Chairman's important announcement

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the news I was expecting but great idea and deal. Think I can make all 5 games. Don't want to criticise but maybe they could make it pay what you can afford but with a min of £15. I'm sure there would be a few who would have been going to all or most anyway, myself inc, that would pay a little more.

At least SC is showing a determination to get bums on seats. At 3 quid a throw, surely that's got to encourage the stayaways. OK, it doesn't do anything for those who can't get there for various reasons (living in Brizzle or Israel is one that comes to mind), but it most definitely does something for those living locally. Unless, of course, they'd rather mosey on down the road and become "lifelong Citeh or RedCrap supporters".

What is needed, provided the gates increase sufficiently, is for the team to put some cracking performances in to keep the new found fans in place. Of course, there will always be those who will go because it's only £3 and would never go again at full price even if we were top of the Prem, but that's a chance you take.

Come on folks, give the guy a chance. He's trying to do something positive at great personal expense. There have been enough complaints that the club don't appear to do much for the fans. Now something is being done, get behind it. The other positive is that he appreciates how this affects ST holders, so he's looking at that as well.

Is this a case of "Damned if you do, damned if you don't"? Hope not.

Meh.

As a season ticket holder I don't have a problem with this at all and don't really need the club to offer me anything by way of compensation. However, I worry that even this offer, as generous as it appears, won't tempt people out of the woodwork if the results don't improve.

Of course, the club needs to do something, try anything and be proactive and I'm glad that we are but many will just change their excuses from "Its too expensive" to "I'm busy/ can't be bothered/ not going to watch them lose to [insert Carbrini clad team here]. Hope I'm wrong.

As a S/T holder it does nowt for me but i have no moans about them trying to entice fans back.

However i doubt it will work as we will still only get 2800 - 3000 so the only ones that will benefit are the 800 - 1000 who pay cash each week.

Good reward for them but the whole idea of any incentive is too get NEW / STAYAWAY fans back.

Would have been better keeping the prices as they are and investing in a few loanees to get something better on the pitch.

Only way fans will ultimately come back is what is being served up on the pitch .

Edited by losesome

If they hadn't have done this pre announcement I'd be saying "good idea - lets try and get people in". Which is what I'm saying now, but the pre announcement and "dramatic news" statements were always going to lead to people getting annoyed and feeling let down.

Amateurish - 2 Bit operation and stupid.

Like I put earlier - either Tell us something or Shut up

Edited by pukka

a couple of years ago i would have been majorly p*ssed off at the way this (very good) offer was built up like sheikh mansoor's brother was buying us... Now, i couldnt give a sh*t, expected it to be over egged and find it quite funny...

Bad Times

And stayaways.

Meh, you never know. I don't classify myself as a stayaway but wouldn't have gone to any of those games. Now I'll probably go to them all. I'm sure there'll be a fair few more lapsed than myself who will get involved with this too.

:ranting: Well another massive kick in the bollox for us season ticket holders i've already paid in advance when the club want us all to pay(in the summer). What compensation do st holders get? i bet it's not the equivalent to the £15 per match that ive already paid. Why not keep us on tenterhooks with what one. :ranting: i want as compensation 2 pints and 2 pies for my troubles then again they'd only run out of pies. I tell you what i might just hold on geting a season ticket next season and see what latics offer. how about an extra £70 off a season ticket next yr. :grin:

Edited by laticman

Brilliant for me as I go every home game on a weekend and at least 8 away a season can fully understand why ST holders are naffed off, in fact i was going to buy a ST for the 1st time next season but has made me think twice now incase this is done again

On the 'golden tickets' how much are they and will i need to buy 3 as i will go to 3 games, yeovil, b'mouth and leyton 0 so is that 1 for each game?

Dont forget away fans will still have to pay face vaule so that helps us

Don't want to criticise but maybe they could make it pay what you can afford but with a min of £15. I'm sure there would be a few who would have been going to all or most anyway, myself inc, that would pay a little more.

Perhaps those who would pay over £15 would consider giving the excess to PlayerShare.

1.) Aren't they Cat C games, with the exception of Scunthorpe which might possibly have been over categorised to begin with. So I don't think the saving is £66.

2.) It doesn't apply to main stand upper so if you have a season ticket there it arguably doesn't negatively affect you.

3.) If you can't make night games it is still saving you money as after 2 games it pays for itself.

4.) Whilst its a good deal I think Corney is possibly over playing the amount its going to reduce our takings. We had 2500 fans for the midweek game against Walsall- we have 2000 season ticket holders. If you are selling tickets for the equivalent of 20% the standard price you need 5 times as many people paying on the day so if any of the midweek games (aside from Scunny) have more than 4000 there we will be making money.

5.) Plus factor in that the odds of there being midweek football on telly for the midweek games is pretty good, thus lowering our gate, its not quite March Madness (especially as Colchester is in February).