Liverpool Tickets

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plus....row 32 109 is a restrcted view (pole blocking both goals) and i have 110....

seems like phone tickets have been a bit shafted....

....have they sold all the tickets so far and then just before you could pick them up this morning sorted all the phone ones out?

Yeah hadn't realised it was only just in front of the restricted view seats. Hmmm. Oh well. Still, i'd rather be at the back with our fans than at the front with the home fans like i was last time we played on Merseyside in the cup.

We've sold over 3500 tickets and there have been a few reports of the £25 seats being sold out- they are going to be very close to being so now. So those who picked their tickets up today are quite likely to be quite late in actually getting hold of their tickets, no matter when they "bought" them- it makes sense for the shop to split up the tickets so those bought over the phone are towards the back and those bought in person are towards the front, especially as there were 2 people serving those in the queue and an "unspecified" number of people taking phone calls so the people on the phone don't sell someone a £25 ticket when the people serving in person have just sold the last one. The phone in customers were almost certainly going to be near the back or at the front (and if your in the front row you probably might not see that much when sat down anyway).

The people who phoned up to order their tickets will have in reality paid less than those who went in person as most phone calls are already paid for, but the customers buying theirs in person had to make a special journey to do so- they've "paid a premium" to ensure they can "choose" their seat, this is going to sound a little bit mean but if those people who paid over the phone don't like their seat, then they could always make a special journey to have more freedom to choose, its up to you if the cost (including time and hassle) of the journey is worth it, I'd guess probably not in the majority of cases.

According to official Liverpool site, the general sale to home fans seems to be going quite well. Central sections of the Kop are sold out, as are some parts of the Main and Centenary stands. Other sections are restricted availability (e.g. single seats only) and only those near the wings have general availability. Anfield Rd Upper (above where we sit) isn't being sold, whether this means the stand will be left empty or is already pre-assigned I don't know. I'd be disappointed with below 30k crowd, but happy with 35k.

http://www.liverpoolfc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=AS&product=11FH3H&campaign=&type=H

Absolute tosh medic....

I was working away in cornwall. Had i travelled up to get my tickets, id have paid more of a 'premium' as you put it. Where would that have sat me? In the directors box?

Im pretty certain people who have bought tickets at the ground days after i rang, are not sat on the verge of restricted like i am now....

Will the club let people exchange tickets? I can't see them doing that to be honest. I'm not bothered, i'm just happy to be going, but there was no indication given on the OS that people who bought tickets in person would be able to choose their seat and those who bought over the phone wouldn't. As Fruitygoo says, people who bought over the phone weren't just being lazy. I certainly wasn't as far away as Cornwall but it would have been an 80+ mile round journey via public transport on a Sunday morning to the ticket office.

I'm not complaining,i'm quite happy with my seat, it's a bit further back than i would have picked but i'm just glad to be going. I just think it's a bit harsh saying that people who bought over the phone can't complain when there was nothing to suggest that buying over the phone would make any difference to what ticket you'd get.

Thannks to some people on here for posting the linky about don't get a seat near to the back. When I went to get tickets on the first sunday, I asked for seats as near to the front as possible, I got row 9, so hope that's not restricted. :wink:

Mrs o4u queued after an arduous 5 minute drive.

She wasn't offered choice of seat.

I don't think there's any differentiation of service between phone and personal purchases. It all depends on what questions are asked and how budy they are at the time of the transaction.

Mrs o4u queued after an arduous 5 minute drive.

She wasn't offered choice of seat.

I don't think there's any differentiation of service between phone and personal purchases. It all depends on what questions are asked and how budy they are at the time of the transaction.

Fair enough, I'm not having a go at the people in the ticket office, let's face it, we haven't been equipped to deal with large numbers of people wanting tickets for quite some time because it hasn't been necessary.