Filipe Morais

Spoke to him today, nice person to have a 5 min chat with.

I basically talked about saturday and he even admitted which i thought was quite honest, 'we just played :censored:' and after the 3rd we had enough and gave up.

he also said that dickov has no intention of going anywhere and is trying to keep a core within the squad. Also morais said that the club arent issuing contracts to anyone at the moment and are talking to kieran lee thats it.

He admits he hasnt had the best of season and is trying his hardest to up his game.

Overall, top guy, knows his game. What are your opinions of him and would you like him here 2012/2013?

If he's not costing us a fortune, and he recognises the need to step up his game, then I'd like him to stay. He's inconsistent and doesn't deliver the final product often enough, but then very few in our squad do and we have to cut our cloth to our league and finances.

I basically talked about saturday and he even admitted which i thought was quite honest, 'we just played :censored:' and after the 3rd we had enough and gave up.

he also said that dickov has no intention of going anywhere and is trying to keep a core within the squad. Also morais said that the club arent issuing contracts to anyone at the moment and are talking to kieran lee thats it.

He admits he hasnt had the best of season and is trying his hardest to up his game.

Overall, top guy, knows his game. What are your opinions of him and would you like him here 2012/2013?

I think filipe has finally realised that it is a hard world out there. Better the devil you know and all that. he has impressed me since he got back in the team. The body was always willing, but the mind wasnt. yes I would like him here next season, as i would the rest of the players we have, as I think PD has got something, and I dont think he is a quitter

Since just before Xmas he's been worth keeping (providing I'm not massively under estimating his wage).

Prior to that I wouldn't be so sure.

From his tweeting (the ceasing of which has seen his form improve) I understand he still has strong family links to London, I think he mentioned having a daughter living there. It may mean an Evina style situation, where we want to keep him and pay him accordingly but he wants a move to London for personal reasons on similar money.

:mad: :mad:

I was naffed off with him earlier in the season 'cause he seemed to have gone backwards, but since notts county/exter (where he was the only play to try and attack the opposition) hes arguably been our most threating player, rare in this league to have someone who can play left and right. IF we had a quality left back id stick him wide left because he can cross with both feet and shoot with both as well. defo a keeper for me at the mo

My only problem with Morais is that he seems to play very well when he is fighting for his contract but while he is under contract he does not put the effort in.

But would I keep him .... yes

Spoke to him a few times always been a sound lad nice.

Next time you’re speaking to him, please ask him if he is related to Trevor Morais, who played drums with 60s’ Merseybeat groups Faron's Flamingoes and Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, before he co-founded The Peddlers.

He had a recording studio in Malaga, Spain and fellow-Peddlar Tab Martin lives in Portugal. Filipe was born in Portugal, so I’m curious.

Next time you’re speaking to him, please ask him if he is related to Trevor Morais, who played drums with 60s’ Merseybeat groups Faron's Flamingoes and Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, before he co-founded The Peddlers.

He had a recording studio in Malaga, Spain and fellow-Peddlar Tab Martin lives in Portugal. Filipe was born in Portugal, so I’m curious.

why dont you email him

filipe.morais@hotmail.com*

*note this might not be correct

Morais is like Smith.... :wink:

The Morais of Aug to Start of Dec - nope, absolutely not.

.....The Morais of Dec to present day - yes; absolutely!

He's worked hard; you can see that - on his fitness, his application & his attitude - and he should be applauded for that.

If he gets a consistency about his game; he could be a very good player for us indeed.

That said, in this day & age of the revolving-door policy of player turn-a-round - i'm sure from the 1,200 out of work footballers this summer; we could find another Phil Morris were he to leave.

He said that? I'd fine them all a weeks wage if they just gave up after the 3rd went in.

He served me in the club shop the other week actually a really top bloke and the most un portuguesse sounding bloke you could meet

I thought he was one of only 3 who played well sat, i was quite suprised he didnt hide and wanted the ball when we took a mauling, he has all the ability just strikes me as someone who needs an arm around him and remind him how much talent he has, since Charlton he has done well i think, he is a exciting player and he will try and attack the byline

Overall would keep him without a doubt, to get out of this league ever we have to keep the neculus of the squad and just add to that