Chairman's important announcement

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Golden Tickets' will be available to buy at the turnstiles for the Colchester game tomorrow. Further details to follow on the OS.

OS

Hopefully that will appear in other locations than our website in case some people who don't go on there (or here) want one.

It might be an idea to put a sign up above the turnstiles.

Fairy cakes if you want to be British, smaller than those Americanised versions.

I'd say that a bun has to have a bready type element. Currant bun,iced bun etc.

But don't get me started on muffins. Can you imagine Andy Barlow haveing a steak and kidney pudding on a double choc chip @muffin'? That's just wrong.

I bought one for my favver.

He comes when there are offers on. Believes the price to be far too high normally.

Used to go a lot in the 80s when he first moved to Oldham and continued to go in the 90s.

Picked and chose games when I was born (due to money) then started taking me to the occasional game.

Then stopped going all together when the prices rocketed and the performances plumeted.

I think these are the fans that the golden ticket is likely to attract. I know for a fact that he wouldn't come every week at full price.

Getting people back into the habit can only be good though. As that is all live football is really. A habit or a routine. Hard to break but once broken hard to reignite.

1,400 golden shower tickets sold according to the OS which isn't bad considering they're available on the turnstile tonight.

By my rough calculations that's the equivalent of 300-350 paying supporters per match in addition to season ticket holders. We should sell a further 800+ tonight increasing the figure to an average of 500 paying supporters per match which simply would not have been achieved without the promotion.

Let's hope our performances on the pitch don't mirror those that have accompanied one-off promotions in the past.

There are a lot of games coming up (2 a week until the back end of April) and it would be nice to at least be in with a mathematical of the play-offs going into the last 6 weeks of the season.

When it was announced I thought that 2000 tickets sold would be a good response given the Oldham public - and hopefully we'll get that.

Yes lots will have been bought by regulars but I was at the ticket office on Saturday and it was obvious there were people buying who were "part timers".

1,400 golden shower tickets sold according to the OS which isn't bad considering they're available on the turnstile tonight.

By my rough calculations that's the equivalent of 300-350 paying supporters per match in addition to season ticket holders. We should sell a further 800+ tonight increasing the figure to an average of 500 paying supporters per match which simply would not have been achieved without the promotion.

Let's hope our performances on the pitch don't mirror those that have accompanied one-off promotions in the past.

There are a lot of games coming up (2 a week until the back end of April) and it would be nice to at least be in with a mathematical of the play-offs going into the last 6 weeks of the season.

This is paramount, you can have all the offers you want, but if we don't put in some performances then it will all count for nothing.

Bore them to death and they won't return.