Olympics

The extra tourists doesn't surprise me having heard Athens had fewer tourists in 2004. Im a bit amazed that the bigwigs thought we were going to get that many more tourists in London at the height of tourist season. A few cities will get extra tourists as a result of the Olympics, but London is not one of them.

If we really wanted extra tourists the games should have been held in September but that would have meant the Paralympics was in October which would not have been practical. It would have meant the games wouldn't have clashed with Ramadan too.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The extra tourists doesn't surprise me having heard Athens had fewer tourists in 2004. Im a bit amazed that the bigwigs thought we were going to get that many more tourists in London at the height of tourist season. A few cities will get extra tourists as a result of the Olympics, but London is not one of them.

If we really wanted extra tourists the games should have been held in September but that would have meant the Paralympics was in October which would not have been practical. It would have meant the games wouldn't have clashed with Ramadan too.

Fair point, overlapping the two congests the Mayfair whoring season somewhat.

Was at the Millenium Stadium tonight and it was a quality atmosphere. Still haven't sorted out the catering and I was told to sit down by some people behind me the second the players came out, despite 69,000 standing up. When I took my time to sit down, he sai 'football fans'... Does make you wonde why he was at the match.

Quite happy that Ivpurchased some semi final tickets for OT now.