Liverpool Tickets

So because it doesn't happen very often, real fans should just accept they missed out on a massive game to day trippers who probably support the scum or citeh and won't be seen again until the next big fa cup tie when they'll take somebody elses chance to go and support their team. How does that make any sense?

So as a real fan you can look forward to going to the see your team play in a half full stadium every other week or going to away games with the 400 or so others who care enough to make the trip. When it comes to a really big game you just have to hope you're lucky. Good luck everyone!!!

It seems quite a few poeple on here who wanted to go, haven't got tickets. The club should have seen that a lot of scum fans would want to see us against Liverpool on the off chance that we beat em and they get to be there rubbing it in. It looks like that's pretty much what's happened. There'll be about 4 to 4.5k latics fans at anfield and the rest made up of scum and citeh who've jumped on the bandwagon. Is that really how it should be when real fans will be sitting on here in match day chat at best watching on a stream?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% agree, and when i started a topic about :censored: :censored:ty and scum fans it got deleted, alot of oldham fans have missed out coz of them muppets FACT!!!

Yes, people have missed out and would feel peeved but the clue is in the reference "Open Sale"

We should have a membership scheme.

We used to have one - I can't remember why it was abandoned.

Now we have one called PlayerShare, giving supporters, including those who are unable to attend run-of-the-mill matches, the satisfaction of playing their part in assisting the Club's finances, while 'sharing' a player, who is a 'larger-than-life' character. As suggested elsewhere, PlayerShare subscribers could be given preference ahead of the open sale of tickets.

100% agree, and when i started a topic about :censored: :censored:ty and scum fans it got deleted, alot of oldham fans have missed out coz of them muppets FACT!!!

A lot of Oldham fans have missed out because they didn't get to BP early enough on Thursday, (for whatever reason- a significant one being they couldn't be arsed), didn't buy a programme for the relevant cup games and don't have a season ticket (or a friend who does). That is a FACT.

If a fan of another team is going instead of a "loyal" Oldham fan its because they did.

We used to have one - I can't remember why it was abandoned.

Now we have one called PlayerShare, giving supporters, including those who are unable to attend run-of-the-mill matches, the satisfaction of playing their part in assisting the Club's finances, while 'sharing' a player, who is a 'larger-than-life' character. As suggested elsewhere, PlayerShare subscribers could be given preference ahead of the open sale of tickets.

It was abandoned because the FA rightly ruled that membership schemes shouldn't offer a discount to members at the expense of non-members for home games and the people in charge deemed it fit to not continue it for a once every few seasons opportunity when fans can't get tickets for an all-ticket away game.

PlayerShare is not run by the club it shouldn't mean subscribers get to jump the queue, and even if it did how do you define a subscriber, my £5 last month is as good as anyone else's £5.

It was abandoned because the FA rightly ruled that membership schemes shouldn't offer a discount to members at the expense of non-members for home games and the people in charge deemed it fit to not continue it for a once every few seasons opportunity when fans can't get tickets for an all-ticket away game.

PlayerShare is not run by the club it shouldn't mean subscribers get to jump the queue, and even if it did how do you define a subscriber, my £5 last month is as good as anyone else's £5.

Thanks for the info.

The Club benefits from PlayerShare, with subscribers content about where their money is going, rather than worrying it may be disappearing under an Amigo's poncho. A "subscriber" is someone who pays into the scheme regularly, whatever the amount.

only my opinion.....I think linking playershare with allocation of tickets is a great idea....regular subscribers should be treated the same as season ticket holders. you help the club and the club helps you, also tokens in programmes is a definate no no....i take my son (home and away) super fan? i like to think so, and my mate takes 3his 2 sons, people tend to buy a programme per family......therefore a ticket for me n my mate but none for our sons (the future).....happy new year....god bless you all

imo

until we are playing Liverpool or teams like Liverpool every week then the way they deal with the tickets at latics is ok

i know some are unhappy they didnt get a ticket and im sorry for them but i dont think a complete overhaul of club policys is needed when at the moment you only make the 3rd round of the cup every 4 years!

i do find it quite hopeful for the future that all these "real fans" missed out though, it means the average attendance will be going up some time soon

This whole Ticketgate situation is getting right on my tits now!!

Why not just shut up bleating and accept that you either couldn't be arsed getting out of your pit, gambled that enough would still be left when you could be arsed or simply expected that the world owed you a living and fate told you it was the time to collect at your leisure!

The only way to guarantee one was to commit to buying a sason ticket and such 'having a right' to first option.'I can't afford a season ticket though'!! Tough :censored:, life's a bitch sometimes, try cutting down on the ale, cigs etc if that's your pleasure or get an interest free credit card each year and pay it off over 12 months!!

Unfortunately some people have no way of paying for a a season ticket because they are living close to the poverty line, again this is tough but reality would suggest that :censored: happens and some of us are deep in it!!

Buying a season ticket is our commitment to the club, if you couldn't be arsed or couldn't afford it then next season bear in mind that you might find yourself in a similar situation!!

'I pick my games etc'....again tough :censored:, that's the gamble you take!!

The club :censored:ed up by giving ST holders two each, no need for that, we only have one season ticket! Again, dishing out unrestricted amounts when on open sale was a major cock up but that leaves the club with a lesson to learn, just like you lot who can't get over the fact that you ain't going to Anfield for one reason or another!!

Finally, for the glory hunters at Anfield.......'Where were you at Boundary Park!!'........Move on!!

The club :censored:ed up by giving ST holders two each,

i don't think they did, and not because i didn't have a season ticket this season(yes i benefited from a mates ticket) but ive had them for many years in the past and i could be wrong but season ticket holders always get/got 2 why should that change now?

i don't think they did, and not because i didn't have a season ticket this season(yes i benefited from a mates ticket) but ive had them for many years in the past and i could be wrong but season ticket holders always get/got 2 why should that change now?

Was one per ticket in the late 80's early 90's; they didn't think they'd sell the allocation and based upon recent attendencies i kinda understand their thinking!

Was one per ticket in the late 80's early 90's; they didn't think they'd sell the allocation and based upon recent attendencies i kinda understand their thinking!

fair do's i didn't do my own queuing back then my old man got them for me.

i was sure it had been 2 each for at least the last 10 years though

Thanks for the info.

The Club benefits from PlayerShare, with subscribers content about where their money is going, rather than worrying it may be disappearing under an Amigo's poncho. A "subscriber" is someone who pays into the scheme regularly, whatever the amount.

Playershare is not the vehicle... if it were you could argue OWTB was (prior to independence) suitable too, I doubt many would go for that!

Playershare is not the vehicle... if it were you could argue OWTB was (prior to independence) suitable too, I doubt many would go for that!

I can't see any similarity between PlayerShare and OWTB. OWTB and Oldham Scotland's comments in the rarely-wrong Chron, yeah, but not a scheme designed to pay part of a player's wages.

I am surprised that Latics didn't milk ticket sales for the Notts County game.

Scarier still is to discover Barry is the acting Chief Exec!

The question should have been asked for everyone who bought tickets for the Liverpool game. Would have resulted in more sales just by asking.