Chesterfield Play Tonight

Bournemouth Manager Quote about tonights game:

"I'd love to beat the club record of 13 away matches unbeaten (currently 11 unbeaten) but I'll talk about it if and when we do it. I just want us to win games".

They will be up for letting Chesterfield know who they are!

Just a taster for when we get em at BP :grin:

Bournemouth Manager Quote about tonights game:

"I'd love to beat the club record of 13 away matches unbeaten (currently 11 unbeaten) but I'll talk about it if and when we do it. I just want us to win games".

They will be up for letting Chesterfield know who they are!

Just a taster for when we get em at BP :grin:

I remember back in early 70s when we won the league i think we went to Chesterfield on the back of 11 straight wins -

and lost 1-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chesterfield winning 1-0 , certainly would say they are the form team in league one this year .

What a difference in fortunes since Xmas between us and them !!!!!

:(

Just won 1-0, first home league win since September, a cracking volley. Almost 7,000 there, three wins in a row, while we are without a win in 5. So we should win 2-0 :grin:

Chesterfield winning 1-0 , certainly would say they are the form team in league one this year .

What a difference in fortunes since Xmas between us and them !!!!!

:(

Granted they've won tonight but the stats don't show a team who dominated the game. 3 shots on target and 2 off isn't that scary.

They have tightened up at the back though, an early goal would be ideal for us.

Granted they've won tonight but the stats don't show a team who dominated the game. 3 shots on target and 2 off isn't that scary.

They have tightened up at the back though, an early goal would be ideal for us.

There you go guys grasping at every little straw. Only one injury maybe in CM after the lad got a kick but apart from that we're ok.

How's your injury list looking.

I still hate this competition.

But once again I'm going to wrap up warm and head to a wind and rain swept Boundary Park on a week night to see another awful game in a meaningless competition and freeze my over ample tits off.

I'm past caring whether we do enough to over turn the 2-1 deficit that will mean I have to fork out a trip to Wembley to see us try and scrape a win against another no mark side in a 2/3s full at best stadium to win a cup that will be at best a footnote in the press and our trophy cabinet.

Shez being the manager of our Monday night opponents does give it the semblance of spice needed to irk my interest, I still have admiration for the bloke and would have liked to see him ride out the storm of that infamous night at the dogs. If he could have got to the end of the season and then gone on some business type management courses I think he could have enjoyed the success he will go on to have with Chesterfield and the rest of his career.

Don't get me wrong, because of what happened we have ended up with Dickov and I certainly wouldn't trade, the way Dickov speaks about the club, performances, football and the whole shebang is fantastic, I didn't like him as a player but even if he was the manager of another club I'd warm to him if he was managing elsewhere.

Whitaker didn't celebrate his penalty against us the other night, many a lesser player would have and I wouldn't have blamed him or them. the fact he didn't says so much about Latics, the club I love and about Whitaker, our former player and that speaks volumes for us, the muppets that shell out time and time again to see the blue shirted heroes cross that white line and try and put a smile on our ugly Oldham faces.

As much as I couldn't give a toss about the aggregate result on Monday I kind of hope we win. This nonsense though about our season being over if we lose makes me chuckle, stave off relegation and we've done fine, keep our better players in the close season is far more important, the game on Monday night has nowt to do with that. If any player is proud of a JPT winners medal in their cabinet then they need to take a look at themselves. I'm fat with 2 left feet, neither of them cultured and I can not imagine a scenario where I would ever show off a JPT/LDV/AutoWindscreen.... winners medal. Even as a fan I can't see me ever saying "We won the JPT in 2012" ever being a good thing to say, ever. Even to my Rochdale supporting brother in law! it is hardly a badge of honour. The only way you get in this poxy competition is by being so :censored: that you're in the :censored: leagues. It is our only crack at winning anything, but does feel like a one legged man entering an ass kicking competition, you don't know how he'll do it but you really want to watch!

Our season ended in July when the population of Oldham didn't flock down Sheepfoot Lane brandishing freshly minted £300+ to buy season tickets, can any of us think of anyone who would part with their cash for next season off the back of a JPT win?

