• Rod Stewart
    • Madness
    • Katherine Jenkins

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekend Tickets £95 (With camping)

Camping available on Clayton playing fields.

VIP Camping available on little Wembley

Revenge on the local residents for screwing up the ground redevelopment? :wink:

Noel Gallagher. And he can waive his fee as an apology for saying we're all closet City fans. And what GlossopLatic said about the Inspirals suppporting.

I went to tsee Elton John locally at the Hop Farm, in 2004, when he was supported by Scissor Sisters.

Not sure the crowd, but am sure it would be smaller than BP

However, he arrived and left by Helicoptor!

Although the venue now does a Hop FArm Festival by Vince Power (MEan Fiddler adn turning around REading/Glastonbury) it never did the big gigs again, so maybe they lost a fair bit of money on it.

Just a note of caution.

Certainly seems like a great idea if the music is right, I'd say go for the most popular though to increase chances of a sell out

Good on you Jenny for looking at every option.

Establish it now, and the redeveoped BP could be a well established venue.

has anyone been to a gig at a stadium of a similar sized club to Latics? I'm guessing close proximity to Manchester and poor transport links might hamper our cause of getting gigs

Fair comment but I believe that Heaton Park is horrendus and they still get gigs. The apollo isn't that great to get to and from either!!!

When does this close? I need to know before i book tickets and "cough" hotel for Download. In terms of making money by the way, its definitely the post teen crowd you want. Higher prices, and for a special occasion we won't pre-load on cider and glue like the kids do

Fair comment but I believe that Heaton Park is horrendus and they still get gigs. The apollo isn't that great to get to and from either!!!

Heaton Park has got the Metrolink and the Apollo is only a short walk from one of the busiest railway stations in the country at the minute Boundary Park can only rely on busses

apparently Walsall had N-Dubz but they couldn't sell any tickets because no-one would pay £35 to see them

They got the Metrolink station that shuts after gigs as it cannot cope with demand. For some reason I got a feeling this aint gonna happen not meaning to sound negative but did we not try something simliar when Chris Moore put us in trouble. LOCAL RESIDENTS kicked off and we could not get a license.