Chairman's important announcement

Awwww this has made my day. Build up? What build up? The only build up was on here!!!! You did it to yourselves. I cant make tuesday games so I dont really save much, but it's been great to laugh at some of you lot on here.

+1

As a ST holder it doesn't do me any good, but as a supporter I'm pleased that we should get more people in the ground.

The club is trying something different and credit to it for that.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww this has made my day. Build up? What build up? The only build up was on here!!!! You did it to yourselves. I cant make tuesday games so I dont really save much, but it's been great to laugh at some of you lot on here.

Seriously.... They put an article saying "important breaking dramatic spectacular mind blowing unbelieveble news later on today" on the official site and swear the local media to secrecy... and you dont expect people to get just a little bit excited?

Its a fantastic offer, but it didn't need the big build up

I'll buy a ticket but theres only one problem I can't make night matches so I'll only be able to attend the Yeovil and Bournemouth games. No doubt people will moan but you can't fault the man for trying

I've got a season ticket.

The rest of you get a ticket and even if you only use it once you've broke even.

You complete set of bastards.

..fully understand why ST holders are naffed off, in fact i was going to buy a ST for the 1st time next season but has made me think twice now incase this is done again

I'm not naffed off and I'm not bothered about "compensation". The Club is desperate for income and needs must.

If ST holders declined to buy next season, in case this is done again, the Club would fold in the close-season.

Seriously.... They put an article saying "important breaking dramatic spectacular mind blowing unbelieveble news later on today" on the official site and swear the local media to secrecy... and you dont expect people to get just a little bit excited?

Exactly

Brilliant for me as I go every home game on a weekend and at least 8 away a season can fully understand why ST holders are naffed off, in fact i was going to buy a ST for the 1st time next season but has made me think twice now incase this is done again

On the 'golden tickets' how much are they and will i need to buy 3 as i will go to 3 games, yeovil, b'mouth and leyton 0 so is that 1 for each game?

Dont forget away fans will still have to pay face vaule so that helps us

One golden ticket £15 (bought in advance) covers you for the 5 games or 4 or 3 or 2 ie as many as you want to attend.

Corney said he would be doing something for away fans and in the future for ST holders, they just haven't had time to work out what.

Edited by laticsrblue

The reason say that diego is because i dont buy a st at the moment is because we live in gloucester so miss midweek games as its a 250 mile round trip although its more the taking time off work which is the pain, i was considering just going for the st anyway and taking the loss but would be big now so on that theory i will stick to just coming up every other sat and pay on the day.

The reason say that diego is because i dont buy a st at the moment is because we live in gloucester so miss midweek games as its a 250 mile round trip although its more the taking time off work which is the pain, i was considering just going for the st anyway and taking the loss but would be big now so on that theory i will stick to just coming up every other sat and pay on the day.

Fully appreciated.

Now that's over egging!

Many press releases from many organisations are embargoed i.e . the media know what's in them but can't use the material until a specified time. Bog standard normal procedure.

Meh, you never know. I don't classify myself as a stayaway but wouldn't have gone to any of those games. Now I'll probably go to them all. I'm sure there'll be a fair few more lapsed than myself who will get involved with this too.

I meant the dedicated ones.

+1

As a ST holder it doesn't do me any good, but as a supporter I'm pleased that we should get more people in the ground.

The club is trying something different and credit to it for that.

Same here as a ST holder and both my kids have STs you pays yer money and takes yer choice (with a generous £90+ discount if you pay before the early bird deadline, then the per match cost is still a few quid less than the pay on the dayers). I hope this offer does attract a few more to the club and by doing it for 5 games, we only need a performance or two within those games and people could quite easily get the bug again.

I would like to add that I've been banging the drum for this type of offer pretty much since Corney and his chums arrived, i'm glad the penny has finally dropped but as a note of caution - looking at the way crowds have dropped the horse may have already bolted and it could be perceived as smacking of desperation. I hope the regulars taking advantage of the offer are outweighed by those stayaways/walk ups returning. Otherwise we may be struggling to pay wages again, just like this time last year.

Edited by oafcprozac

Perhaps those who would pay over £15 would consider giving the excess to PlayerShare.

Think I'm going to buy two or three tickets and take a couple of people who would not normally go. Hopefully they will return for the odd game or more afterwards.

Even tho I felt let down about the announcement I think the club have done the right thing. I received 4 text messages telling me about the announcement and couldn't possible miss all the hype on fb and twitter. If the club just came out with the deal I prob would have had to wait to check the site myself to find out. I'm sure there is loads of fans who have only heard about the deal because of the hype beforehand, people who would not normally check the website on a daily basis.

Same here as a ST holder and both my kids have STs you pays yer money and takes yer choice (with a generous £90+ discount if you pay before the early bird deadline, then the per match cost is still a few quid less than the pay on the dayers). I hope this offer does attract a few more to the club and by doing it for 5 games, we only need a performance or two within those games and people could quite easily get the bug again.

I would like to add that I've been banging the drum for this type of offer pretty much since Corney and his chums arrived, i'm glad the penny has finally dropped but as a note of caution - looking at the way crowds have dropped the horse may have already bolted and it could be perceived as smacking of desperation. I hope the regulars taking advantage of the offer are outweighed by those stayaways/walk ups returning. Otherwise we may be struggling to pay wages again, just like this time last year.

As for compensation? Bollocks to that, donate mine to Player Share….

Think I'm going to buy two or three tickets and take a couple of people who would not normally go. Hopefully they will return for the odd game or more afterwards.

Even tho I felt let down about the announcement I think the club have done the right thing. I received 4 text messages telling me about the announcement and couldn't possible miss all the hype on fb and twitter. If the club just came out with the deal I prob would have had to wait to check the site myself to find out. I'm sure there is loads of fans who have only heard about the deal because of the hype beforehand, people who would not normally check the website on a daily basis.

The hype surrounding the announcement may get the offer into the national media, and attract neutrals who may fancy taking a look at League One.

Forget the breaking news thing (let's face it got the rest of us to carry on looking) - fair play to the chairman and the club for this great offer and if it bring new / future fan through the door all the better especially when there are so many games in a short time and money is tight - credit too the club that is why we all post here.