And another thing, I've never bought any of their :censored:ty paint and I never will. Dulex or B&Q's own for me. I don't think I've ever even seen their product and I spend too much time in DIY shops.

Now I wouldn't buy it out of principle, "They sponsor that :censored: competition and they have that stupid rule about playing first team players" That is what I would say to a focus group for the :censored:stones paint company. Mawhiney can trumpet a lengthening of the sponsorship for this pitiful cup but I'm not going to but their watery paint.

I've never bought a sharp product as they sponsored Manure, same for Candy & Liverpool, brother & city, AIG, Aon, Etihad, Holsten, Mansion as they held talks with Manure. In fact I tried to get out of my vodafone contract when they sponsored Manure, if they hadn't had a water tight contract and the fact no other company got coverage in my flat at the time they would have lost a customer I can tell you....

I've still never used LDV, Autoglass or will ever use JP.

I'll be there cheering them on as I always do. Doesn't mean I have to like it. No silly bookings or injuries will do mean, if Shefki can rid himself of his scoring hoodoo then even better!

If we win then so be it, if we lose then so be it,.

If we somehow beat Chesterfield then go on to win it, then what?? Open top bus parade?

And another thing, I've never bought any of their :censored:ty paint and I never will. Dulex or B&Q's own for me. I don't think I've ever even seen their product and I spend too much time in DIY shops.

Now I wouldn't buy it out of principle, "They sponsor that :censored: competition and they have that stupid rule about playing first team players" That is what I would say to a focus group for the :censored:stones paint company. Mawhiney can trumpet a lengthening of the sponsorship for this pitiful cup but I'm not going to but their watery paint.

I've never bought a sharp product as they sponsored Manure, same for Candy & Liverpool, brother & city, AIG, Aon, Etihad, Holsten, Mansion as they held talks with Manure. In fact I tried to get out of my vodafone contract when they sponsored Manure, if they hadn't had a water tight contract and the fact no other company got coverage in my flat at the time they would have lost a customer I can tell you....

I've still never used LDV, Autoglass or will ever use JP.

"I've never bought a sharp product as they sponsored Manure, same for Candy & Liverpool, brother & city, AIG, Aon, Etihad, Holsten, Mansion as they held talks with Manure. In fact I tried to get out of my vodafone contract when they sponsored Manure, if they hadn't had a water tight contract and the fact no other company got coverage in my flat at the time they would have lost a customer I can tell you....

I've still never used LDV, Autoglass or will ever use JP".

Now that's extreme to say the least...I wonder......would you have bought a Slumberland bed or a Bovis home...or even a pint of Lees's Bitter?

It may well be a meaningless tin pot trophy but if we were to reach the final and actually win it, it could be worth £500k in revenue to the club and for that reason alone it has to be worth the effort. It could be the difference between an assault at promotion or just another boring season in this crappy league!!

There you go guys grasping at every little straw. Only one injury maybe in CM after the lad got a kick but apart from that we're ok.

How's your injury list looking.

We can grasp what we want, can you grasp the fact that your posts are making you like a header?

The only way you get in this poxy competition is by being so :censored: that you're in the :censored: leagues...

If any player is proud of a JPT winners medal in their cabinet then they need to take a look at themselves...

Our season ended in July when the population of Oldham didn't flock down Sheepfoot Lane brandishing freshly minted £300+ to buy season tickets...

The Football League has its Cup and its Trophy. It allows Greedy League clubs to take part in its Cup competition. A club which wins the League Cup is perceived as top cup dog among 92. It only allows clubs that receive the crumbs from the Greedy League/Championship tables to take part in its Trophy. If you win it, you're perceived as top cup dog among 48.

There are not many trophies available to be won in a season. If you get promoted as runner-up, you don't get a trophy, yet if you finish 6th (or even 7th in League Two) and win the Play-off, you get a trophy.

For the players, the dream is to play at the iconic Wembley stadium, regardless of whether they pick-up a winner's or loser's medal.

Any trophy, Isle of Man, Caribbean Sugar Bowl, etc is worth winning - the JPT has a money prize to go with it, which would make up for some of those missing season tickets, and might even encourage a feel-good factor leading to increased attendances.

:first: