rainy February day when we're 17th in the league !

+ 1 feel for you mate and the others that missed out I'm 120 miles away and struggle to make it to many games lucky enough my old dear is a season ticket holder fingers crossed we get more!

Edited by marshy

sold out

I work with City & United fans, and get a lot of stick for supporting "little old Oldham". 6,000 tickets! You will never sell them they said!I predicted on the 1st day after they went on sale to ST holders(which is when I got mine)that we would sell out. NEVER, THEY SAID.

OH YES WE WILL

May I suggest next time you contact the club before they go on open sale. Let's just say as much as they cannot advertise their common sense approach, they do have one.

I know its a long shot but anyone know of any tickets going?live in chorlton south manchester and was working yesterday.My seven and a half month pregnant wife was on the phone all day.Really gutted as i was there at hereford away til the final whistle,accrington away last season in the cup and have travelled home and away for years.really cant miss anfield!

I have read pretty much every thread on the ticket saga, i dont see a real reason as to why they wont sell the upper tier, surely the first 100 tickets sold will cover expenses (catering, stewarding etc) then the rest is profit, i dont get it? pull yer fingers out scousers and let the rest o the blue army see the game!

To HallamBlue; thanks for your really kind comment mate

To Jimsleftfoot; I thought I was ok as a mate was going to pick some up for me yesterday but had to be at work and , much as we all did, was caught out by the queues and couldn't wait for 3/4 hours

The only gripe I have with the club is that they have not communicated in any way about the prospect/rumour of any additional allocation, I think they should have addressed that yesterday pm or certainly this morning so that the hundreds (?) of disappointed fans can make alternative arrangements or at least get on with drowning our sorrows!!

I admit it is a little hard to take that I can't get a ticket and after four decades of supporting Latics through thick and thin (mostly thin!)

The only criticism i would make of the tickets sales was that having seen the queue when they went on open sale , the club should have restricted the number to only 1 or 2 per person to ensure that everybody that queued got one.

I am sure the way they were sold would mean that 99% of the so called regular supporters had every chance to get a ticket.

Edited by losesome

photo4.jpg

Cant wait to turn this Blue just hope we get the top section too!!! :grin:

Looking at the picture if people are looking to go in the next stand i would sit quite close to the Oldham fans. On this picture it looks like you are apart of the stand which we are in

To HallamBlue; thanks for your really kind comment mate

To Jimsleftfoot; I thought I was ok as a mate was going to pick some up for me yesterday but had to be at work and , much as we all did, was caught out by the queues and couldn't wait for 3/4 hours

The only gripe I have with the club is that they have not communicated in any way about the prospect/rumour of any additional allocation, I think they should have addressed that yesterday pm or certainly this morning so that the hundreds (?) of disappointed fans can make alternative arrangements or at least get on with drowning our sorrows!!

I admit it is a little hard to take that I can't get a ticket and after four decades of supporting Latics through thick and thin (mostly thin!)

The rumour about the extra tickets was simply that a rumour. As Ritchie82 pointed out there are season ticket holders in the seats that were rumoured to be going on sale.

Nothing official was ever murmoured about this and it was all hearsay on our part.

My point is that the club knows there are rumours going around so why not quash them, and, it also knows there are many fans who couldn't get tickets so why not update them?

The issue of season ticket holders is not relevant. The home club has to offer a certain percentage of seats for cup games and has to move season ticket holders as necessary. It can only reduce the % allocation on segregation/safety issues. I suspect the only reason we don't have more tickets is because SC et al didn't we think we could sell them and wouldn't take the additional financial risk. My frustration is they should have had a plan B option in place in case we sold out very fast and they could make a decision in conjunction with LFC on taking the upper tier.....maybe this is completely wrong or maybe it happened, or, maybe they didn't think it through. As the club won't tell us we are reduced to speculation!

My point is that the club knows there are rumours going around so why not quash them, and, it also knows there are many fans who couldn't get tickets so why not update them?

The issue of season ticket holders is not relevant. The home club has to offer a certain percentage of seats for cup games and has to move season ticket holders as necessary. It can only reduce the % allocation on segregation/safety issues. I suspect the only reason we don't have more tickets is because SC et al didn't we think we could sell them and wouldn't take the additional financial risk. My frustration is they should have had a plan B option in place in case we sold out very fast and they could make a decision in conjunction with LFC on taking the upper tier.....maybe this is completely wrong or maybe it happened, or, maybe they didn't think it through. As the club won't tell us we are reduced to speculation!

Technically as Anfield's capacity is 45276, we were entitled to 6791 seats (15% of 45276). We got less than that, however, to accommodate that number of Oldham fans some additional segregation would have been required. Whilst its not ideal to have Scousers above us; it allows us (and other away teams in cups) close to the number of seats required without any additional segregation, which we would be liable for a proportion of the costs. Given Liverpool sell out their games regularly with more seats as they give away fans fewer seats in the league, I doubt they will be willing to limit their own support to enhance ours.

Part of the problem is someone makes up a rumour which sounds plausible it gets on here and people misinterpret rumour as FACT due to its plausibility, the only extra seats we were ever going to get were the restricted view ones and those have apparently already been sold.

Another ticketless fan here too :( I sent my brother up to Oldham yesterday (200 mile round trip) unfortunately he could get there til about 4pm when I found out it was too late. Will be religiously watching for a new update that we're given the top tier. Please please please.

Could not make it to BP yesterday due to work so missed out on my ticket. Gutted as I go to all home games and some away, have been signed up to Latics player for years and contributing to playershare since it started. Its great for the club that all the stay aways are coming back for a game but sad for all the regulars that cant get a ticket. Not happy!!