Chairman's important announcement

Living in Cleethorpes suggests you might have Scunny mates- £15 is currently cheaper than what they are paying to watch the same game (this is likely to change).

I don't - Scunny isnt liked around these parts lol - but you might be interested to know that Grimsby Town still have to charge about £16-18 for Blue Square Bet Premier games, as do a number of 'big clubs' who've fallen from grace into that division. Be grateful for where we are! Often these clubs chopped and changed managers and lost a lot of money on overhauling squads down the years! Grimsby did a 'pay what you want' - from £1 to full price - a while back and got less than 5000 i think amid an average mid-table season. This season they look like they are turning it around and, on a good run of form at present, are edging towards that figure charging full price. Back to Latics, let's hope the results start to come - finally an unbeaten run this season?! - and then things might spiral quickly given the price incentive.

Agree with the poster suggesting an effort to target schools. I think Stoke - Premier League finances of course - did something like that this season and gave out loads of shirts to primary school kids, for free I think. Surely if a youngster had a team shirt for his local team do young, along with his mates, chances are he'll stick with that team as he grows up. Also, if a young kid has a shirt and loves it, that would twist the arm of family members to take them to games etc

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope the club have people selling these around the ground on saturday, cant be that hard to hand out? need to get the offer advertised aswell, noticed a few jpt posters going around for the bradford game so something similar but im sure they'll have that covered.

Mike Keegan just tweeted this, might have already been posted but we've got a chairman who dreams of Mancini and Mourinho sitting alone in the chaddy end for Oldham vs Napoli...

Corney's Dream

ST holders, you paid for ST's because you have an affinity towards the club, you committed yourself to the club because YOU WANTED TO. As long as you have the desire, you'll do it again and again season after season, so don't pretend like this offer trying to attract fans back (which is fruitless in the long term) is going to prevent you purchasing a season ticket next season, the club know this. If you choose not to get a season ticket it'll be for the same reason as the rest of us, shít football, can't be arsed, more important things in your life, geographical location, £300 is too expensive to commit to go each week. Not this, this won't affect you buying a season ticket at all, so jump off the high horses those that are complaining. Don't expect the club to drop the price for you next season either, the next time you'll see a price decrease is when we're playing in the Blue Square Premier. This act of desperation to bring fans back should be indication enough that we are in no position at all to reduce season ticket prices.

I'll be getting one of these golden tickets by the way. Even if I only go to a couple of the games it's pretty good value, even with nothing to play for.

Top post Sir

A great offer and SC can only be applauded for it, amazing commitment.

I do think, though, that this should not have waited so late in the day.

It should be in conjunction with the Chron and MEN, I doubt it iwll be the major splash tommorow as it will be old news.

MAybe I am wrong, and it is the right time to allow interview and piece together, but I wish these things appeared on the day they are announced.

The local Press have covered the story:

Chron

MEN

The news has even reached Hereford, where they can detect whether a story is a load of bull.

Pedigree site

Thinking about this, the offer is all about getting people through the gates (hopefully in the long-term). Why don't the club incentivise attending all five games (punch the ticket at each game as proof?) by offering £25 or so off the discount ST price for next season, offering the same to renewing ST holders, so as they get the same reward?

Thinking about this, the offer is all about getting people through the gates (hopefully in the long-term). Why don't the club incentivise attending all five games (punch the ticket at each game as proof?) by offering £25 or so off the discount ST price for next season, offering the same to renewing ST holders, so as they get the same reward?

I did post similar a few pages back ... "5 games for £15 - and get your money back when you buy a season ticket" or similar.

From a marketing perspective, a single clear message is probably going to be stronger. So the route they've taken makes sense. But I hope they collect the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of everybody buying a Golden Ticket so that they can get them on board next season.

Although if they did that, they'd probably forget to contact them.

I did post similar a few pages back ... "5 games for £15 - and get your money back when you buy a season ticket" or similar.

From a marketing perspective, a single clear message is probably going to be stronger. So the route they've taken makes sense. But I hope they collect the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of everybody buying a Golden Ticket so that they can get them on board next season.

Why are you so negative. :)

Ah, missed that, amidst all the bickering! Sorry, o4u.

The Chron has managed to find TWO ST holders who are not happy.

Rarely-wrong

Trust the :censored:ing bog roll substitute dog :censored: paper chron to go with the negative headline, instead of a headline that supports the ticket scheme. And they wonder why the club choose the MEN as the official media partners :petesake:

I've submitted a comment to the Chron, asking for publication of the more favourable view of the offer, shown by the poll on here, in which 90% of responding ST holders do not want compensation.

Because everyone who voted are season ticket holders?? Yeh right. Also the views of people on here are far from the same as people I've spoke to and on facebook.

Got to agree though hate the Chron and the article.

Edited by oldhamains

“It has got to the point now where our players resent the fact they are running out in front of so few supporters''

SC's comment in the chron.

Maybe the players can do something about that then ?..........starting on saturday.

Also the players have ten times as many followers as official Latics do on twitter. Why aren't they advertising the deal? There about 11 players from the squad on there.