• Scapuzzi
    • Furman
    • Simpson
    • Kuqi
    • Taylor
    • Smith
    • Parker
    • Morais

Any of them could of been apart from Scapuzzi and Kuqi.

Voted for Adeyemi, one of his better games for us whilst being played out of position. Coped well with Maxi and Bellamy when he attacked down Liverpool's left. Hardly made a mistake all game.

Any of them could of been apart from Scapuzzi and Kuqi.

Voted for Adeyemi, one of his better games for us whilst being played out of position. Coped well with Maxi and Bellamy when he attacked down Liverpool's left. Hardly made a mistake all game.

I was very impressed with Adeyemi, despite having serious reservations when I realised he was at right-back and Lee at left-back. But, because of the needless foul for the penalty, Furman sneaks it for me.

Furman for me all the way. Not only did he play well but I thought he did what a captain should do all game - pulled a couple of players away from the ref at half time, was straight over to Adeyemi after the abuse and was the only player who seemed to notice after the goal that we had no one in the Liverpool half preventing the quick restart. Most intelligent performance I've seen in a Latics shirt for a long time.

Adeyemi, think we've found his position imo. The Penalty was a schoolboy error, but we'll let him off for that one as long as he learns from it, and Maxi did go down like a sack of :censored:….

Edited by oafcprozac

Furman for me all the way. Not only did he play well but I thought he did what a captain should do all game - pulled a couple of players away from the ref at half time, was straight over to Adeyemi after the abuse and was the only player who seemed to notice after the goal that we had no one in the Liverpool half preventing the quick restart. Most intelligent performance I've seen in a Latics shirt for a long time.

Agreed but it was his error which led to the third goal I think

Diamond for me.

Thought he had an excellent match on the ground and in the air.

I've gone for Furman as I thought he was awesome, a real captain's performance. I have to agree with your comments on Diamond though, that was easily the best i've seen him play since his arrival, really rose to the occasion...

Bodes well for jpt and then possibly wembley. Big game players, no one bottled it on friday when they could be forgiven for shying away from the ball

I'm not saying either of them bottled it as such but I thought Scapuzzi and Kuqi were both crap if i'm totally honest...

I'm not saying either of them bottled it as such but I thought Scapuzzi and Kuqi were both crap if i'm totally honest...

Scapuzzi was quiet, but got a couple of key challenges in.

His movement on the Simpson goal, while not needed, showed a bit of footballing intelligence too.

Kuqi was disappointing, but still produced one great moment. Should have finished the job though.

Edited by opinions4u

Agreed but it was his error which led to the third goal I think

Yeah it was. I'd forgotten myself until he held his hands up to it on Twitter. To be fair there were a few candidates - adeyemi did well (naive penalty apart), I'm surprised Lee hasn't had a mention with the number of balls he cut out second half. I thought Scapuzzi was quiet and I thought Kuqi was exactly what we didn't need - against Everton a big part of the win was down to Hughes annoying the crap out of their defence and forcing errors whereas Kuqi gave the Liverpool defenders all the time in the world to play it out.

As others have said - 9 serious candidates scapuzzi & kuqi apart

Real close between Adeyemi, furman, Taylor and Diamond for me, but in the end ive gone for Diamond. Nit that i think he's been prior; but that was his best game in a Latics shirt. A real rock

hate to say anything negative about such a brilliant effort but totally agree kuqi was a real weak link. desperately needed someone to hassle them, give them something to constantly worry about & move them around & I thought kuqi was utterly abysmal tbh. but nine awesome performances & one quiet one to choose from. I'd take that any week! :)

went for wes, great performance, but should have gone for taylor, showed what he can do when given space.

overall though, spearing was quality. everything went through gerrard, and liverpool had some good performances too, but spearing really impressed me.

Hate to criticise either of them because up until Christmas i thought they were our 2 best players, but have to agree. Really thought this game would bring the best out of Scapuzzi, was really surprised at how quite he was. Kuqi wasn't as 'up for it' as i expected.

Went for Furman, thought it was between him and Taylor, neither of them looked out of their depth. Simpson was scaring the crap out of Liverpool for a while. As daft as it sounds considering we let in 5, thought Cisak had a good game as well.

Big Zander was immense - as was Furman, Adeyami, Cisac, Mvoto and Simpson.

How, before this game, anyone could suggest Adeyemi doesn't have the tools to go higher i'll never know....

To be fair, that was Adeyemi's best performance by a mile. Can't say I would have had him down as a full back though.

To be fair, that was Adeyemi's best performance by a mile. Can't say I would have had him down as a full back though.

Adeyemi might be more suited to the full back role where he would be much more involved than in midfield.

Adeyemi might be more suited to the full back role where he would be much more involved than in midfield.

I think that is the nail on the head point.

In all the games I've seen him play, I didn't view Tom as being suited to the full-back position.

That said, one of my main gripes with Tom is that games pass him by, he drifts in & out and can go long periods without touching the ball or affecting the game. In the full-back position that just can't happen, so he has to be more involved playing there.

It was his best game for us; better than his MK Dons game. Other than that I've not been bowled over by him actually - I've said that before. But, if PD now sees his best back 4 as Lee at LB & Tom at RB, who know's - if he can perform like he did Vs Liverpool playing at RB for the rest of the time he's here with us; that's more than do me.