Which horror really 'chills' you?

Matt

<object width="512" height="400"><param name="movie" value="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf"></param><param'>http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fiplayer%2Fplaylist%2Fp00nz0hp&config_settings_suppressRelatedLinks=true&config_settings_showFooter=true&"></param><embed src="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="512" height="400" FlashVars="playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fiplayer%2Fplaylist%2Fp00nz0hp&config_settings_suppressRelatedLinks=true&config_settings_showFooter=true&"></embed></object>

The ending to the vanishing. (The norwegian original)

*SPOILER ALERT*

A man looking for his missing wife. The film ends with him drinking something and later falling asleep. He wakes up inside a coffin burried alive. He's screaming uncontrollably and is completely believable. I'm not easily bothered by horror films, and I watch a lot of them, but that did.

I think it is in the Omen 2 when some bloke has to go in a pyramid, he gets trapped in a small space that starts to fill up with sand. The sand is coming in quite slowly but he is definitely trapped, he'd be there ages before the sand takes up all the space so he has a while to know that he is going to die, slowly. All the time he has left he will know that he is going to die by suffocating by inhaling the sand up his nose, down his throat and into his lungs, sharp, course sand....

I didn't like that one bit, only seen it the once but it has stayed with me, I'd hate to die like that.

Or when Brian Tilsey was stabbed on Coronation Street, I was only a nipper and that was the first time I'd seen anything like that, the thought of having the sharp blade plunged into me scared me for a while.

Only films that have ever scared me:

The Witches (Roald Dahl) - as a kid this terrified me.

The Orphanage (Spanish horror film) - Very believable when you work it all out.

The Shining - more disturbing than scary.

Other than that most are just pretty funny.

Went to watch Man on a ledge (bad title, good thriller) the other night and saw the trailer for Harry Potter and the woman in black looked okay. MOre jumpy than scary though (by this I mean it isn't going to get into your head)

I think it is in the Omen 2 when some bloke has to go in a pyramid, he gets trapped in a small space that starts to fill up with sand.

Years back I lived in a place at the bottom of the hill that Guilford Cathedral is at - the place where Damien goes nuts when they try to take him to church. One evening I had been watching that very scene and looked out of the window, and the hand on the weathercock turned 90 degrees and pointed directly at me. I fair filled my boots, perhaps assisted by being totally stoned at the time.

The most disturbing thing I have seen was a bit similar to the Omen sand death in some wacky French film about bizarre characters living alternative existences on the Underground. There was a bit where some fit bird who dressed as an angel and never spoke led a commuter down a service tunnel and got him to crawl down a shaft. It was getting narrower and narrower but there was a light at the end of it. He really had to squeeze to get his shoulders through the final bit, where he found a skeleton and a lit candle in a tiny space that he could never turn himself around in. He realises that he is going to end his days there and screams...

The Ring scared the :censored: out of me, I then for some unknown reason started to watch the original a few months later and made it about 20 minutes through. Nothing scary had even happened yet but I knew what was coming.

Was odd as I don't normally scare easy. Woman In Black does look good.

The Ring scared the :censored: out of me, I then for some unknown reason started to watch the original a few months later and made it about 20 minutes through. Nothing scary had even happened yet but I knew what was coming.

Was odd as I don't normally scare easy. Woman In Black does look good.

Ring 2, it wasn't so much the film but after watching flies fly out of the tv (in the film) a wasp appeared from the down chimney in the middle of winter (not in film but in my living room).

Also - In Preston there is a church with a red cross on the top, was built in 1866, on the door there is a sign which reads 'fire exit'.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

The most disturbing thing I have seen was a bit similar to the Omen sand death in some wacky French film about bizarre characters living alternative existences on the Underground. There was a bit where some fit bird who dressed as an angel and never spoke led a commuter down a service tunnel and got him to crawl down a shaft. It was getting narrower and narrower but there was a light at the end of it. He really had to squeeze to get his shoulders through the final bit, where he found a skeleton and a lit candle in a tiny space that he could never turn himself around in. He realises that he is going to end his days there and screams...

You will absolutely love this Japanese short story manga then. It's only 32 pages and will have your skin crawling.

The Enigma of Amigara Fault.

Highly recommended for all.

The scene in Event Horizon where they find the ships recording of the previous crew going nuts. It was nothing particularly gross - a bloke trying to pull his stomach out of his own mouth and other stuff - but I still found it a bit disturbing.

Also the film where the girls go pot holing or cave exploring or whatever it's called and find a load of Orc type people. That had a few moments in it. Was it the descent?

Oh and a French film called Ils (Them). That was good. I expect there will be a Hollywood remake but it won't be as chilling.

Ha ha, I just read the manga comic. It was actually quite good. However, once I'd done I thought I'd browse the rest of the site so I clicked on the 'horror' tab on the right. And this is what I found.....

Here you'll find the scariest pictures and images on the internet. So far there are none, but come back often, the quality collection may never be completed, yet it will be vast.

Do u think the bloke that typed it was being serious?!!!! Awesome.....

The scene in Event Horizon where they find the ships recording of the previous crew going nuts. It was nothing particularly gross - a bloke trying to pull his stomach out of his own mouth and other stuff - but I still found it a bit disturbing.

Oh, hell yeah, this.

And another vote for the original Dutch version of The Vanishing.

And one odd one: I once stumbled across some mediocre late night thriller on TV. Nobody I recognised in it, and I don't know the name. But I caught one scene where a young couple are hiding in scrubland from a killer. He finds the man, gags him, and chains his wrists and ankles to the back of his pickup, then revs the engine. Unfortunately there's a large tree between the man and the truck, so he's wrenched against it, vomiting blood, until (not shown) his arms and legs are ripped off. What really got to me is that the camera focuses on the victim's face, staring at the woman (wife? girlfriend?), still hiding in the scrub, and his eyes are just full of horror as he realises what's happening and dies.

Oh, hell yeah, this.

Those flashes of hell in Event Horizon were freaky. There's nothing really to add to the list here, Ju-On, Dark Water, Ringu, Orphanage, Others, Blair Witch, Exorcist...

Night Of The Living Dead (1968), and Audition are pretty cool too.

'Kiri, kiri, kiri..."

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="276" src="

/><a href="
target="_blank">Audition Trailer</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/zatoichi2080" target="_blank">zatoichi2080</a></i>

Oh and a French film called Ils (Them). That was good. I expect there will be a Hollywood remake but it won't be as chilling.

That the one where the couple are in the house getting terrorised by *SPOILERS*kids*SPOILERS*?

If so, I thought it was :censored: and not in the least bit scary. Funny old world innit :grin:

That the one where the couple are in the house getting terrorised by *SPOILERS*kids*SPOILERS*?

If so, I thought it was :censored: and not in the least bit scary. Funny old world innit :grin:

Yeah, that's the one. It frustrated me, if I'm going to be honest.

...the missus has 'pointed' out another one - Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978 version.

Oh, hell yeah, this.

And one odd one: I once stumbled across some mediocre late night thriller on TV. Nobody I recognised in it, and I don't know the name. But I caught one scene where a young couple are hiding in scrubland from a killer. He finds the man, gags him, and chains his wrists and ankles to the back of his pickup, then revs the engine. Unfortunately there's a large tree between the man and the truck, so he's wrenched against it, vomiting blood, until (not shown) his arms and legs are ripped off. What really got to me is that the camera focuses on the victim's face, staring at the woman (wife? girlfriend?), still hiding in the scrub, and his eyes are just full of horror as he realises what's happening and dies.

Feck me, thanks

Oh, hell yeah, this.

I think thats the Hitcher?