Olympics

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus. You should be totally against this farce. You're just playing hard to get.

-

The LA games didn't cost a public cent, that would have been my model. They told the TV networks to lodge a deposit if they were interested in bidding and rented an office from the interest. I am against paying for it, but no more so than I am in paying for a bone idle GP to retire on a fat pension at my expense.

Good job they didn't do this in Hyde Park.

They'd have had to go home at Chile.

Now you mention it, they allowed a later finish for tonight's gig at Hyde Park. Early bath for The Boss, late rnning tubes and noise pollution for whoever it was now.

I am now, but the archery went to a shoot off and I couldn't pull myself away. Both because of the tension and the fact the commentator had as little idea of what was happening as I did.

'And Japan have scored 9 so that means the last Indian is not required to shoot his last arrow.'

[Camera cuts to Indian lining up his bow]

'[long pause]...to affect the score.'

£3.60 for a small bottle of Heineken or Magners

£5+ for a wine

Tub of Pringles £2.50

Pies and Pasties £3+

Water £1.60

Pop £2.30

We only bought drinks, as we took our own food. Food did run out at one stage but I believe they re-stocked.

Oh and i'm going there again tomorrow too.

£3.60 for a small bottle of Heineken or Magners

£5+ for a wine

Tub of Pringles £2.50

Pies and Pasties £3+

Water £1.60

Pop £2.30

We only bought drinks, as we took our own food. Food did run out at one stage but I believe they re-stocked.

Oh and i'm going there again tomorrow too.

Ta.

Not good, but not too shocking.

Might still bail out after the Brazilians though.

Any problems getting food through security?

Edited by opinions4u

Ta.

Not good, but not too shocking.

Might still bail out after the Brazilians though.

Any problems getting food through security?

Absolutely none, I was pointed to a small bag check area by a friendly customer and I'm quite glad of it as it took 5 minutes and the queue for the main bag check area was easily 30 minutes. I'd allow a bit more time if you have a bag. I don't know about the bag check for anywhere else in the ground apart from the North stand but hopefully they have more than the 2 areas.

I'd bring bottle tops though, you are supposed to be able to get drinking water to fill up an empty bottle in the ground but there was only a bit dodgy tasting tap water in the bit I was in.

I think they may have only got the same amount if food in for a standard OT game but as it was a virtual full-house and 5 hours long a greater percentage of people wanted food than normal. So you may find for a non GB game the food doesn't run out

You need a good slap. I thought we had an agreement?

I'm off to Wimbledon just now. If there's any transport :censored:-ups because there's some halfwits on push bikes in the area I'm going to start windmilling.

You need a good slap. I thought we had an agreement?

I'm off to Wimbledon just now. If there's any transport :censored:-ups because there's some halfwits on push bikes in the area I'm going to start windmilling.

That's unfair, I got banned for sleaze the last time I talked about windmilling!

That's unfair, I got banned for sleaze the last time I talked about windmilling!

Banned for sleaze? You? Never.

It's alright. I'm back in the world of local enterprise partnerships now. Except I'm on here, which has nothing to do with the regional growth fund and the growing places fund and all manner of other BS.

Germans cut their noses off to spite Cav's face in the cycling. Always a struggle to catch a strong breakaway group with 4 men pulling the whole peleton over a 6 minute lead, carrying a sprinter who isn't dead fond of hills. Feel for Cav, Wiggins was too drained to give them a chance in the Madisson last time and now this.

Germans and a few others. Why would you blatantly deny yourself any chance of winning? BBC coverage was absolutely shocking as well. You had to remember which shops the lead group had just passed in the hope of discovering the time gap when the second group went past.

-

It was piss poor coverage. The Germans were fools, could well have taken a silver and left with nowt. Still, everyone knew the Brits were the best team so they can't be expected to lie down and die

It was piss poor coverage. The Germans were fools, could well have taken a silver and left with nowt. Still, everyone knew the Brits were the best team so they can't be expected to lie down and die

I don't think it was the Beeb's fault it was common across a few countries- so it was either LOCOG or the company the IOC have contracted out to provide TV coverage